General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

well this certainly looks nice. does she follow you around until a certain point like in the original SCD?

2. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

Hmm... having Sonic and Amy go on an adventure together? or is it some if'y Sonic CD feature?

3. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Its a reference to Amy following Sonic in Palmtree Panic Zone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

That's very good there, you're doing a wonderful job at working with objects, will you have hearts spawning?

5. Animemaster

Maybe, It was intended to be really simple. However we'll see how I feel when I get to finishing it up. Too be fair, most of what I did do with objects was there, well some of it, the rest I coded myself but yeah they were there so I just manipulated the code and what not to shape what you see here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  6. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

Cool it's great to see Amy make a cameo in your hack. :) I'm guessing she chases Sonic until he makes it to the signpost just like in Sonic CD? ^_^

7. Animemaster

Thats the plan anyways, I may, this is a BIG may, even let her get caught by MetalSonic in one of the acts but don't bet on it. Glad you guys are liking it so far.

8. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Since people are lost when they don't see art with new palettes, I waited until those were implemented. :p

[​IMG]

Which may not have been necessary for this one since there's almost nothing but the original background on it, haha. But there are UFOs as well! They're replacing the vanishing hyper-dimensional platforms and move in place, stay there for a second or two and leave. Great effect in game and animated... maybe not on a still screenshot haha.

Now the next two, please note I might swap the blue and red for the light and dark palette (so the cold would be dark, and the brighter one would be in warmer tones). I'm still undecided, but I like this cold light.

Anyway, the light is broken and flickering in the level, which is funny as hell, since you wanted palettes: you have two for a single level haha.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Due to technical limitations, the live in the hud will stay bright, which is hardly noticeable while playing. Sonic, the cycling lights and a few other light emitting things are unaffected as well. But the conveyor belts are, it would look weird otherwise.

And still tons of things to do for this level...

9. Mike B Berry

I've seen many edits. Your's is by far more in sinc with pallet variation than any other hack I've seen in a long time.

10. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

That is looking better and better, nice job and nice effects! You are bringing back to life the scrap brain world :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
  11. Mike B Berry

How far you in this hack?

12. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

The thing that amuses me about these images is how they could be viewed as a Sonic 1 CD rendition. The first being the present, Seconde being good future, and the last being bad future. =P

I do enjoy these updates though as you have a great tallent for touching up the original stages and throwing a whole ton of detail into them. The rusted, bent look of the metal platforms really do stand out greatly.

13. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

Wow that is some high quality art I too like the cooler color lights the best.

14. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

I'd say that morning star looks a little, greasy? I dunno.

15. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Looks great, though I'm not keen on most of the HUD itself getting changed between areas. I personally think it should be consistent all across the game, something the original games did well (Sonic 3 fudged it up in areas but it wasn't that noticable) but here it seems to have changed between acts as well as during the light section. Otherwise, very pretty! A lot better than what you showed previously.

16. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

@MBB: Not far enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel. :/

@Dandaman: Well, I don't think greasy would be a bad thing considering its environment, but it was meant to look chromed or something like that. xD Well, it's just something I did in 5 minutes, before the screenshot, I may still make some changes. Hardly anything can ever be considered final.

@DalekSam: I'm still unsure as well. I can easily make it stay bright without affecting everything else, but I find it distracting (in s3 as well btw, I thought it was too bright for the level).

Btw, I managed to fix the life, so it now becomes dark as well, which was the main apprehension I had about it.

[​IMG]

17. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

I think it is GOOD that the hud is affected by brightness not bad because it makes sense a dark area means a dark HUD and life icon and the same is for sonic nothing is more annoying to be in a very dark stage and see that sonic is still normal brightness.

18. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

My point is that the HUD is not part of the world - it doesn't make sense for it to be affected. Additionally, as I said before, consistency is important for something like a HUD. I would much rather have something that looks consistent throughout than something once that doesn't make any sense at all.

19. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

You know what, I love what I see there! It reminds me of a long, long abadoned Scrap Brain Zone (which I'm sure you were going for). The art and the palette changing goes so well with the mood! Can't wait to play a ROM. =)

I'm sure you will get a trophy or two at the Hacking Contest. :V

20. Animemaster

I am liking the art I'm seeing here, SonicVaan hit the nail on the head of like an abandoned mechanical base. That being said I also agree with DalekSam about the hud, I consider it like Sonic, it might as well not be affected, heck Sonic would more than likely be affected as it would be harder to see him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.