• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#19 Spanner

Spanner

Mako Stuff Research Group

• Staff
  • 1721 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Well yes, he wont want to come back again!

I honestly have the urge to send this post to the trash thread.

#20 redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS

• Pro User
  • 1914 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

Still horse shit until the prick can provide actual physical proof of the actual cart, and send it to someone in the community with the hardware to dump it.

No cart = no dump = complete and utter horseshit.

The thing is, he's shown 2 videos of "practically" the same thing now, but not once has he just pointed the camera down to show the MegaDrive with the BETA ROM inside. Just doing that, even for a second, would give us all a second thought and think, "wait a second, maybe he's not bull-shitting here". But until then, I'm not buying this story.

#21 DarkLeach

DarkLeach

Behold the Power of DarkLeach7! Tomorrow...

• 191 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

Still horse shit until the prick can provide actual physical proof of the actual cart, and send it to someone in the community with the hardware to dump it.

No cart = no dump = complete and utter horseshit.

The thing is, he's shown 2 videos of "practically" the same thing now, but not once has he just pointed the camera down to show the MegaDrive with the BETA ROM inside. Just doing that, even for a second, would give us all a second thought and think, "wait a second, maybe he's not bull-shitting here". But until then, I'm not buying this story.

I would love to see that happen, but it probably won't considering this person (is):
A: Greedy and doesn't want to share.
B: Doesn't know what they have.
C: Doesn't know what to do with it.
D: This is complete and utter fake and should not be taken into account BY ANYBODY.

I would like to see a cart either for the Genesis or the European/Japanese Megadrive, or a ROM Dump but these people are too dumb to know what that is (maybe they just don't know of the online Sonic Community or something within that context) otherwise we'd have it by now.

A side note, I remember reading an article/interview online with Yuji Naka saying that SEGA had lost a Proto of Sonic 1 and when showed pictures, he said they were of the lost prototype. This may be true, or not. I only read it somewhere.

#22 FinkMac

FinkMac

Swëdish Chef

• 54 posts
  • Location:Walk down the street. You will see a car. Tell the driver to drive until he sees a Hippopotamus on skis, ride the Hippo on skis off a ski jump. You should see a lighthouse, climb to the top of the lighthouse, and you should be able to see my location.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

A side note, I remember reading an article/interview online with Yuji Naka saying that SEGA had lost a Proto of Sonic 1 and when showed pictures, he said they were of the lost prototype. This may be true, or not. I only read it somewhere.

Yes… Apparently, they were planning to include it with (Sonic Jam, I believe), but they couldn't find it anywhere…

On the artwork, I should try to remake that standing sprite… And those mountains…

#23 CrashSG32

CrashSG32

Classy and I know it

• 54 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

^ It was going to be included in Sonic Mega Collection.

Anyway, PLEEASSE remake the sprite. That'd be soo awesome :)

#24 FinkMac

FinkMac

Swëdish Chef

• 54 posts
  • Location:Walk down the street. You will see a car. Tell the driver to drive until he sees a Hippopotamus on skis, ride the Hippo on skis off a ski jump. You should see a lighthouse, climb to the top of the lighthouse, and you should be able to see my location.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

^ It was going to be included in Sonic Mega Collection.

Anyway, PLEEASSE remake the sprite. That'd be soo awesome :)

Crasher on SonicRetro seems to have already done that.

http://forums.sonicr...=0

I notice that in the pictures, there were some slightly smaller mountains… That aren't present in the video.

#25 redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS

• Pro User
  • 1914 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

A quote from me from Sonic Retro:

I don't wish to dump the cart for the time being. Would a video showing me inserting the cart and performing a fresh boot up be sufficient?

That would most definitely help. Any pictures would be nice also.

So, he's willing to show more proof. At least that's something. I wouldn't expect too much though.

#26 Spanner

Spanner

Mako Stuff Research Group

• Staff
  • 1721 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=661695

EDIT: You know what? I've had my fun. I admit it, it's fake. Those of you who guessed MMF were correct. =P You gotta admit, it was a pretty good hoax xD

Thanks for playing the game!

#27 redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS

• Pro User
  • 1914 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Meh =P

But another thing has come up!

At 8:25, some new pictures appear of the beta. Members are asking for scans from the uploader. This looks genuine, but by no means he has the beta. Just a Japanese magazine with a couple of pictures.

Edited by redhotsonic, 08 February 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#28 Sonic master

Sonic master

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 253 posts
  • Interests:Homebrew games for retro systems.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=661695

EDIT: You know what? I've had my fun. I admit it, it's fake. Those of you who guessed MMF were correct. =P You gotta admit, it was a pretty good hoax xD

Thanks for playing the game!

I clicked on the link and it did not take me to the post that you quoted.

#29 rika_chou

rika_chou

Adopt

• Pro User
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

It has been trashed, poster was just someone pretending to be the youtube uploader.

Also the videos are fake for so many reasons. It would be silly to have any doubt about that at this point.

#30 Sonic master

Sonic master

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 253 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

That makes more sense I pretty much know the video is fake but I don't understand why would someone do that and disapoint so many sonic fans?

#31 OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Battle to the death on the big bridge, bitch?

• Administrator
  • 1431 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

To be a complete and total fucking cunt, that's why.

#32 Sonic master

Sonic master

4 Chaos Emeralds

• 253 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Well said OrdosAlpha I agree 100%!

#33 SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum

6 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

While I would understand why someone would make a fake and troll everyone, I wouldn't understand why he would admit it so quickly and easily.

With that said, according to what I read there, Yuji Naka can't confim it's a fake, so there's at least one interesting point here: the multiple layers were at least very similar to this.

#34 DarkLeach

DarkLeach

Behold the Power of DarkLeach7! Tomorrow...

• 191 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

That means somewhere out there there is a unreleased Sonic the Hedgehog 1 Prototype, where I don't know, but we need to find it!

#35 Irixion

Irixion

6 Chaos Emeralds

• Pro User
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

I lol'd

It's kind of hilarious seeing how Sonic fans 'hound' shit. Creaming like it's real and then realising that it's not, then arguing with eachother about how it's not real, but then the idiots still saying it is. Then the dust settles and the topic gets locked.

#36 FinkMac

FinkMac

Swëdish Chef

• 54 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

That means somewhere out there there is a unreleased Sonic the Hedgehog 1 Prototype, where I don't know, but we need to find it!

Somewhere there are 3 Prototypes/Betas… Trouble is, the cartridges are very small, and the world is very large. The cartridges are probably in the same landfill in Utah where they buried all the remaining unsold Apple Lisas…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users