News this week.

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Qjimbo, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Lots of stuff here and there has been happening around SSRG, and it's all down to how much I love you guys. No really, I do. Thanks to your appreciation of Hacktube, you've managed to help raise over $300 in Google revenue! Thank you so much!

As such, we now begin phase two of Hacktube, where I organize a flash-based emulator to be programmed using this money. A bid has been placed on Rentacoder, now we just have to wait and see what happens. It could be that a flash based emulator isn't possible. Or that $300 won't be enough, however we will just have to wait and see.

In regards to other site parts, I'm also working on the the tutorials section. This is long overdue as tutorials have been piling up in the submissions forum for quite some time. I should have a basic version done within the next few days which will present them in a more organized way.

In other news, the entire Sonic Unleashed Soundtrack is avaliable online!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
  2. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Wow, cool! And $300 for some clicks? Wow! How much do you earn with one click?

EDIT:

Link is broken (500 Internal Server Error)!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

It varies a lot depending on the advertiser. Back in December we had one that was paying $2-$3 per click which is quite unusual and during that time we racked up a lot of that money. Right now we're only making about $0.50 a day (or possibly less as I've removed some of the Ads for now).

Even so, I'm not sure we can be too hopeful about the Flash emulator. A flash expert I was speaking to said that he didn't think I would find anyone who would do it for less than $1000. No harm in trying though.

edit: That link was working earlier, don't know why it isn't now. Presumably it'll be back later.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

What? $1000 for a Flash Emulator? This can't be true!

5. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

Haha! Qjimbo. It was seriously no problem. You don't need to thank. ;)

Also I never though we would reach 300$, but yeah.

6. Tarheeltim

Tarheeltim Active Member Member

I'm going to be honest I think the new skin is too cluttered, but I like site integration. Glad you got money.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
  7. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

300 dollars? Nice, that's a lot of money. Also, 1000 dollars? That is a lot of money. A LOT.

EDIT: Also, 500 posts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2009
  8. Yuzu

Yuzu WATCH OUT YOU'RE GONNA CRASH Member

I'm glad that I helped every now and again by clicking the links. It's nice to see things like this happen, looking forward to the Flash emulator if it happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.