Sonic Hacking Contest 2015

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Spanner, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

I never understood the logic of releasing your own SHC entry early before they all go public, but oh well~ :U People seem to be doing it anyway.

Those of you waiting patiently, the Contest Week and public release begins 19th October, next Monday.

2. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

With all these amazing hacks, I can officially say "I'm screwed"!

In all seriousness, I wish everyone good luck. And who knows? Maybe you might win something this year!!

​Neither did I, Cinossu...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  3. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Hahahaha I screwed up again!. Never mind maybe I'll submit Sonic 1: Sonic CD Edition next year.(I don't mean I didn't submit it, I mean it's unplayable and I didn't realize in time).

4. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

50 hacks? Wow. Just wow. That's a lot to judge!
    Most of them I didn't knew since I saw the list. I'm impressed. I hope any of the Harder Project's project to win something this year. I'll not lose to watch the transmissions from this year. It seems that it'll be one of the best. Good luck, guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  5. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

More hacks, more fun! And I'm so happy my hack is also on this list. :D 

6. Chaotix

Chaotix Bad at Team Fortress 2 Member

Hype time!

I can't wait to try these hacks out this year. I bet all of them have something unique as I have not played any of the pre-releases people made (minus watching and editing a video of CrazySonic).

7. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

Just a small question, why not make these videos?

They seem fitting to the contest very well.

8. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

I might work on one during the week.

9. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Yeah, it would give some idea to people what's coming to the Contest!

10. JoybitLegit

JoybitLegit Newcomer Trialist

Hi everyone~

I plan on streaming the entries to this year's contest at some point during the contest week.  There are a few factors that will decide the stream schedule, right now it looks like it will be one big all-at-once stream.  A couple friends and I are starting up some gaming content and I want to have them both on for this stream.  Unfortunately, the one that can drive both of them around has the busiest schedule, so that's why I'm trying to coordinate one big session.  Worst-case scenario, I'll either do it solo or do a section of the stream solo.  There may be a short period before the stream starts for us to make sure the audio is set up properly, at which point I ask that viewers please tell us if something sounds wrong.  Also, as for the entrants, if you have something specific that you want to show (such as an easter egg) then make sure that I know ;)

It may be just Genesis ROM hacks, but I'll see if I can get other stuff working if needed.  I currently have the Steam version of Generations and the standalone PC release of SADX.  Also, I do have an Everdrive MD so if you want to show off real-hardware compatibility then it would be a good time.  Real hardware stuff will be recorded through an XRGB-Mini using the RGB output of my Genesis.

Good luck, everyone, I'm sure that I'll enjoy playing your entries :D

Channel:
    twitch.tv/joybitlegit
    Expected stream date: Evening of 10/21/2015

UPDATE 10/20: Of course I would get sick the day before.  I have to bump the stream into a 'maybe' status because I'm not sure if I'll be well enough tomorrow :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
  11. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I may decide to play through some hacks with myself commentating and upload to YouTube. I'll do as many as I can, but won't be able to do all 50.

12. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

I am thinking of doing some streaming some hacks myself but I may not go through all of them. I will probably get stuck in the really good ones if I did try. 

13. Crimson Neo

​Oh, you must give love to Sonic 3 & Knuckles hacks at all.

14. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

This is more a heads-up to the other judges with regards to the stream planning that I've just noticed:

Daylight Saving Time (BST) ends on Sunday 25th October at 2:00am. As such, the clocks go back 1 hour (and we then use GMT, not BST).

I was just making you aware, as this may, or may not, affect the results stream timing on the Sunday.

15. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire Well-Known Member Member

So, my phone was being a douche when trying to access this site, and for whatever reason, my browser kept crashing (probably due to the amount of tabs I have open, but it only seemed to happen when I tried to post), but I finally made it back to be able to post.

Work has been rather hectic, and by the time I get enough time to myself, I'm too exhausted to be able to dedicate any time to judging the hacks. I need to step down as judge for this year, unfortunately. I had wanted to say this for a while, but... as I already explained, access issues.

Good luck to the participants. I look forward to seeing the results, whenever that may be.

16. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

The Contest Week begins on Monday 19th August at 12am BST (7pm EDT on Sunday 18th)

Along with downloading all of this year's hacks and voting on the Community Trophies there are streams organised throughout the week. These are subject to change at any time.

5pm BST / 12pm EDT to 7pm BST /  EDT - Monday to Friday: Donnie
    7pm BST / 2pm EDT to 9pm BST / 4pm EDT - Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Spanner
    9pm BST / 4pm EDT to 12am BST / 7pm EDT - Monday to Friday: MegaGWolf
    12am BST / 7pm EDT to 3am EDT / 10pm BST - Monday to Friday:  SomecallmeJohnny
    5pm BST / 12pm EDT to 7pm BST / 2pm EDT on Saturday: DalekSam Music Workshop
    7pm BST / 2pm EDT to 11pm BST / 6pm EDT on Saturday: Nova
    7pm GMT / 3pm EDT to 9pm GMT / 5pm EDT (clock change on Sunday): Results Show

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  17. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

Don't you mean October, not August?

18. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Slight mistake, sorry.

WE ARE NOW LIVE!

19. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

AAAAAAAAWWW YEEEEAH! It's finally time to play these hacks! I am excited to see what comes my way!

Edit: Bleh... a bunch of these were disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  20. Crimson Neo

Finally I'm able to play Sonic 3 D.A Garden Edition! I was waiting play this hack in ages!