Tapatalk support

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by SonicVaan, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

So a few days I started using Tapatalk on my forum. I installed the app on my Android, and it is actually a nice app to browse/reply/etc on forums while on the go. I actually searched for it on the forums, but only came up with this thread.

Despite the thread dating back to 2010, Tapatalk developed a lot during this time and should support this forum now too. Well, that's my guess, because Sonic Retro uses it too and they also use IPB. Hereby I ask kindly if you could install the Tapatalk plugin, add the API so Tapatalk can communicate with this forum, etc as in the instructions there.

I think a lot of mobile users here will appreciate this. Thanks in advance. :)

2. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Last time I tried to install this IPB wouldn't have it. That was back when I first upgraded to IPB 3.3.x. I'll try again, and see if it IPB 3.4.x likes it.

3. SonicVaan

Thanks, lemme know if the installation went all good. :)

4. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

I don't understand the need for the SSRG to be taptalk supported. I mean, I can get the full site for free on any browser that I have on my phone. I don't see how taptalk would improve the mobile experience.

5. N30member

N30member non-pro user btw Member

Hey, EpicElijahSpeedy, there are many mobile users that often wants to check forums, like SonicVaan. I use browser to view forums, but it takes a lot of money, because I don't have WiFi connection. Tapatalk is cheaper for me, so I think it is a good idea. And yeah, this utility is very useful.

6. Misinko

Whatever man, I'll take your word for it. I just don't see the usefulness in the app.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  7. SonicVaan

I don't like to have that many tabs open on my phone and I don't like the mobile skins of most forums. =P

Tapatalk makes stuff easier. You can access all forums quickly with ease, you don't need to login again and again, threads load more faster than on mobile browsers, etc. I could list more, but I'm kinda lazy right now. =P

8. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

You know that if you press the little box that says something like "stay logged in" will make it auto log you in on any browser? My ancient non-updated android supports this on its browser, so I don't see the problem there.

9. SonicVaan

GOSH guys, do you really need to ruin what you don't need it? =P I just hope it gets installed, so I can browse the way I prefer! >=P

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  10. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

As much as I agree with everyone else when I say that this Tapatalk thing is probably pointless, I have to agree with SonicVaan as well. If something can be installed with little to no effort on Ordos's side, and it can be useful to someone while not giving problems to everyone else, what's the problem with it? You don't need it, you don't use it.

Which is exactly what Youtube did wrong when they removed the Video Response feature, by the way. Hardly used maybe, but still appreciated by some people.

11. Misinko

Good point nineko. I can see why some people would like it, and if it's not hurting anything. If w're not gonna use it, we should just ignore it's existence. Also:

It's the internet, EVERYONE tries to ruin something, whether they need to or not :p 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.