Polygon Jim

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Spanner, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

SSRG would like to send its condolences to the friends and family of Polygon Jim who sadly died in a car crash this Saturday.

Although he wasn't much of a poster on here, a lot of people will have known him from other websites and from being involved in various pieces of work in the Sonic hacking scene.

A close friend, Hinchy, has posted something up on Sonic Retro about it which you can read here.

2. schmupfan

schmupfan Newcomer Member

Was terribly sad to hear this news. I didn't know him that well, but I knew of him. He was a great contributor to the Sonic hacking scene, and will be sorely missed.

3. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

When I first replied to the topic over at Retro I broke down and cried, and it keeps coming in little spirts now... even though I never talked to him 1 on 1 (I replied only to maybe one or two of his threads...) it still hurts to hear about a fellow member from the community passing on at a young age. RIP you eternal techie, remember guys please wear your seatbelts even if you're not going far, life is too fragile. It would hurt to hear if anyone else passed on the same way, or in general of course. :(

4. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

In case you missed it, Spanner did a stream in tribute of Jimmy last night with myself and several others on Skype sharing our memories of him. He's uploaded it to YouTube, as you can see here:

5. Unused Account

Unused Account Well-Known Member Member

God, I laughed for ages playing his Motobug hack... I didn't know Jim well, but he died, and nobody will hear from him again... 

It was nice playing his hack and the little dancing motobug... The little adventure was kinda funny in some places... but why do the awesome people always die young?

I don't want to be an ass and say I only liked him for his hacks, but thats only how I knew this.

It would be funny if the Motobug just blew up in water too...

"Hi, I'm Jim the Motobug. I'm just gonna go defeat my master like I don't give a fuck, cause I don't."

Don't ask why I said that...?

6. Smellycupcakes

Smellycupcakes Newcomer In Limbo

he will be missed :( i loved playing his motobug hack if there was a way to save him before that happened :(

i also didnt know him well but he will be missed :(

7. TheHackPlayingGamer

TheHackPlayingGamer Newcomer Trialist

I'll miss him, but I don't know him really either.

8. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

I can't help but notice newbies posting here just as a way to get their post count up despite probably never even talking to him. :|

9. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    God damn it Irixion, you beat me too the punch. I was fixing to mention something in that general idea.

10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Not to worry, it's their posts they're wasting.

11. SpeedofGarbage

SpeedofGarbage They lied! Member

Man, do I remember his hacks. I was laughing my ass off when I first played motobug in sonic 1.. Those were the good times. Rest in peace, Jim. Rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.