Sonic ERaZor – Fulfilled Edition

Discussion in 'Staff Projects' started by Selbi, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

This is the coolest thing I've seen in Sonic Hacking for a while. The concept is so simple, yet totally genius! Good luck with this hack, and may you go far with it. Very far. *shakes hand*

2. Kensou

Kensou Well-Known Member Member

I liked at first Selbi, but the stage is too much extensive and it gets boring soon.

3. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

You can by simply pressing Start.

Right now I don't have any plans on a third one, so yes, it's the last one, which also explains the length.

I created the stage I obviously don't have much trouble beating it (which, from the looks of the video, you can clearly see). I doubt that other people will be able to do it just like that though, meaning I don't quite get what's so boring about it.

4. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

I don't think that's a wise idea to go with. I mean what about pausing the game? Maybe Start+B or something would be more logical instead of somebody thinking they can pause the game normally but then lose out on the progress they made through the stage. Just a thought.

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

I have to agree with SSGD on the start button issue, but other than that this is probably the best SS edit i've ever seen! :D Though it's gonna be a b*tch to get both of the emeralds. xP

6. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

You need to make a way for make Sonic lose his life over these two special stages. Infinite returns would make them too easy.

7. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

For those questioning the difficulty -- this is insanely difficult first time. It isn't at all easy, despite Selbi's vid, trust me.

8. Tongara

Tongara Well-Known Member Exiled

Still the best hack I've seen in a very long time. :wub:

9. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

The special stage reminds me of VVVVVV, which is ironic since I've had an idea of a hack in that vein, focusing on platforming and avoiding excessive obstacles.

10. Selbi

Actually, this stage was inspired by a game called HitBlock, but I get your point (gotta love that Veni, Vidi, Vici achievement...).

11. TheSuperRotom

TheSuperRotom Newcomer Trialist

Now I LOVED this hack. I played it all the way from start to end, and enjoyed it all (well mostly) . I was wondering at the end "What the fuck, Sonic dies?" (Not to spoil it to those who haven't played it or finished it). Then I was laughing a lot. :lol: Gameplay I felt was something new every level. One last thing I have to comment on is lengh. I felt this hack was very short, and (or make a sequel) should've expanded much more than it did.

Edit: I forgot to meantion that I was thinking "What the fuck" like I was supposed to

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2012
  12. Selbi

13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

June 2012.... That's today! Gimmee! =P

Will you be entering this for the contest? If so, there will be some tough competition...

14. Selbi

I planned to release this update tomorrow on June 11. The reason for that is quite reasonable: On June 11 2011 I released Version 3 of Sonic ERaZor and this would've been the perfect anniversary. Well, shame on me, this is not going to happen at all because I still have a lot to do.

But there is one thing I can give you nonetheless:

[​IMG]

15. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

These 24 hours are are looking too long >.<

I can't wait to play the next Erazor. Selbi, you're always making fabulous stuff. I can't wait to see what you've prepared for your hack's Star Light Zone. This waiting time is making me really anxious!

16. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

The suspense is too great, there should be at least a screen shot reel of each zone.

17. Selbi

[​IMG]

I would like to thank vladikcomper, whose great help made this feature possible!

18. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

Still can't wait for this, It's hacks like these that keep the community running. I look up to all of you.

19. Selbi

Okay, it's the last day of June, and I'm far away from even thinking about a release.

Here's th deal: When I made the announcement, I didn't know about all the things that were going to happen in this month. For example, I was at least one week away because of a class trip and busy for at least another week due to this year's Schützenfest of my local town (I was main supervisor for the children). That and various other interruptions.

So, I didn't get as much time as I hoped I would, not to mention that I have been showered with non-recreateable bugs in the last few weeks. The release date will be pushed out, for now until July 2012, and I really hope I really have time to get everything done in time.

Sorry for the concern, people.

20. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Know the feeling man, you'll get it done when its time :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.