My First Hack: Sonic 3 SNX Edition

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by SNX, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNX

SNX Newcomer Trialist

Hello! 

Excuse me for having published the post of my hack Sonic 2 Lost Adventure without screenshots or download, I decided to create a new hack called Sonic 3 SNX Edition, Here are the screenshots: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Levels: 

Dream Island Zone (Azure Lake Music)

Hydrocity Zone (S3 Competition Music)

Ancient Ruins Zone 

Party Land Zone (Ballon Park Music (Act 1) S3 Bonus: Gumball Machine (Act 2)

Icefield Zone 

Endless Engine Zone 

Green Greens Zone 

Airwing Zone 

Desert Valley Zone 

Hot Volcano Zone (Desert Palace Music (Act 1) And Endless Mine Music (Act 2 & HPZ) 

Sky Palace Zone 

Death Egg II Zone 

The End Zone 

Programs Used:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles Disassembly

SonED - Palette

Esrael Sonic Editor - Title Card & Playlist

Download link: 

http://www.dropbox.com/s/omghkfc3jsrh452/Sonic%203%20SNX%20Edition%20%28JUE%29.bin?dl=0

P.S: This is my first hack! Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  2. RocketRobz

RocketRobz Coolest of TWL, and Sonic fan Member

Where exactly are the screenshots and download link?

3. SNX

SNX Newcomer Trialist

Reload the page to see the screenshots and downloads

4. Filio

Filio Newcomer Trialist

Er, hmm, ignore me for the time being. Complaining about somthing that... seems to be fixed? ehh.

EDIT: Okay, nevermind, bigger issue. The hack doesn't even work. It freezes right after Knuckles nabs the emeralds.

EDIT2: So, it doesn't work with Fusion but works with Gens.

EDIT3: This hack is a palette/music swap hack. All it does is pull music from other parts of the game and change some palettes.

The level names mean nothing, the layouts are the same.

5. SNX

SNX Newcomer Trialist

In Fusion works perfectly, in fact the problem and that if you play with Knuckles the game restarts, I hope that in a new version you can fix this problem. (Compatible with Gens) The problem is Fusion

6. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

The reason for the game do not work in gens/gs is because you edited title card in Esrael.

Alright, when I saw the pictures I was got a bit anxious, seemed to have potential, but when I open the game my reaction was .... "what" ?!

You need to work more on your hack.

7. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

No. Not to be rude, but the problem is you not ironing out the problem to begin with. I may prefer using Fusion, but if something doesn't at least work on Fusion you're not getting a playthrough of it out of me.

Use Fusion to playtest your hack, please. Sorry, but I can't (or rather, flat-out won't) give it a proper review until it works on Fusion, but from what the others have said it's not much. I suggest you work on it more.

Also, using ESE = no cookie for you. 'Nuff said.

8. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

Protip: Don't use Gens to test your hack.

9. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Crashes in Regen and Exodus too. The problem isn't Fusion, something has gone wrong in your game. Gens is the worst emulator to playtest your stuff on considering the massive amounts of bugs the emulator has. Some things show up that aren't there, and some bugs don't show up at all. Don't try to pass off the game's problems on the emulator when the true problems lie within the game itself. 

10. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Actually you should use all emulators, including hardware/android or consoles emulator(if you have). This is my opinion. :U

Edit: Ninja'd. -_-'

11. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    I'll be blunt: If it's failing in Fusion, Regen, and Exodus, you're doing something wrong, because you're making something very unhappy that will definitely prevent your hack from running on original hardware. I'd recommend spending some time to trace what's wrong, as it's usually some stupid mistake that's accidentally overlooked and shouldn't take long to fix. Debug, and debug hard. Just because your hack works in Gens, doesn't mean that Fusion is necessarily wrong. Fusion does a lot wrong (I keep a running list as a researcher of things it does wrong), but it's generally more spot-on with the hardware than Gens, so if it's not working in Fusion, you have issues to solve.

Don't rush to blame the emulator for faults in your code. It's more likely you have some stupid error somewhere that you accidentally overlooked. Shit happens, so debug and make things right so that players can see and enjoy your work, as well as suggest improvements.

12. Para_

Para_ A Ghost Member

You know, I could have looked passed the fact that I needed another emulator, I could of.

But once I get this new emulator, what awaits me?

You changed the text, and you changed (some) of the music...

Look, I know this is your first hack, and I'm sure this took quite a bit of effort.

But for all this trouble.

It's not worth it. at all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.