Midi Event Editor

Discussion in 'Utilities Archive' started by nineko, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

In the past days I've been writing a Midi Event Editor.

To follow OrdosAlpha's instructions, the details are below.

Tool Name: Midi Event Editor (or MidiEĀ² for short)

Build: 0.3

Author(s): nineko. I add a special thanks for ValleyBell, as he gave me some tips.

Description: this is a low-level Midi editor. Don't expect a piano roll or fancy things like that. On the contrary, you'll be given the chance to edit some parameters which are usually hidden in most high-level sequencers, and you can also perform some maintenance edits (such as altering the Time Division or changing the Midi format between 0 and 1). It can also help to make Midi files more importable for Mod Plug Tracker, and its output optimiser will usually (but not always) make Midi files smaller even by just opening and saving them back (many sequencers don't bother to optimise the output, but some do).

Download: HERE (sorry, Spanner, but I couldn't figure out how to get the Repository thing to work). The txt files must be extracted in the same folder of the exe, and they can be edited if you want to customise certain things (instrument names, controller names, ...), I designed this to use external files to make it as flexible and customisable as possible. I might try to split even more things from the main program eventually, but that's unlikely.

Have a screenshot, too:

[​IMG]

Comments and suggestions are welcome, as I might add new features at any time. The source code won't be released for now, but I will think about this possibility at a later time (I am probably going to privately send the source code to ValleyBell first, so he can give this some final touches).

edit: restored download link, thanks to Digilander for breaking it -.-

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  2. nineko

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to warn everyone that version 0.1 had a couple of major bugs, so I just uploaded version 0.1.1 which fixes them. I also added a couple of new features.

3. nineko

Triple post, but please note the release of version 0.2 in the first post. It fixes even more bugs, and I added several new features. Check it out :)

edit: released version 0.2.1, which fixes a bug.

edit: released version 0.3, which adds some new features.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  4. nineko

I'm sorry for this incredible bump, but after literally one year and a half I decided to work on this editor again for no real reason, and... I'm seriously tempted to add a major new feature:

Youtube Link | Download .mkv video

Yes, the two buttons will be moved somewhere else, this is just a test build, I'm not even doing things right somewhere else :p

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  5. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

aha, oh my god, this is amazing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.