tails error in sonic 1

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by liamsonichacker, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liamsonichacker

liamsonichacker Mad Level Skillz ;) Member

I used the tutorial on how to add another character into sonic 1 and a got these results!

[​IMG]

wired!?

[​IMG]

What the hell!?

can anyone help me please??

2. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The tutorial just tells you how to add the function to change the character on on the title screen. It's not telling you how to add the art. I'm sure, you thought "Oh hey, I could just copy-paste the Tails art from Sonic 2 and I'm done!". But that's not the fact. If you want to learn how to import art, you should START OFF with this (porting a whole character is harder than it seems): LINK 1 LINK 2

3. liamsonichacker

i still dont get it lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  4. Armada

Armada DID SOMEONE SAY WEEABOO? Member

You'll also want to add a new palette for Tails and load it as well, if you haven't.

5. fantasticfish

fantasticfish The Fantastic Fish Member

The problem is, among other things, that tails has mappings for flying and spindashing, which are probably not directly supported. I'm not sure about this part, but I think that the Sonic 2 tails has a completely different set of mappings, so without a proper mappings port, you'd probably have to work with SonMapED, like Selbi said.

6. liamsonichacker

i have got the pallet and mappings and stuff, but i still get this, i am thinking of removing tails because this is annoying me ALOT

7. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Open tails's art, mappings, dplc in sonMapED, then go to settings, game format, sonic 1 and then resave you art, mappings and plc.

8. liamsonichacker

I did all that and it still dodgy, but it's ok because one of my friends is doing it for me :p

9. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

This is becuase the mappings aren't in the same order as Sonic 2. Plus mentioned above, spindash and etc is not compatable in Sonic 1.

The best way to do it is to open up a Sonic1 and your Sonic1 hack ROM in SonMapEd. the real ROM is now a guide.

In your hack using SonMapEd, construct yourslef Tails. Using the real ROM as a guide, you know how to position it, what goes first, etc etc. This takes time, but it's easier in the long run.

10. Rydia3667

Rydia3667 Guest

I ported tails to sonic 1 with no trouble. I have a fully functional tails. Look at the guide and the code reference to see if a letter, number etc is out of place or miss type. If that doesn't help. Then I will make a video just for you. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.