It started in 2006 as a Sonic 1 hack. I slowly worked on the engine and moved it over to Sonic 2, and from there it's been modified to a more custom version of the engine (still feels like a classic game though ).
first off, about what has been added, and what is planned:
* Multiple Characters
* Super Forms for each character
* Sonic CD Spin Dash
* Jump dash (Sonic Only)
* Stomp Attack (Sonic only)
* Super Peelout (Sonic only)
* Homing attack
these moves will be changed before the release, due to him feeling too much like Megamix's Shadow.
* Double Jump (Shadow Only)
* High speed Dash (Chaos Control- Shadow Only)
* New level Palettes and Names
* New Sprites, in Chibi/Super Deformed style
* New art, including enemies
* Sonic 3 & Knuckles style end level poses <- was in S1 version, not yet in S2 version
* S1 Sound Driver/ With S3 DAC
* New Music (some ports too)
* Different music for each zone and act
* New Level art and Layouts (Summer Shoreline Zone, Torrent Tower Zone, Frosty Falls zone)
* Fire, Lightning and Bubble shields from Sonic 3, along with new, exclusive shields, such as the Leaf Shield!
* Attracting rings from Sonic 3.
* Hyper forms <- 90% completed
* Hitaxas' updated S2 engine.
* Ported Objects
* New Objects
* A new selection in the Options menu, allowing the player to chose their game style/moveset
What else is planned?
* Chaos Blast (Super Kill all- Super Shadow only)
* More players (Espio, Knuckles, and Cream..or Tails, who knows)
* New Special stages (level based)
* New Level art and Layouts for other levels
* New title screen
* New end sequence
* More unique features
Now for some screen shots of the most recent version:
Summer Shoreline Zone
Torrent Tower Zone
Unnamed Zone 1
Unnamed Zone 1's Background
Unnamed Zone 2
Newer Knuckles and Shadow:
There is one more stage (Frosty Falls Zone). However, I cannot supply a screen shot at this moment, as the person doing the level art has not finished.
Credits go to:
Me, Irixion, Shobiz, Alriightyman.
Special thanks go to:
* Kenny TH
* Nick O
* Varion Icaria
* Eduardo Knuckles
* Anyone I somehow left out...
Edited by hitaxas, 18 March 2009 - 04:40 PM.