Exodus Released

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Spanner, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Does anyone remember someone who goes by the name of Nemesis?

Well, he has been working on an emulator named Exodus for quite a while and now it is time for version 1.0 to be released.

For more information and of course, the download, check out the website.

2. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Nemesis... Hmm... That names does sound awfully familiar. Perhaps it's a name from the past...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  3. std282

std282 Flat and sharp Member

Looking good. But how to run it on Win32?

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

If it's not working, it's probably because you don't have the Visual Studio files in order for it to load. You can get a copy of them from the emulator's site, or from microsoft. Unfortunately the highest FPS I experienced was 15 so I can't run this on this computer at all. It's of course even worse when debugging features are opened. :(

5. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Hmm the highest I have gotten was 60 FPS, what kind of computer do you have?

Edit: Thats with debugging features opened too. Its not any different with them closed though.

6. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Framerates are all over the place and the sound is fucking awful, even my mate tried it on his i7 gaming rig and he got the same result. It seriously doesn't look like he's spent the last 6+ years on this.

I can get fluid 60fps (most of the time) in the accurate as fuck Super Famicom emulator Higan, and the sound is pitch perfect in it.

7. fdswerty

fdswerty Well-Known Member Member

I seem to have the same error that it says that it isn't a Win32 exe.

I tried installing Visual Studio, but I get the next error "Processor not compatible" Or something like that.

Any help?

8. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    I tried installing Visual Studio, but I get the next error "Processor not compatible" Or something like that.

Any help?

That means you can't run it. Also...that...that is fucking ridiculous. WHat kind of MegaDrive emulator would need that much power? TF2 on HIGH settings still uses less processing power, and bear in mind, my laptop is 4 years old.

9. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

Exodus runs on 64-bit systems only.

And you have to have at least quad core processor to get a decent FPS, the emulator heavily relies on multi-threading.

10. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

Then use it.

As for this emulator, I am unable to use it because I am running a 32 bit system. From the pictures and videos, and from what Nemesis has said about it, it seems to be almost the perfect emulator. The amount of customization is allows seems to be amazing. Just because it requires a higher end PC doesn't take away from that. The emulator is not "bad" by any stretch of the imagination.

11. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Okay, I think he's got the message.  Let's get this thing back on topic.  (I'm so slow posting this)

After plugging my laptop in and putting on High Performance, I now get around 58fps, but it's still not perfect.  For now, I'm still going to use Regen.  But for real thorough testing, you just can't beat real hardware =P

EDIT:  In grey.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  12. SuperEgg

What's your rig, RHS? I was able to get it to 19 FPS when I close everything and put my laptop on high performance.

13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

In my laptop, I have i7 quad core 2670QM at 3.1GHz per core, 8GB RAM and a SSD instead of a HDD.  Maybe that's why.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  14. SuperEgg

Well damn, a better question is what can't you run?

15. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Are there any actual features that distinguish it from Regen's debug variant? Judging by the 'reviews' it has received, I'd rather not pick it up unless it has features that are actually worth using.

16. Alriightyman

Alriightyman I'm back! Member

I think it has potential.  Granted my lappy can run it at around 40 ~ 45 frames, it is playable, barely.  But the debug features look great!  I am happy to see the registers run in real time and it has the flag bit of the CCR!  Lots of debug features!  At least now I know what kind of Computing power I need to get when I build me a new PC!

17. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

This is why no one goes on SSRG....But anyway

Pretty much this.

Fantastic emulator, I think the whole point was to get "cycle accurate emulation". If you have a sub par machine, this won't run at full frames. If you spent two shits looking at the philosophy behind this, then you'd see that accuracy was the first priority, not performance, or anything like that. A debugger's dream. On the topic of cooking vs coding, you don't know how and what he coded. That's like saying just because I can make a KD that I can cook. Noodles isn't the same as a full course meal at a restaurant. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

tl;dr, if you need cycle accurate emulation with debugging features beyond your wildest dreams, then go ahead and grab this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
  18. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

On topic, I get around 15 FPS on my Intel Pentium 2.2 GHz laptop here. Not practical on this machine, haven't tried it on my quad core yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.