Basic Questions and Answers Thread

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by Malevolence, Jul 7, 2009.

1. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Great, it works. Thank you ;)

2. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan Well-Known Member Member

So, I was placing objects in SonEd2. I had placed object 1C in GHZ, which was listed as "scenery" that was for GHZ (the bridge ties) The first time it showed up as a glob in game. The second time I tried placing the object, it was an invisible object that hurt sonic, but could be destroyed like a badnik. SonEd2 still says it's scenery.

Also, I placed a spring, and it doesn't Spring sonic. This Spring is 41,00,00 and the scenery I have is 1C,00,00 and 1C,00,04 (mirrored) I tried changing the second and third bits, but nothing changed.

3. Pokepunch

Pokepunch That guy who posts on occasion Member

Hi I was trying to give eggman different signpost art,but I needed non-symmetrical mappings (he has symmetrical mapping normally)So I made new mappings. (SonMapEd)But when I played it I got thisDoes anybody know whats wrong?

4. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

For the scenery, it has to be 1C,03,00/04 for the bridge ties.

No idea for the spring, maybe you can check all the param fields (in your case it should be unknown, red, unknown, up, unknown) , remember sprite state (should be 'no'), and draw dir (normal/normal).

5. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan Well-Known Member Member

Alright, the bridge ties work now, Thank you! But for the spring I still can't get it. I looked at it in a clean split, but it's the same. I got rid of mine and placed it back in and now it works. I don't know. Thank you though ;)

6. Pokepunch

Pokepunch That guy who posts on occasion Member

Dont worry fixed it.

7. nicogearX

nicogearX Newcomer Member

thanks, this will help a lot for what i want to do, i may upload it soon if things go well :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  8. nicogearX

nicogearX Newcomer Member

really strange......but the posts that were in the 7th page before disappeared and now there's no 7th page(until i posted this)!!!

9. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Lookie here.

10. Zero

Zero Active Member Member

This isn't the best question, but where can I find Piano voices for smps in asm?

I'm trying music hacking thanks to s1smps2asm and I want to find some piano voices....

11. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

There's a few sources.

> Make it yourself

> Rip it from an existing track

> SMPS/Voice Archive

12. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Ok.

I've tried to convert a XM module to SMPS with the "Xm4smps" program. Cannot test the music because the file has no voices!!!

For this i need port MANUALLY the voices? Not much English and do not understand some things he says the program

(sorry for no view this topic in much time. This is for bad conection to internet)

13. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Voice Manger -> Click "..." in the bottom right. You can load voices from any number of sources.

I'm moving this into the basic questions and answers thread, I've never even used XM4SMPS before and found this in less than 2 minutes after running it. Try a bit harder next time.

14. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

You can use voices from 68k/z80 games, perhaps like for example: music81 from s1 split, but if you want better voices then I'm not sure on that part. And if you can get xmp3smps/oerg then I think its a bit better because then you can preview the song before you convert it =P.

15. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Actually, Green Hill Zone (music81) has a really good bass voice in my opinion. You can't really get better than that. =P

xm3smps and xm3smps/oerg. Personally, I prefer using xm3smps or xm4smps. First because I find xm3smps really easy to use. And, the little preview feature in Oerg's version of xm3smps isn't really that good or accurate. Also I use different DAC samples than the original Sonic 1 so the results sound a bit strange. lol

And xm4smps, because it also converts the song into an ASM file. So, it's easier to edit the song. Also if you use mid2xm, your going to have to use xm4smps if you want any DAC in your port. =P

Anyway HCKTROX, PM me and I'll give you some voices. Or better yet, just go to Oerg's SMPS Voice website or SMPS Archive. :)

16. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Actually I wouldn't mind you throwing some voices my way, if thats all right with you?.

17. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

18. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Quick question, how would I make the signpost load at a different place in Sonic 2? I've made a new level, and got a place to where I want the act to end, though the post flings me to the end. Is there some place I need to make a location for?

19. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Well I know that in sonic 1 the screen locks itself to the end of the layout's position, so shorterning your layout so that the end is where the signpost physically is would fix that. However if you want the layout size to remain the same, then you'll have to do some assembly routine searching & find out what to change =)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
  20. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

A few days back I gave the same help to someone else, so this should do it: There is a routine called WrdArr_LvlSize. The comments should make it pretty obvious where to change what. Anyway, you can use debug mode (NOT SonED2) to find out the finish camera position (second row in debug's information).