Hacktube plugin beta test.

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Qjimbo, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Here is my first release of my KEGA Fusion 3.63 based Hacktube "Plugin". It's not really a proper plugin, however it should work with every browser.

>> Download Here <<

After installing, simply go to play a ROM on the hacktube page as you would normally. In Firefox, it will pop up a dialog box asking which application to launch. Just click ok to this.

After a few moments the control panel window will appear, and it will begin to download the ROM, or ISO. After it has completed click Launch Emulator. All roms are stored in C:\rom-downloads (this will be customizable in future releases, you also need to create this folder, this will be fixed in the next release)

It's a hacky solution, but give it a go. I hope in future to make a better system but this will do for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  2. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

I... okay, come on. You may as well just download the ROM! This doesn't help at all.

3. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

I'm gonna agree with this. It doesn't even fucking work (Windows 7 user here)! I downloaded a rom, it said that it was launching the plugin, it hasn't. I have no download.

Now, I could download this rom from another website, decompress it and launch seconds after doing it. This defeats the purpose of playing a game online, instead it's complicated medical surgery.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2010
  4. Qjimbo

Well right now it's the best I've got. I don't know java, or flash, I've tried to learn but found the learning curve both steep and irritating. So it'll have to do until something else comes along. I'm a web developer not a programmer :D

5. voice

voice Well-Known Member Member

I could only see SOTI's issue being a problem if Windows 7 was widely used enough, iirc the last I heard it was at 12 or 10%, theres also Windows Application Compatibility?

Anyways, I don't see a need to try it as I don't play hacks, too busy rocking out Oregon Trail, but I will say this, bringing up OS compatibility I would think it'd be better to have it uses Gens just from the stand point of it being a cross-platform emulator. Makes more sense to me at least. Perhaps you could try to make it so when someone downloads the plugin it checks the user's OS and downloads the appropriate emu?

6. Thorn

Thorn wroar Member

That's like saying one in every nine or ten people can't use it. :) Also, I'm on 7 and I've tried three different browsers, and both XP compatibility settings and administrator privileges failed to make it work.

Can somebody who can make it work tell me if SRAM support is implemented? I deleted my hack a while ago, and it's somehow reappeared on HackTube. If SRAM support is still not included, then I'll probably delete it again. You'll be able to tell if it's not: every emerald will appear collected, but you'll have a total emerald count of zero and consequently be stuck in the first zone. The easiest one to get is the first one shown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVU8UIGlgyQ.

7. Qjimbo

Yes SRAM works now, since it's just a glorified KEGA Fusion launcher. Can you tell me what part it fails at? It seems that perhaps the API I'm using to read the screen isn't compatible with Windows 7 from what I heard from SOTI.

8. Thorn

Thorn wroar Member

Well, I get as far as the little balloon appearing on the taskbar and telling me "Please wait... launching plugin", followed by, well, nothing. At this point I go into Task Manager and close the process. I've tried this in IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and all three pop up with a notification saying "oh hey, we're going to run this program now, k?", so it's not a browser problem.

9. Qjimbo

Yeah. Well I'll look into it tonight and see whether I can solve this issue. Thanks for the information.

10. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Well, I noticed that the same happens here. Also, thanks QJimbo. I like the idea since being easier to download the file instead of download a plugin just for launch a emulator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.