General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

My custom special stage, now with moar homemade stuff (notice the R and W block):

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Enjoy. =P

2. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Wow! looks fun & challenging!! [​IMG]

3. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Needs more rotation. Otherwise, pretty good.

4. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

^ This.

5. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Wait a minute! Now I know what you were trying to do with the palette. You trying to make it look like the Wacky Workbench Zone from Sonic CD huh? Since you named your level the Wacky Factory Zone... Right? XD

Don't get me wrong the palettes suck. lol

But your better of porting the art. Because the WWB palettes on the MZ level... Not a good mix. =P

This looks pretty cool actually. But, there's a lot of GOALS in the first Special Stage level. This level should be the last one. But other than that, this is a pretty sweet idea you got going there. Nice one Selbi! :(

6. Thorn

Thorn wroar Member

[​IMG]

Hard to see the little details, and running a bit too slowly, but you get the jist of it. Still a bit buggy... it moves left and right just fine, but it occasionally doesn't like to be grabbed from the ground while heading left, while this isn't a problem going right even if I put it just above the ground.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
  7. theocas

theocas #! Member

Aren't the W and R blocks sprites in the ROM? There is quite a slowdown from all the objects on screen. BTW, do the goal things do anything?

8. Selbi

@Thorn: Nice tiny thing you got there. Is this made from scratch or ported from S3's Launch Base Zone?

Why shouldn't they be? I just modified the way they work and added something to the unused W block.

I know, I would be forced to remove several blocks to fix this, but I really don't see a problem in there, so I doubt I will look into this anytime soon.

Uhm, yeah? They make you fail the stage, just like in the original.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
  9. theocas

theocas #! Member

IT just looked kinda weird in the video when you touched them but didn't fail. I do like your use of the R and the W blocks, though. Your hack looks pretty nice so far!

10. Selbi

That's because you can only fail if you touch a Goal block while you are in air. I didn't make that, it has also been in the original game, but because you are most time in air, you won't be able to see that pretty well.

11. Starfruity

Starfruity Newcomer Trialist

Are you going to make the goal blocks end the stage when your on the ground? Because it looks kinda weird. :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
  12. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Most likely. Oh and welcome.

13. Selbi

I'm not sure yet. I know, it looks weird, but it's also making the stage a lot easier. Making Goal blocks failing the stage when you are on the ground as well, would make the stage much harder than it already is. =P

14. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Ah, there's something I forgot to say before. Your Hill Top Zone with the effect is decently cool and funny. But, This could be better if you give to this level a volcanic aspect. Like a orange-coloured palette and a lava instead of the clouds in the background could turn it into something fantastic... So, this is my suggestion for this stuff. ;D

15. Guest

I actually kind of like the idea that you tried to add effects to the lava to make it seem like there is hot air around it. aside that, some update pics of what I have done in my spare time

[​IMG]

new title screen art for sonic as well as waterfalls added

[​IMG]

new MZ art (also changing the name to)

also by any chance did you use the water effect code to make that air effect of your's?

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  16. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

Is that marble zone going to be castle themed? Since you know, the art and the stars, and the fact that there's a giant pool in a middle of nowhere.

17. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

A pool in a middle of nowhere? That sounds like a ocean for me. The only thing that doesn't fits there is thatmount of grass before the water and the glass-based bricks. The rest is OK.

18. theocas

theocas #! Member

Let's say I had the water code in place already and just made a second array and a second function with different data for lava? Then, yes :) If you want, I could post the source.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  19. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

I was thinking of completely new HUD in Sonic 1, because original one seemed too big to me and has old design from 90s.

... and that's what I've finally got:

[​IMG]

The idea of the HUD is taken from 3D sonic games: Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes.

New HUD takes 6 sprites instead of 10. Timer now counts milliseconds, time limit is 100 minutes instead of 10.

This new HUD made me replay the whole my hack for about 10 times. =P

Is it really beautiful?

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
  20. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

Add the sonic 1 bonus panel to the score counter, and some clock into the time counter. Does the ring in the HUD spin everytime you collect one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.