The hack of shame

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by AURORA☆FIELDS, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

No it feels like cutting erazor and megamix into four pieces then taking one piece from each game and then duck taping them together after that put it in the toilet and then take a shit on it then after that flush it down the toilet and then (somehow) retrieve it from the sewer plant and see what you got:

1/4megamix+1/4 Erazor and other stolen content and 1/2 is shit and other stuff that "came" with it when you retrieved the creation from the waste water treatment center and because of it's long journey from the pipes to the waste water treatment plant it is all broken up which represents all the glitches there are in this game.

2. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

The only thing I liked about this hack is that you could hover in the air after jumping and holding the up button.

3. FinkMac

FinkMac Swëdish Chef Member

Walk down the street. You will see a car. Tell the
    Well, I guess that explains the name...

4. hebereke

hebereke opa opa! Member

The colors get to be quite ugly; there are garbled tiles and graphical glitches. The controls feel like an absolute mess and are really quite confusing. Also, what happened to the DAC in all the music? Additionally, the bad ending says "TRY AGAING". This game feels like an unfinished half-assed copy of Sonic Megamix after having a brick dropped on it, then poorly glued back together.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  5. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

I like how once you complete a bonus stage your warped back to the begining of a zone only to be killed off instantly because the position of Sonic is offscreen.

But by far the best feature in this game is once you turn it on, you can knock it back off right away.

6. SeanieB

SeanieB Dude! Root Admin

blindplay!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  7. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Well I'm glad you did this, that way I didn't have to waste my time with this utter rubish. I won't be playing this hack,EVER!.

8. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Ah, ok. Title card art stolen from Megamix, ridiculous level layouts, too much start screens with very poor art, palette stolen from Sonic 1 Harder Levels v5/v6, Megamix's (or OuriçoDoido's) homing attack, weird level warps which looks completely unconfigured. Yeah, my dear friend Animemaster... I was thinking that I was the only one wasting time by play this utter shit.

Those same stolen things again... This same poor method of hacking Sonic... I can't believe that, 2012 years after Christ, with those THOUSANDS of guides and hacking tools we have (it to don't say about very experienced people which would help making acceptable stuff), it still exists people which don't know to make hacks following the correct way to the creativity. What a waste.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  9. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

It is worth noting that the SonicASM site that he advertised were not impressed with his hack either and have practically shown him the door.

Anyway, if this hack was to win a trophy...

10. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    You can play tails?

11. RetroX

RetroX Active Member Member

Hello SSRG, I'm the admin from the Sonic ASM site.

If you have heard about the Green Snake Hack, I have taken notice of it and nulled his account. If you see any stolen content on my site, please let me know. I already notified SOTI about this and he said that they took care of it here. I made my site upon the few remaining users of a forum called ASMtosegagenesis. It was heavily criticized because of poor moderation and stolen content. The honest users from there came to my site for a new start.

12. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

could you check your youtube message box.

And rest of you, kind of thanks. I see the point now lot better.

13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Can you do more videos? That was pretty funny =P

14. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Well this is a new one. A hack so badly made that it got pinned? Mindfuck... but in all seriousness, Bad enough that i seen your videos on youtube of this atrocity here but actually taking it over to here like someone is going to go "OMG this hack is awesome", not necessarily the case, especially knowing now that it contains stolen content. well from what iv'e seen what ordos said, I don't know what else to say. My only question is how in the hell did you get hold of these sources?

@SeanieB: By the way that video is hilarious

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  15. FinkMac

FinkMac Swëdish Chef Member

Walk down the street. You will see a car. Tell the
    I don't usually watch 16 minute videos, But this one pulled me in...

16. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Okay, so today I came back from a 5-day class trip and saw this topic, which instantly grabbed my attention, so I couldn't resist downloading. I wish I hadn't.

To keep simple what I'm about to explain in detail: This hack feels like a personal insult to me.

Like some insane fan tried to grab together every little idea he can get, put it into a blender, and create this abomination of a Sonic hack. I don't want to sound like an "ORIGINALIDEADONTSTEAL" guy, but seriously, if the idea of having concepts of my game all over your 'game', I won't see it as a sign of respect, but rather as the virtual replica of an immobile fat kid with no limbs and down syndrome puking guts and blood all over me with. I have no problems with anybody recreating my concepts, as long as the result can be considered a game. But what you delivered actually has a chance to beat Trox and Hardon from the once to be believed undefeated legends of the ultimate Hall of Shame.

Apart from my personal stuff, and please let's be honest, which aspects of this hacks are not made up with stolen content? Let me tell you: The inability to properly port music, draw anything half ways reasonable, level layout, and even the motherfucking text sequences. I couldn't find a single second in this game which gives the player the feeling that this game isn't ultimately broken (except for the fadeout to black sequences, which felt more like a small relieve than a nuisance). You would not believe how disappointed I am with the world right now.

I will go to Ordos and personally reserve the rights to kick your fucking existence out of this place and hope to never be in the same place again. Give up Sonic hacking. Please. Do it not only because you would only be wasting your time, but most importantly for the people which would have to suffer from more of your impositions of a blue hedgehog thrown into what could be compared with what Christians believe to be hell.

17. SeanieB

SeanieB Dude! Root Admin

"More glitches than you can shake a Super Nintendo at"

18. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

HA ha ha, I hope MegaG plays this game. Its so bad its funny!.

19. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Having played the game (I want those 5 mins of my life back), I don't think he actually stole your ideas. I think he's just blatantly used a stolen copy of your source code and just tried to build a hack on top of it. There's way too much there that is directly from your hack, and there's no way that someone could just port it into their hack without some kind of decent asm knowledge, which I can say with 99.99% certainty this guy has not got.

20. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Poor MegaGWolf. I'll feel for him if he'd makes a showcase of this trash. =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.