I'm Back

Discussion in 'Site News' started by OrdosAlpha, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Discuss.

Oh, and quick question for our German members: what does the german word "fol", as in "Fol danke", mean in English? I'm guessing it's either some form of slang, a regional dialect thing, or it's a contraction. I've been reading some German short stories the past week, and while my grasp of the German language isn't exactly the best, I know enough to get by. Just don't sak me to speak it, my pronounciation is awful. But, that one word eludes me. Can't find anything on various dictionary sites, and I've tried Duden, Dict.cc, Oxford and Collins. Throw me bone.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  2. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Rumors about your sudden AWOLness have spread some conspiracies in the IRC. Things like getting a job, being kidnapped, or simply eating the bullet were among the various suggestions. But you're back, so everything's dandy.

As for the German thing, "fol" isn't a word I've ever heard. If it is a slang, it must be a very peculiar one. "Fol danke" makes even less sense to me. So yeah, my vote goes to dialect thingy.

You reading German stories fills me with glee. Now just put up some YouTube videos of reading some famous German poems by Goethe and watch as the world rejoices.

3. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Welcome back Ordos. 

4. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Welcome back, I guess.

5. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

I was just starting to wonder why I haven't seen you in awhile. well it's good to see that you are back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.