General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GT Koopa

GT Koopa Well-Known Member Member

That is the plan, yes.

Instead of having the code look it up and load it outside the current tiles like Sonic or other animated art, I figured I could have the frames all ready to go in the currently loaded art, and in my theory not cause the framerate to slow down. The B option will have it as well. A is what I already tried, but I wanted a wider space to run on, as well as have it collision friendly.

2. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Bored so Im going to show you the new palettes for EHZ in my hack, made by Mike B. Berry

[​IMG]

and
    [​IMG]

Edit:Got it fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  3. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

You can't post direct links to files hosted on Mediafire (this isn't something SSRG decided, this is because Mediafire wants people to click on ads and whatnot). Hence, you can't use IMG tags with them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  4. JoenickROS

What picture sharing website can be used with SSRG?

5. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Imageshack. That's where I upload all my pictures to.

6. JoenickROS

Imageshack. That's where I upload all my pictures to.

hmm alright thanks

7. ThomasThePencil

8. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Ok guys I haven't posted screenshots or posted in general for a little while, but now I need your opinions on a concept idea. Basically I want Sonic to fall into the level which I've already done, however how he gets there is what I'm not sure of. So here's my two ideas, one: Sonic stops his title animation when you press start/A/B/C etc and he goes back under the title screen and jumps out of it like this:

[​IMG]

Think of it like Sonic Generations, when you load your save file, Classic/Modern Sonic will stop there animation and jump out of the title screen entering the white space hub world. Or have a fall blown intro scene where It leads to Sonic being launched to little planet like Sonic CD and that's how it ends to him falling here.

[​IMG]

Which would you like to see? a simple yet neat little idea, or a more in depth idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  9. ThomasThePencil

I like the idea. It definitely seems legit, and you seem to have come up with something that, as far as Sonic game hacking goes, hasn't been done before, much less on a Sega Genesis. I would normally expect this type of thing only from the Dreamcast and up, but doing it on the Sega Genesis never really seemed possible to me.

EDIT: Also, why does everybody do the "face-only life icon" thing nowadays? It just confuses me. Is it more appealing or something?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I like your idea.  You can have it that Sonic jumps out of the title screen, when falling, it fades black (so you have a black screen).  Load the level as usual but instead of Sonic just standing there, put him in the air with that animation so he lands on the ground.  That would be a cool transition.

11. Animemaster

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I'll wait and see what other people think.

12. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

I agree with RHS. Sonic jumping down from the title banner like in your first shot, fade to black, then the first level loads with him still in the falling animation, as in your second shot, to finish the transition. I think it'd work well in the context you're using it in.

13. ThomasThePencil

I agree with the other two. It makes more sense and plus it's a Generations reference, and any reference to other Sonic games is a plus in my books =D

14. redhotsonic

If you can get it so Sonic falls and whilst falling, the level and stuff loads, then he lands on ground and off you go.

Actually, that might be impossible.  While Kosinski decompression is in progress, I think all other objects freeze for a moment.  Yeah, go with my first idea actually =P

15. Animemaster

Just because I want to come back to the interesting stuff from people who actually show stuff without expecting others to be more patient than themselves...

This looks like a great idea, but if I may, I'm not sure about the choice of the sprite. I'd especially really like to see a much bigger sprite on the title screen (and that specific sprite is so overused and out of place...).

Yeah I do agree with you that this sprite is over used, but I don't think its necessarily out of place. Simple reason why I wanted to use it, Sonic CD, it makes sense considering what my hack is all about. A bigger sprite on the title screen? well I suppose I might be able to create a shoddy one but of course It will leed to a normal sized sprite so I'd have to do something like making Sonic get smaller as he's falling, as if the screen was zooming out. Sounds like a bit much, I'm going to do what most people say first and see what I think of doing with it, then I'll go from there. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  16. redhotsonic

The two middle pictures look really really good.

17. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

A perfectly ordinary Sonic 1 hack.

18. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

The prequel to Sonic.exe?

19. redhotsonic

That's very good.  Pissed myself with laughter when the red rings actually decreases your ring score =P

20. Animemaster

Damn! should of waited till Halloween!. Very cool though, I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.