General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Oh, I never meant they were final, I only wanted to know if they're easy enough to recognize. I'll add more volume to the boar later.

2. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

[​IMG]

I feel as though I've splashed out way too much on the purple, but while playing through the level I begin to like the way that it is, so I need a second opinion from you guys; stick with it or flick through the swatches some more?

3. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Wow! THAT made my day! You rock. The only thing is that maybe you should make the foreground lighter, so that It's easier to distinguish the foreground from the background. *High Fives*

4. SpirituInsanum

(nooooo jpg! aaaaargggh)

I think I would use a slightly lighter palette... Pic, since it's easier to understand than explanations:

[​IMG]

So, I'd say brighter/less saturated purple, and lighten the two darker purples with red with a cycling palette synchronized with the red lights.

Or something like that.

edit: haha it's too fast once in a browser xD

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  5. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Too much contrast between the forground and the background. Make the FG lighter and that should do it.

6. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

"make the FG lighter"

"too much contrast"

Do you people have any sense at all? Purple and purple don't contrast. This is common sense!

Play with colours a little more. Don't take the above advice since it will not work. I'd recommend changing the background to have a little green or orange, since that's as contrasting as you're going to get.

7. SSGD

[​IMG]

I think I've got it right now. (PNG image formated just for Spiritulnsanum) =P

EDIT: (Further writing as DalekSam posted around same time as I posted this) While I get that purple and purple don't contrast, I was looking for a different variation of purple shades to work instead with the use of gray to break away from the FG and BG. The colour choices you've suggested don't really go (I tried them beforehand) as green seems too dull while orange sort of works, but is too bright in this instance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  8. Zana

Zana In Bun We Trust Exiled

I really like it, but you should make the Background having a different pallete, i suggest you a desaturated version of the same purple colors, so, you can clearly see which is foreground and what background. or use a darker, blueish pallete... but overall is great

9. Guest

@SSGD: Woah this looks awesome! I like the bg you made here long the pallet applied to it as well. kind of reminds me of MMZ from SCD, looking foward to seeing more. as for me and my artsy self, a bit of an update of my bg from before:

[​IMG]

Also a video preview will be up soon to as well.

10. TheJeli

TheJeli Umm... Member

I'm liking this, but a problem I have noticed is that when the wall in the far background is above the grass it looks like it is floating because the gaps in-between the grass are using the mountain colour. Fix to help explain: [​IMG]

11. Zana

Zana In Bun We Trust Exiled

Looks incredible. Reminds me of what can happen mixing SHZ with GHZ, only thing is that you need to mix that thing noted earlier, but , it is awesome

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Psst, were you good last year SSRG? If so, then good old Mr.Jester might have a suprise for you this year:

[​IMG]

...Maybe ;)

13. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

Fantastic idea for a game, haha, catch the animals!!! As always, MarkeyJester is innovating.

14. SSGD

Actually they're tiles from Quartz Quadrant Zone Good Future, though a close guess. Thanks for liking. (other people too!)

It's great! Just feel off-putted by the trees as I think I should only the the tops of them and not spaced out individually.

I see a promising fun little hack. I await to see what else can come from this.

15. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

xD I can't wait to play your new hack MJ. Gotta catch 'em all! :V

16. SpirituInsanum

Not final yet, but this is something like the 10th version and I think it's beginning to look good, so screenshot.

[​IMG]

17. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

So i'm also working on a Sonic 1 16-bit hack along side my Sonic 2 8-bit hack. All I did so far was edit Marble Zone's boss, so yeah nothing new yet. I'm just getting a feel for hacking the 16-bit games again, since it's been a while. (And surprisingly, 68k asm seems much more simpler now than in the past... :V) But here's a video of my boss edit, nothing too big at all. I only changed Robotnik's velocity so he strikes at Sonic, and slowed down the flames when they collide with the level's tiles.

18. GT Koopa

GT Koopa Well-Known Member Member

So, how in the world are you supposed to do a no ring run on that?

I know you are pretty much screwing around though.

19. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

Amazing stuff. It looks great, very good job!

20. MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf Unofficial Official Hack Showcaser Member

Jester I swear to god if you make me make another video on one of your hacks people are going to think I have a thing for you.

Well just know I DON'T (I have a thing for your hacks instead)

and the progress looks amazing Spiritulnsanum.

Makes me wish I could find the time to work on my thing again. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.