Help with loops

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by -, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

I know some of you noticed that there are no loops added to the first level in my hack. well I added them but every time I try to go through them, this always happen

[​IMG]

can anybody help me out on how to fix this problem?

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Wow, and I thought I was harsh =% This board is becoming infested with members who are turning into very strict and harsh admins all of a sudden, even I'll admit to being an arse on some threads =(

On topic:

Basically SonED 2 features a function which allows you to set loop chunks correctly, in the layout, once you've placed the first loop chunk in the layout, move your mouse over that chunk, and tap the space bar, this will increase it's value by 80, and the loop will be working.

As for Sonic 2 games, there are objects which support swaping the path the character is on, known as path swappers, but my knowledge on this is still limited.

For other threads based on loops which might help you, see below:

http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1784

http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1256

http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1055

http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=272

Good luck!

3. Guest

beside's selbi's on going rage, thanks for the help it worked when I tested it. I looked in the documents that came with it but I never noticed it until now.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  4. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

In this topic, the members who truly are complete dickheads expose themselves. Nice going guys, great to see the level of maturity here hasn't changed at all for the duration of time I've been away. People like you make me glad I don't bother with the community anymore. Rather than just help people, you have to take the high and mighty approach and put them down just because they overlooked something. As it happens, I didn't know that about S1 loops either, as I've never had to work with them, so why not take a shot at me as well for it. Dicks.

5. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire Well-Known Member Member

To be fair, I never noticed that myself. I simply copied an existing loop's chunk (including properties) before pasting it elsewhere...

@CM294: As explained, just tap the spacebar after placing the loop tile. That oughta set it right.

Now, I'm going to do some proper administration here... which is awesome, because I rarely get the chance to. As such, I have deleted approximately half of the posts in this topic, and I would like to broadcast Rule 01:

The flaming I saw indicated to me that it was merely for the sake of flaming.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  6. iojnekns

iojnekns OBAMA '012!!!!1!!!!!&#33 Member

Are you guys kidding? Sure, Selbi went a little over the top but the point that he and the other 3 people who chimed in made was 100% valid, as far as I'm concerned. In the time I have been reading, this board has been consistently plagued by people who quite simply have no critical faculty - when faced with any problem-solving exercise they post a topic on this board and wait for a member to tell them what to do. This is now how good members developed.

I've never worked with Sonic 1 either Stephen, so when this question was raised, I ran a google search. Instantly, I was redirected to the copy of the SonED2 manual which is present on the Sonic Retro wiki. Why should the OP have someone else run a basic google search for him? It would take him literally 15 seconds to do - instead another member does it for him, and he remains ignorant of the SonED2 documentation. Next time he runs into a problem, instead of checking the wiki (because it helped him last time,) he'll come and ask the members here, who are quite literally reading for him.

I appreciate the sentiment - there is no need to be a twat and start ranting and raving, I'm not arguing that for a second. Manners don't cost a thing. But seriously, the OP can scarcely be bothered to check his spelling and grammar, let alone attempt to research and find an answer to his question himself. If he had had even the scarcest ghost of an attempt to look he would have found this information. I mean, it's the first place you should look, the bloody manual.

On top of all that, these members who's posts are now hanging out in the trash are not acting in a vaccuum. They have been conditioned to respond this way, because this is the way the administration responds to stupid questions and posts. Despite the tone they were delivered in, every single one actually answered the question (which is more than I would have done, I'll tell you that) - they directly told him where he could (and should) have found the answer and then redundantly explained it anyway. He recieved a flurry of responses telling him what to do, and where to look in the future! They, (who I would actually consider model members, the sort of members you really should be encouraging to keep contributing on SSRG, not dumping in the bin) are being admonished for doing what is essentially the right thing, while this lazy SOB is being defended for being a slow-witted moron.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
  7. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Yeah, it's in the manual. The first place you should look. Not to mention this has been answered too many times. So if he was lazy to look in the manual the least he could have done is search for it.

8. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire Well-Known Member Member

You've gone over my head on this, but I'm standing my ground. While yes, the posts did answer the question, they were delivered in such a way that is potentially damaging. I am also not defending the OP entirely, I am just mediating and filtering out the shit, because as far as I'm concerned, going on a full flame-rant at someone when a simple "it's in the documentation. Giving that a read will help you greatly" will suffice.

Yes, the OP should have read the documentation first. Or maybe he did and somehow missed the all-important part. Who knows? We all started out in much the same vein anyway. When I started, I was actually worse, but I didn't receive the shitfest that this guy's getting. Constructive criticism... it helped me. It seems a majority of the community no longer understands the meaning.

Also, I would appreciate if you conferred to me in private before overruling an administrative decision.

9. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Basically this.

There's a way to go about things without being a complete prick, and the people who ranted at him by being abusive were just doing it for the sake of an ego trip, not because he didn't look in the documentation. It's basically just an elitist standpoint which is becoming all to common and is completely unnecessary. Yeah, so he could have found it in the documentation, but what harm did he really do by asking? Someone replied, the problem was solved, and it's there for someone else to run a search for, should they ever have the problem themselves. Judging by the argument you're giving, you're saying that anything that is documented in any way should not be asked as a question. That's basically discouraging people from asking for help, leading them to go to other places for help, such as Sonic Retro. As a result, you have then lost a member who could have gone on to have some potential, and all because a couple of members think they are something special enough to put another learner down, although I seem to remember them being equally retarded when they started out, just like a lot of us were. That is why I referred to them as dicks, and I still stand by that comment. If they didn't wanna help, like you said, they should have just not posted. Posting abuse achieves nothing except giving this place a bad reputation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.