AI Follower in Sonic 1?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Mr Antisocial, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Antisocial

Mr Antisocial Newcomer Trialist

So, I'm creating a Sonic 1 hack, that has 2 characters (Sonic the Hedgehog and Mighty the Armadillo) and I have made them seperately playable, but I wanted to know if it would be possible to have Mighty follow Sonic (Like Tails in Sonic 2) as one of the modes of play?

On a side note: I have made Mighty's palette work with Sonic's (they share the same palette), so there'd be no palette conflicts if I were to do this. I appreciate any help, and I'm not begging for code, just some pointers/help if it even is possible.

2. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Why don't you just look at how Sonic 2 does it and see if you can figure it out?

3. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Easiest way would be to port Tails from either Sonic 2 (easier) or Sonic 3. Of course you'd have the AI's pitfalls though.

4. Ashuro

Ashuro Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death Member

I wanted to do this, me too...
    But not with Mighty, i want to do this with Ashuro the badger, (he loads the Sonic's palette too).
    I don't know what is the code in the s2 disassembly.

5. Shockwave

Shockwave 3 Time Stones Member

I wanted to do this for my project a while back. Ended up getting it working pretty easily by doing it similarly to how Sonic 2 NA handled it, and then fixing up a few things myself to make it more polished. I also searched a bit and came across this post, which gave me some insight as to what changes I would have to implement for a proper AI player, which helped out a lot.

Well, if no one minds me pointing you in the right direction, I'd recommend starting here:

Code:
    ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Tails' AI code for the Sonic and Tails mode 1-player game
    ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

; ||||||||||||||| S U B R O U T I N E |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

; loc_1BAD4:
    TailsCPU_Control: ; a0=Tails

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.