General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sham1

sham1 Newcomer Member

@Suler

Who gave you permission to make Eggman an Touhou boss. In all seriousness tough, that is very exciting boss idea, I like it as it is. Keep up the good work :)

2. Solar

Solar What? Member

I think this will be the only benefit, so I'll take your word on the note. :)

3. SpriterIceman

SpriterIceman Who still uses Iaza Member

I'm gonna ask if you don't mind, where on earth did you get those monitor sprites from? They're from a sheet I don't remember releasing anywhere publicly a LONG long time ago.

4. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

1st!

Mr. Cat wants!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  5. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

@Suler: I see my roots in your work. Extensive camera shaking and explosions everywhere—my trademark. Is it true or is it just coincidence and we are both crazies obsessed with Michael Bay vision? :p

Amazing work, by the way!

6. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

[​IMG]

I'm calling this "Cheese Cave" :>

7. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

I'm gonna ask if you don't mind, where on earth did you get those monitor sprites from? They're from a sheet I don't remember releasing anywhere publicly a LONG long time ago.

After some searching, I have your answer.

You did release it, but in the General Drawings thread.

For comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

Pretty cool! I especially like the spring and monitor sprites. The sonic sprites look a little strange to me, though (especially that last one XD)

9. DwhitetheGamer

DwhitetheGamer You got a serious fight in your hands. Member

Cheese everywhere.  Parmasan cheese, blue cheese, jalapeno cheese, cheese, cheese, CHEESE!  Jokes aside, this looks good.

10. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

That's some gouda art...but it could be cheddar.

Cheesy jokes aside, this is pretty damn good. However, the water surface appears to cut off just a few pixels before the left edge of the screen. I'd suggest fixing that if possible. Also, the art in general seems a bit lacking. Might just be me, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  11. SpriterIceman

SpriterIceman Who still uses Iaza Member

For comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ah, I forgot I even used to post sprites here. Still, it would've been nice to at least have been PM'd or credited or notified or something. That scared the hell out of me, pfft. Though, it's cool that it was used regardless.

12. AsuharaMoon

AsuharaMoon kakyoin did you lay this egg Member

For comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ah, I forgot I even used to post sprites here. Still, it would've been nice to at least have been PM'd or credited or notified or something. That scared the hell out of me, pfft. Though, it's cool that it was used regardless.

Yes, after my hard disk was burned (along with some data from my hack), I forget to ask if I could use it. I beg your pardon.

Moving on, I had to almost start again with my project, staying with the dissasembly of December last year. But luckily I'm on it again. (blessed Winter Break D: ) And I was working on some minor things:

[​IMG]

The new sprites of the good ending.

[​IMG]

And a little idea for a new BG in the Title Screen.

13. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Wow, amazing BG, man! But I think perhaps it would sound better for LBZ, I don't know why, this is just my opinion, don't take this a seriously. :p But anyway, great job!

14. SnakeCoiler

SnakeCoiler Newcomer Member

Not sure if there's a Zone Mock-up thread but I figured I'd just post this here. Did this earlier this morning after a sleepless night. It's all I've got of it so far but I think it's coming along nicely. I've never used Chaotix graphics before but they're great! No stealing! ;D Still deciding if it's going to be a water level or not.. I do too many water levels.. lol. I also need to find a way to add a secondary color to the ground. I'm always bad at that...
    [​IMG]

15. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

What is up with all these awesome designers coming out of the woodwork? Seriously, there's been a slew of awesome things coming from people who've laid dormant for years. 

But getting back on topic, the art looks fantastic. It's got very nice detail and coloring, and it makes the level look alive, if a little gritty for a Sonic game.  

16. Guest

Suler: liking those bosses you made, though they looks like a pain in the ass to beat but that's probably just me. Also liking the LZ art edit as well.

Snakecoiler: I know it's a mockup and all but my god that looks absolutely gourgeous there :O. Your choice of cobinations art wise fits together smoothly and your color choices as well fits in great. Are you putting this in a hack or is this going to be for a fan game or something? Either way, loving what I am seeing.

17. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

I really like the dark, atmospheric colours that are used. I agree about the overuse of one colour though. Maybe you change the pillar's colour that's acting as the left wall or add a bit more blue into the background? I'm not that great at palettes, either.

Love it. It looks like a cross over between Sonic 2 and Knuckles Chaotix. 

Try pausing in a water level when the surface is on screen and you'll see that this happens half of the time. It's not really an issue, in my opinion, unless you really care about the water surface being complete while the game is paused.

18. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

That background reminds me the Sonic Advance 2 title screen :>. But anyways, good job.

19. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

This looks beautiful! For a secondary ground color, perhaps you could make the 'hieroglyphic' patterns in the ground a light gold color as small but strong accentuations to the darker purples you have?

20. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.