Sonic (4) Cybernetic Outbreak

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Varion Icaria, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stardust

Stardust [screams in cat] Member

This hack is going to be SO epic. *head explodes*

2. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

I'm going to go against the grain here so to speak, but I believe in the long run it'll be more beneficial. Although I think the hack looks great, and the boss video was very impressive, I can't help but feel that the hack is cheapened by the reuse of previous art in the background. That's not to say that it doesn't fit, as it does very well, but considering this hack has a high calibre of custom foreground, it leaves the background being something of a disappointment for me personally. I'd much rather see you attempt something entirely custom to give the hack a unique identity, because at the moment my first thoughts are Sonic CD and Chaotix when I see the backgrounds, rather than "holy shit they're brilliant". I hope that came across in a constructive way, I'm pretty intoxicated at the moment. I'd also ditch the 4 from the title, we've had Sonic 4 and it conjures up negative thoughts and memories. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

3. Giga

Giga Newcomer Member

My god the hack looks beautiful I've heard from Somecallmejohnny's stream that it'll be playable next year for SHC2015

so I can wait *jumps into a cryogenic freezer* WAKE ME UP WHEN IT'S 2015

4. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria Well-Known Member Member

Well it's Sonic 4 because it's a sequel to S3K, and there's reasons. As for the Radon Factory BG that was temporary for the Media build. RFZ's getting another and more proper overhaul soon. As for the Chaotix BG I was going to do something different with it soon like it'll be the same BG since no other BG fits the inside of the ship the way I need it but it'll be working differently than be stationary.

5. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member Member

Well it's looking like a better Sonic 4 than what we got :p

6. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

I think it is now more awake than ever. :p

7. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I am very disappointed.

You say the background isn't yours and is due to be replaced with something else at some point, so I can't give you props for that. The boss again, we've already seen that in the video you posted not long ago in the General screenshots & movies thread. So really, apart from a few single shots of FG design, you haven't showed us jack shit.

Come on man, what about the new shit? You claim it's Sonic 4, so make it Sonic 4. Don't use cheap tricks to promote it. If you're making Sonic 4, I have high expectations.

8. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I think it is now more awake than ever. :p

He ain't awake. I fear he may be dead, I mean, he ain't even blinking! =P

Anyway, let's move away from that and back onto subject.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
  9. Filio

Filio Newcomer Trialist

Actually, yeah. You already posted this stuff in the Screenshots/Video thread (actually more stuff, there was a video), so there's no reason for a new topic.

Changing Mecha Sonic's sprites a bit doesn't make it topic-worthy, really.

Well, I'd at least like to point out one thing that bothers me.

Mecha Sonic's sprites are fully horizontal while Sonic's sprites are more looking towards the screen.

It makes Mecha Sonic look flat. It's not a problem with the original Mecha Sonic since it doesn't have separate pupils.

Just something that annoys me, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  10. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

I know it's not shown in the thread, but there actually is some new stuff in the hack at this point (including another attack for Mecha, and a different boss fight entirely that I will not reveal). There's been some sound replacements, level layout changes, ext. ext.

Of course, you're entire complaint is based on the fact that nothing new has been SHOWN yet, but I thought this should be pointed out.  

11. TrustyGun

TrustyGun Newcomer Trialist

Dat foreground art. 

Seriously though, that art looks so good, if I didn't knew this was a hack, I would assume it was made by SEGA! What would make it even nicer is if you added some scenery, such as those cones in Star Light Zone, so it looks less barren.

Is there anymore levels other than Radon Factory Zone and Metal Star Zone? I would love to see those.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  12. Chaotix

Chaotix Bad at Team Fortress 2 Member

This hacks looks amazing to play just for the entire scenery of it all. Can't wait for the public release! :)

13. Varion Icaria

The above Act of Metal Star is act 2. Here is the music for it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64842423/TMSZ2.mp3

14. Varion Icaria

Disappointment towards a temporary BG? Everythings on it's way to be custom, everything starts out by building the concept by using readily available stuff. Built off my old concept of Core Base from using SSZ Present in places the Chaotix BG is close to the design of the Final BG that's being worked on. All the art that was used to build the Alpha version is to be changed that hasn't been changed already. Keyword here is it's an Alpha version, Granted it looks more complete than an Alpha version it still is an Alpha and you can expect to see it to be changed.

15. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

It sounds awesome, but it feels to slow for a sonic game. Try adding some fast drum beats in the background to add that sonic feel, or up the tempo. Otherwise, it's wonderful in my opinion :3

16. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

You clearly did not read my post properly.

I said I was disappointed through the lack of new content. Please read my posts carefully in future.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  17. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Maybe you should wait for it to be near complete before showcasing your hack. Something I learned the hard way with S2R. Why show us an alpha with a temp bg and etc if you're not going to use it?

18. Varion Icaria

Well regardless I'm going to not be posting anything for a bit. I've got q lot of work ahead of me as more and more ideas keep flowing through. Music updates will be added often though cause everybody loves smps. Also the song for act 2 is slow is for a reason.. That reason I can't reveal yet. Just wait till the public release :). Markey yeah I will read more in depth before replying I was half asleep when I replied.

19. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

Hey.

So I've decided I'm helping Varion out in the music department for CybOut this time around. As my introduction to arranging SMPS tracks for the game, I've whipped up a cover of Zero Stage 2 from Megaman X5 to be used in Act 1 of The Metal Star.

https://soundcloud.com/sonictweaker/zero-stage-2-megaman-x5-32x-smps-arrange

And here's a VGM for those of you who like that sort of thing.

Look forward to more stuff like this in the near future!

20. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

Wow, great to see you doing hacking stuff again!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.