General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggboyX0

eggboyX0 Newcomer Member

That background looks so cool keep up the good work. :p

2. Hitaxas

Hitaxas Retro 80's themed Paladins Twich streamer Member

Since I don't feel like posing another useless post in the hack's topic, I'll post this here:

Here's a photoshopped picture of how SSz art looks as of right now, art isn't actually in-game. =P

[​IMG]

Background still needs work, I know.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  3. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

I really like the art. It gives me a feeling of Sonic Advance or something like that. But you could make the water more blue.

Other than that I like the grass. It looks very solid. The look of the tiles seems to be perfect.

Really, keep up the great work with your art and your hack! ;)

4. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan Well-Known Member Member

This is a little hack that I'm making. I'm learning ASM, and this is what I've gotten so far:

I created a new move I call "Sonic Slide and Punch" Just let go of the arrow buttons and Sonic will slide down punching all in the way.

I added scripts for two of the unused boxes, so that they have an effect. (S gives you invincibility and speeds for a longer period of time than the normal power ups, and Eggman harms you)

I'm currently making a (not very good) port of Tails. Does anyone know how to edit animations? Can they be edited in SonMapEd?

I'm also going to be making some nice new level layouts, and possibly some new art.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  5. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Well, most of these things are tiny things. Not too hard. But your idea with the move "Sonic Slide and Punch"... it's a simple idea, but very funny though! :) Maybe you should add some more graphical thing, like new palettes. However, what is wrong with Sonic? He seems to be always on the foreground...

6. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

Sonic is always in the foreground. The problem is the height, sonic's height is decreased by 5 pixels. Other than that, nice feature. Why doesn't the S box play any music?

7. RandomAvatarFan

I know most of this is general and basic, but it's my first time with ASM, and frankly I think I'm doing pretty well. The Slide and Punch idea came from when I saw the sprite in SonMapEd and I knew I had to use it. It was originally going to work a different way, Sonic would be static as he punched, but I figured this would be an easier way, Sonic can keep moving as he punches and continue on his way.

Sonic isn't really in the foreground, it's a glitch with the activation of the punch, but I fixed it by moving Sonic's sprites up a few pixels.

I am currently porting Tails into the game, but his tiles and animation aren't finished, much less his palette. I was able to replace Sonic's first 5 sprites with Tails however, along with the signpost as shown in the video.

[​IMG]

I am having troubles editing the animation. I'm looking to get every single of Tail's sprites in, and have it all animated with him swishing his tail along, along with a flight ability.

8. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

You dont have to replace sonic's sprites with tails, there are animations and sprites in the sonic 2 disassembly.

Also, sonic is ALWAYS in the foreground. No matter what. Foreground is what you are editing in Soned 2 (in the layout editor) Background is the Plane B editor.

9. RandomAvatarFan

Selbi meant Sonic was beneath the floor a little which made him look like he was in front of the foreground, I know what was meant

(bangs head on desk) I'm not familiar with the set up of the s2disasm though....

Oh and why doesn't the S box play any music? Much less speed it up? Since I made it last pretty long, I decided hearing the same theme got boring, so I took it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  10. Hitaxas

[​IMG]

Updated art. Thanks to Master Emerald for his hard work, and general awesomeness.

11. RandomAvatarFan

As Suggested, I did some palette changes...I have also changed some voices. It's basic stuff, but I think I can really make something out of this.

Title screen

[​IMG]

Green Hill Zone

[​IMG]

And I also have some voice edits on Megaupload

I think this is Marble Zone

And here's Green Hill Zone

I think that's right...I might have them backwards, but you get it...

They're a WAV dump from GENS 2.12

I decided that Tails was a lost cause, so I abandoned it. I might pick it back up later on.

New Level art is coming soon, along with some more ASM modifcations

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
  12. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Aaaah stop saving screenshots as jpeg D:

I am chatting with qjimbo about this right now, there should be some screenshot guidelines pinned somewhere...

13. RandomAvatarFan

I couldn't find any guidelines, so I had assumed jpegs were fine, though now I know not to assume. Where file types are acceptable?

14. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

PNG FTW, or GIF if animated

15. Malevolence

Malevolence Well-Known Member Member

Here's a little something myself and two others have been working on for a little while. You'll see more in the future, it's not exactly finished but I thought it was nice.

[​IMG]

16. Hitaxas

Yeah, that looks pretty good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

17. Thundertimi

Thundertimi Well-Known Member Member

Thats the way, sonic retro should go.

Nice job!

18. Jimmy

Jimmy "GIVE HIM BREAD FIST!" Member

Decided to have a go at title screen editing:

[​IMG]

19. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Are you fucking shitting me? It's impossible to create such good Art! You just broke rule #9 "Don't post too good stuff". Ban Jimmy! *sarcasm*

In other words: THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
  20. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

The Sonic sprite is simply awesome. The "sawnik the hedgehawg" text looks like crap.

But this is just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.