General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shockwave

Shockwave 3 Time Stones Member

It looks rather repetitive as is right now, but the art itself is very clean and well drawn. I'd say just add more patterns in the blocks like your previous version had and it'll be an easy improvement. Overall it's pretty good.

2. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Now that reminds me of Pengo.

[​IMG]

3. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Hello everyone. I'm back with another video to show more work on my S3K hack. yesterday I finshed my Ice Cap act 2 Layout, I had a hard work on it with some problems, but finally is done. Here is the result:

Also I've do new palettes too:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    These is Sweet?
    C&C is always welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  4. Roxurface

Roxurface Well-Known Member Member

Wow, NeoFusion, that hack looks pretty cool (and I'm not just saying that because the gameplay was from Ice Cap)

It's good to see a layout hack of Sonic 3 that isn't intended to be dick-hard.  Also those palettes are among the best I've seen--probably THE best I've seen in S3&K

Also, I love your profile pic.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  5. Stardust Gear

Stardust Gear A Programmer Member

I made a new Sonic 2 hack in progress, called "Sonic 2: Secret Mission".

EHZ1 Screenshot:

[​IMG]

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I'm not too fond of the palette, but the bridge is a nice touch, cool stuffs.

I was a little unnerved at the beginning as it felt very linear, but after the first section, that layout really opened up with a few noticeable paths, and it felt very versatile! I was also surprised at how you used some of the objects in a manner to progress, such as; the water sinking platforms, and positioning of the breakable bridges that required you to briefly find the switch. Those are the signs of a good layout artist, good show! I will comment a little though, that in some sections it did feel as if it needed slightly more enemies, just to bulk it up. BUT... That's just my opinion, and not a professional one either.

Keep up the good work!

7. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

8. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Nice but what happened to Sonic 2? lol

9. TheInvisibleSun

Watching the new 27-Minute TAS of Sonic 3&K sort of inspired me to test out how it would work in the game, so I decided to dive in and give it a quick shot. Turns out, the Color Monitors were pretty easy to port to the game (at their very basic functionality, without all of the bells and whistles and what not)! Sonic 3 is really interesting; part of me is just more interested in it as a game, as there seems to be a lot of interesting things I can learn from it. However, it's art is very much harder to deal with so far, as it is more complex than Sonic 1 in how it's detailed as well as in how it's organized (which is a good thing, though). For that reason, this may take a while to really get off the ground as an actual project.

However, Sonic 2 is also being played/experimented with as well, but I might grab a different disassembly altogether before I get too deep into it. I just can't stand the "+" and "-" temp labels.

That being said, I haven't even finished the original though, so both of these are still sort of secondary, side-projects. If anything, I may start porting things over from Sonic 3 to Sonic 1.

10. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Don't kill me for this, but I actually wanted to do something along the lines of a Sonic 2 Color Contrast because I loved the idea so much. Worked a tiny bit on it, then stopped. I haven't gotten back around to it to this day.

If anyone wants me to go back to working on it, I'll try to do so, but it's more of a side project. S2: TRoC is my main focus at the moment.

11. TheInvisibleSun

Since I haven't really put much of anything at all into Sonic 2 Color Contrast yet, I don't have a problem with it (especially since I'm confident you have much more experience with hacking Sonic 2 than I). Heck, maybe we can even collaborate on the project; I wouldn't mind supplying some layouts, palettes and gimmicks and such. 

12. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

I have attempted to make my own boss. How did I do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omoH1qIA28&feature=youtu.be

13. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Pasted from SGD.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  14. N30member

N30member non-pro user btw Member

Anyone else recognizes a SBZ boss from Sonic 1 Megahack: Ultra Edition? But it's good for the first time at all, but you need to replace those bombs to something else. (bombs walking in the air...)

15. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

Alright, so here are the things I need to do for my boss:

- Make it easier

- Give it more variety

- Put it in SLZ

- Replace the walking bombs with regular bombs :p

Thank you guys for telling what I need to do.

16. JoenickROS

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  17. N30member

N30member non-pro user btw Member

That palette's rather nice, and sprites are awesome too. Great work, AsuharaMoon!

18. Shockwave

Shockwave 3 Time Stones Member

TheRoboticDeveloper:

Always like seeing the original bosses swapped out for new ones. Even if they're not done too well, I appreciate it more than another crappy modification to the GHZ boss that involves removing the floor or slightly tweaking the way the ball swings. This is a pretty cool idea for a new boss that still fits in with the rest of S1. I'd tell you what to do to improve it, but you already seem pretty aware as indicated in your last post. Great job so far!

JoenickROS:

Looking good as always, sprites look really clean and well edited. The palette is refreshing to look at as well.

19. JoenickROS

Thanks for all the comments guys, and yes Asuhara did a great job with those sprites, since you guys liked it, I think ill post a video of my new ARZ/RRZ act 1 layout. So look out for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  20. โบวี่

โบวี่ Tsingtao Enjoyer Member

Voice sample taken from a Zetaplays video. Donotstealplzthxbai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.