General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

That is a very obnoxious pink color, and that yellow doesn't help the matter. 

With the clouds still being the default Sonic 1 clouds, the simplicity of the trees and ground badly sticks out. I also can't tell what's going on with the water, if it's running off the background, or running parallel to it, with the mainland being an island or another plot of land. 

Foreground still looks fine, if unfinished. Really hope those checkerboard leftovers are removed, and the grass is made to cover parts of the polka-dot pattern.

2. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

New Features In Back In Time:

- New TitleScreen

- MAIN MENU

P.S BUT IS IT OR NOT IS IT?

Thanks TheBlad788 for Helping with contiuing project)

3. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

Sorry for the late replies, everyone, but here are some quick thoughts courtesy of myself:

Clownacy: I love it. It's not overly complicated and it works quite well. I presume some text will go at the top in the future?

Blazer: A nice idea, although it looks stretched, as some people have already noticed.

AmatuerSonicHacker: Too much purple for my liking. The sky and ground are the same shades as well, which makes it a bit jarring.

amphobius: Very nice. I think the ring could use a line of shading (although I think someone else already mentioned this).

MarkeyJester: I love the simple design here. It's visually appealing, even though it's simple black on white. And yes, it's nice to see an individual splash screen for a change.

Painto maniak: A nice idea, if a little rough around the edges. I am worried though that this'll become another project you'll start but won't finish. I've seen you start a lot of projects already. 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
  4. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Yeah, the thing's been under a working title for ages, so I haven't gotten around to making the logo. The code for it's all there, though. Along with some things a simple screenshot can't show you.

5. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

So you're showing something just to show something and show that you still exist? What's the point of this? Show when you have something really worth showing.

Well, to don't make this post being just a question to CQ, I'll show something too.

It looks graphically incredible! ...but it needs custom music. Awesome work, though!

6. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

So you're showing something just to show something and show that you still exist? What's the point of this? Show when you have something really worth showing.

Well, to don't make this post being just a question to CQ, I'll show something too.

So we have Sonic 2: The Hybridization Project, Sonic 2: Advanced Edit, and now this? Where's my Sonic 1: Master System homage?

7. Chaotix

Chaotix Bad at Team Fortress 2 Member

I'd do something if I wasn't bad at hacking. I'd train myself if I didn't have school get in the way.

Anyway, all of these look really nice so far! Especially the Triple Trouble remake. Can't wait for it Painto! 

8. Jdpense

Jdpense Custom Title Member

Here's a little something I've been working on recently.....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    Crimson Neo likes this.
  9. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

S3K levels and badniks, tons of SCD elements, and a bunch of Sonic 2? It's rare to see so many game elements scrambled together, and I love it! The arts nice, too!

10. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

[​IMG]

Coming soon... When it's coming.

11. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Your M is broken, most likely because you set it to the wrong sprite size. All normal letters are 2x2 tiles, the I is 1x2 tiles, and the M is 3x2 tiles.

12. TheFieldWarrior

TheFieldWarrior Warrior of the Fields Member

I am currently working on the second zone of my Sonic 1 Hack "Chaos Control". This zone is called "Ancient Castle Zone". Here are some screenshots of the zone:

View attachment 2213

Act 1

View attachment 2214

Act 2

View attachment 2215

Act 3

Now I am sure some people will be wondering "Where is Act 4?", well I've decided to save the extra acts for a stand alone mini hack. So far Act 1 of ACZ has been edited but I wanted to show off the palletes for the other acts as well. I will say this: editing Marble Zone without certain object definitions is quite a tough task. I look forward to your feedback on the palletes.

13. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

14. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

I don't know why no one ever notices this, but S3K's HUD doesn't go red, it just vanishes. Even Megamix got this wrong, at least for the last MD version. I get that Christmas is approaching, but the candy cane HUD looks tacky. Also, the 'E' at the end of 'SCORE' hasn't been S3K-ified.

15. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

Boss Saw (Update).

Music:

Aero the Acro-Bat - Museum Zone.

Mercs - Boss Music 1.

Megaman 10 Solar Man Stage - Boss Music 2 (SMPS Port by Ivan YO).

16. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Take note people, that is how you make a challenging and interesting boss that requires skill and not luck to beat. Love what you've done there, keep up the great work.

17. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

You added a next phase? Very good!

18. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

That boss is looking good yet really hard. Can't wait to play!

19. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

I count.. hmm what, 50 hits? Oh also lovely nonstop saw noise for like 3 minutes straight. I'd go insane before I beat this boss. I see your intention is to make harder bosses, but making them ridiculously long isn't enjoyable challenge. I like some of the ideas but the length, in my opinion, ruins it.

20. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

Natsumi, Okay. Thanks. I will use your criticism to improve my boss.