NeoBlu Skin

Discussion in 'Site News' started by OrdosAlpha, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

The NeoBlu skin is becoming a running gag with every forum upgrade, as of now it's no longer the default skin. That baton has been handed temporaily to the WWZ skin until the new default skin is made available to all members. So, from this point on, you use NeoBlu at your own peril. Any issues found while using it are not to be reported. It's now on borrowed time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

WWZ skin was always my favourite until you had to restart on it for reasons I can't quite remember.

3. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I think this is still worth mentioning, though:

[​IMG]

edit: to make sure it wasn't a problem with the cache, the screenshot above was taken in a new private window of Chrome, meaning that it's the standard behaviour when someone visits the forum for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  4. XtremerSadiqX

XtremerSadiqX Burning Way Past Cool Member

I didn't even know you could change the forum skin. I prefer Wacky Workbench.

5. nineko

It is also worth mentioning that the Messenger and Notification icons aren't present in the IP.Board skin, even though the tooltip for those would still appear if you move the mouse over there:

[​IMG]

6. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

In all honesty, I think the NeoBlu skin is still better in that [a] it's the only skin with unique icons and it just looks amazing. So I will continue to use the NeoBlu skin until there comes an update which brings a skin I like better than the NeoBlu skin.

7. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

The old Wacky Workbench had a background image. Are there chances it will return? Loved and preferred using this skin. =)

8. OrdosAlpha

The WWZ as it stands was never finished, hence the CSS related issues, and it was more of a test to see how good Invision's skin creator was. However, it's in a more stable state than the NeoBlu skin. I do plan to create a new version of the WWZ skin at some point.

As for the IP. Board skin, well I've fixed it. Or, I should say, I fixed what Invision did to it during the update.

9. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

I thought I could share, this is my custom user style for this site:

a{color:#2E2E7F;}

a:hover{color:#FF3A9E;}
    .general_box>h3{font:normal 14px helvetica, arial, sans-serif;padding:8px
    10px;background: #f0f0ff;color:#204066}
    .general_box.post_block.row1{background-color:#fff}
    .row1,.post_block.row1{background-color:#fff}.row2,.post_block.row2{background-color:#f8f8ff}
    .ccsBase
    .ccsBlockTitle{background:#F0F0FF !important;font:normal 14px helvetica, arial, sans-serif !important;color:#204066 !important;padding:8px
    10px !important}.ccsRow_2{background:#F8F8FF !important}.ccsRow_3{background:#F8F8FF !important}

.post_block{position:relative}.post_block.no_sidebar{background-image:none}.post_block
    h3{background:#F0F0FF;padding:0
    10px;height:36px;line-height:36px;font-weight:normal;font-size:16px}

#branding{background:#F0F0FF;}
    .ccsBlockTitle{background: #f0f0ff !important;font:normal 14px helvetica, arial, sans-serif !important;color:#204066 !important;padding:8px
    10px !important}
    .ccsRow_2{background: #f8f8fF !important;}
    body{background-color:#F8F8FF;}
    #primary_nav{background:url("
    [​IMG]' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >") repeat-x scroll left 50% #f8f8FF;}
    .maintitle {background:url("
    [​IMG]' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >") repeat-x scroll left 50% #4545C0;}
    #community_app_menu>li>a{background:url("
    [​IMG]' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >") repeat-x scroll left 50% #4545c0;}
    #header_bar{background:#2E2E7F url(
    [​IMG]' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >) repeat-x center center;padding:0;text-align:right;}
    .ipsBox_container{background: #F8F8FF;}
    .unread{background-color:#FFFFFF;}
    .submenu_container{background: #2E2E7F;font-size:12px;border:0;min-width:140px;}
    #community_app_menu>li>a:hover,#community_app_menu>li>a.menu_active{background:#2E2E7F;color:#fff;}
    #inbox_link:hover{background-color:#af286d;}
    #notify_link:hover{background-color:#af286d;}
    #user_link:hover{background-color:#af286d;}
    #more_apps_menucontent li:hover, .submenu_container li:hover{background-color:#FFF !important;}

.row2,.post_block.row2.unread{background-color:#f8f8ff}.unread .altrow,.unread.altrow{background-color: #A0A0FF;}

.post_block>h3{background:#F0F0FF;padding:0
    10px;height:36px;line-height:36px;font-weight:normal;font-size:16px}.post_wrap{top:0px}

.ipsFilterbar
    li{margin:0px 15px 0px 0;font-size:11px}.ipsFilterbar li a{color:#fff;opacity:0.5;text-shadow:0px 1px 0px #0d273e;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;-moz-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out}.ipsFilterbar.bar.altbar li
    a{color:#2E2E7F;text-shadow:none;opacity: .8}.ipsFilterbar:hover li
    a{opacity:0.8}.ipsFilterbar li a:hover{color:#fff;opacity:1}.ipsFilterbar
    li.active{opacity:1}.ipsFilterbar li.active a, .ipsFilterbar.bar.altbar li.active
    a{background:#2E2E7F;opacity:1;color:#fff;padding:4px
    10px;font-weight:bold;-moz-border-radius:10px;-webkit-border-radius:10px !important;border-radius:10px;-webkit-box-shadow:inset 0px 2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);-moz-box-shadow:inset 0px 2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);box-shadow:inset 0px 2px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.2)}

img[src$="
    [​IMG]"]{
    height:16px!important;
    padding-left:28px!important;
    padding-top:16px!important;
    width:0px!important;background-image:url("
    [​IMG]")!important;}

img[src$="
    [​IMG]"]{
    height:16px!important;
    padding-left:28px!important;
    padding-top:16px!important;
    width:0px!important;background-image:url("
    [​IMG]")!important;}

So this is a user style. I did it for chrome+stylish and theme "SSRG Clean Cut Sense". I guess it should work with firefox as well. It's a bright theme for those like me who go blind after 2 minutes when they're reading white text on black background. 

In order to use it, you'll need to have the add-on/extension "stylish" installed for your browser, then add a new style and set the target url to sonicresearch.org (and of course copy/paste the code above). Shouldn't be a problem for trained hackers, actually I probably didn't have to tell it. xD

It isn't really clean from a coding standpoint, but CSS is long forgotten. Also, some parts are unchanged (and I'm not likely to add anything else), but it's working.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  10. OrdosAlpha

OK, I may be able to save the NeoBlu skin, not promising anything. As for SI's CSS tweaks that he currently implements via a browser plugin, I should be able to implement most of them for an alternate rendition of the CC skin.

11. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

: | But I like neoblue..it's the only skin I like. Everything else has too much contrast for my delicate eyes~

12. OrdosAlpha

NeoBlu is now no longer available to any member group. If it can be repaired, then it will return.

13. ThomasThePencil

NUUUU

Seriously, I really liked that skin. Although I suppose I can settle for the SSRG Clean Cut skin.

EDIT: On an alternate note, you brought over my favorite part of the NeoBlu skin: Monitors for icons! I love it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  14. XtremerSadiqX

XtremerSadiqX Burning Way Past Cool Member

SSRG Clean Cut is awesome, I like the gif icons

15. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

The new icons look good indeed.

What do they mean? I see Robotnik is "locked", Sonic is "new message in forum"...

I think I've also seen "invincibility" and "10 rings", but I'm not sure what they're about.

16. ThomasThePencil

I think I've got the full list down. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these...

Weird Refresh-icon Monitor - SSRG Terms And Rules only

Extra Life Monitor - New post in forum

Super Ring Monitor - New post in topic

Broken Monitor - No new posts in forum

Ring - Starred topic (I think)

Eggman Monitor - Locked Topic

If there are any others, let me know

17. nineko

You can get their meanings if you look at the Title Text, which appears if you move the mouse over the icons.

The one for the Ring is: "You posted in this topic".

The one for the Invincibility Monitor is: "Go to first unread post", meaning that it's a shortcut to the first unread post of a topic. It only appears in the topic list.

[​IMG]

18. ThomasThePencil

Ah, now I get it.

19. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

I love the new theme, looks awesome! <3 The monitor icons are definitely cool, but I would also love to see Wacky Workbench return as it was like in the past. It was my favorite theme when I first joined SSRG. xD

20. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Well, I liked the NeoBlu skin because it was simple, straight-forward and not all blinky-dinky. Not really into animated GIFs, but hey, I'm sure it won't kill me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.