General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

I want to show you my first attempt at custom art:

[​IMG]

C&C welcome.

2. Joshwoakes

Joshwoakes Active Sonic Hacker Member

That looks really good (in my opinion). Nice work Painto maniak

3. FFuser

FFuser a.k.a Darklight Member

It's decent except for the trees. They remind me of SMW trees, but too flat. But I gotta ask: if this is your 1st attempt custom art, what was the other art then for like bridge zone or the title screen BG or your signature? 

4. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

Neon City Zone. New version. Again.

[​IMG]

5. LooneyDude

LooneyDude Back after a long absence! Member

It'd be cool if you programmed that clock to be real-time. Probably impossible to do, though.

6. Filio

Filio Newcomer Trialist

I literally just learned how all the stuff in this screenshot worked last afternoon, feels good.

So those trees look sucky, just gonna put it out there.

Although circle trees could work in a Sonic game if designed properly, those don't work.

For one they're rough circles, not being perfectly circular can be really annoying (I'm not saying all trees have to be circles, btw).

And also there's not much going on with them.

Now that I take a closer look at them, the edges of it are entirely crosshatched.

Don't shade like that. It's more of a transition of shades rather than how you shade.

The tiles look OK but could look better with some sort of original or more diverse pattern.

Perhaps there could be more things going on to make it look better designed.

AKA: Different shapes, more shapes, perhaps something like the minecart tracks in the Generations version of Mystic Cave Zone in the contest (Something different than just shapes).

The shading on the squares looks alright, it even blends the crosshatching and full color which adds more depth to them.

The little double pixel in the middle of the crosshatching irritates me, but I do that sort of thing myself when I have little other options (Unless I can redesign the whole thing).

The corners perhaps could be blended a bit better.

For a first attempt, I suppose it's OK (Although I'm not too fond of having different opinions between professional and unprofessional work).

By the way, sorry if you feel I was a bit too critical.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  7. N30member

N30member non-pro user btw Member

@Painto maniak: Ground looks good, reminds me that one from Thrash. But trees need more work. For the 1st try, exciting anyway!

@MrCat: Good as always, keep it up!

8. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Fantastic! we got to finally see some that hard work you put into your hack!. Damn that Mecha Sonic is out for blood!. I thought this was inspired by Mario Bro Z and after watching Johnny's stream looks like I was right. If there's one thing I like is amazing boss edits, and this is what I call a final boss!. I hope we get a Super Sonic Vs Metal Sonic fight at the end.! Slightly off topic, Varion you sounded like you were away from you mic in the stream, just a note for the future. But seriously can't wait to try your hard work.

9. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

It is impossible, seeming as the MegaDrive has no internal clock or timer to count how long it was switched off for.  Although, he could program it for the clock to change for every minute that has passed.

10. Giga

Giga Newcomer Member

Holy Shit that boss really wants you dead after seeing it on johnny's stream

11. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria Well-Known Member Member

Fantastic! we got to finally see some that hard work you put into your hack!. Damn that Mecha Sonic is out for blood!. I thought this was inspired by Mario Bro Z and after watching Johnny's stream looks like I was right. If there's one thing I like is amazing boss edits, and this is what I call a final boss!. I hope we get a Super Sonic Vs Metal Sonic fight at the end.! Slightly off topic, Varion you sounded like you were away from you mic in the stream, just a note for the future. But seriously can't wait to try your hard work.

Thanks man, Notice the big change between the video and the livestream. It's what happens when I  get into my workaholic mode. I've got a lot of stuff left to do. Yes there's a Hyper VS Hyper. But details on that can't be revealed.

12. Filio

Filio Newcomer Trialist

It is impossible, seeming as the MegaDrive has no internal clock or timer to count how long it was switched off for.  Although, he could program it for the clock to change for every minute that has passed.

It'd be nice if it displayed the ingame timer, actually.

13. Viva La Luna

Viva La Luna A.K.A. crypt0nymous Member

http://www.uploadhosting.co/uploads/37.155.117.103/s3k-finalzone-rgremix.mp3

Another little remix.

EDIT: the hosting site has removed all of the MP3 files and changed it! Bullshit!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  14. ChaosStealer

ChaosStealer Newcomer Trialist

These pictures are blowing my mind :O

15. pixelcat

16. Filio

Filio Newcomer Trialist

Just going to put this out there, Cinossu made a loop way bigger than that.

I'd call your loop, well, fairly large.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  17. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

I need to make one for my S2 hack :0

18. LooneyDude

LooneyDude Back after a long absence! Member

19. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Are you using a Project Sonic 1: Two Eight variant? I didn't think Sonic 1's stock loop system could handle loops bigger than 1 256x256 chunk.

20. pixelcat

No, I'm use standard chunk system, no path swappers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.