Neo Sonic 2 Beta Remake

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by jkfox, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkfox

jkfox Newcomer Trialist

Hello! I am JK.FOX! And i want a show you new version of my hack!

"Neo Sonic 2 Beta remake" (ver.1.0)

List of the change:

1. New levels

2. New palletes

3. New music (from other Sonic-games)

4. The game was translated on russian language.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD: https://yadi.sk/d/nNnPHG5bhDDXT

2. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria Well-Known Member Member

You've been known to make hacks of other hacks that have been 'unfinished' or rather publicly 'untouched' Is this too a hack of a hack? It looks rather similar to S2 Delta with some minor edits. Do explain yourself though. 

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy Well-Known Member Member

It seems like it is just a hack of the Simon Wai Sonic 2 Beta, but I still have an issue with Jk. Fox for hacking Sonic 1 Pixel Perfect :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
  4. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Speed boosters, speed boosters, speed boosters. Literally more than half of the entirety of Chemical Plant Zone was me holding my finger on the down button. The only time I took it off was when I bumped into a block and had to touch the next speed booster, conveniently placed like two seconds away.
    Dimps says hello.

I thought the point of Beta Remakes is to give the player an impression of playing an actual early version of the game, based on the few things the community has brought to light over the year with early magazine screenshots, interviews, etc. This hack here is as far away from a beta remake as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  5. LucasMadword

LucasMadword That one nerd. You know the one. Member

While I don't think you can call this a "beta remake", I think this could be a really cool level hack if a few edits were made.

Emerald Hill Zone, Metropolis Zone, Oil Ocean and the final section of Hidden Palace Zone (which you added onto the previous part of the beta level) played really well, and had (for the most part) great level design. Chemical Plant Zone, Wood Zone, Hill Top Zone, Aquatic Ruin Zone and Mystic Cave Zone all had questionable level design.

Chemical Plant used too many speed boosters, thus making the user feel like they have no control over the level. Aquatic Ruin Zone also felt like Chemical Plant, but not as intense. Wood Zone didn't feel like it belonged in a Sonic game, and it just felt off. Hill Top Zone was mostly the same (from what I remember, but maybe I'm forgetting what Sonic 2 levels looked like  :wink: ). Mystic Cave just had cheap deaths in it.

It feels more like a WIP level hack. But, I think you should run with that, rather than calling it a beta remake. The new art looks good, along with the new pallets and music. It's just touching up some parts, and finishing it. But I had a lot of fun in Metropolis Zone (more than Sonic 2), so this could be a great hack with a little more work! 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.