Sonic Hacking Nitrus Deonte Style!

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Deonte, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deonte

Deonte Newcomer Trialist

2. Deonte

Deonte Newcomer Trialist

​I Also Face Mecha Sonic In My Playthrough, In Sonic 3 And Knuckles!

s3k004.jpg

3. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

Sure I'll help! First, make more threads like this! Then we'll trash all of your threads!

Please learn ASM and art editing by basic. Your never going to learn anything until you make the hack yourself.

4. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

No, I'll never want make a hack with these sprites.

5. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

I hope this isn't a second account cause that's not acceptable. I am tho starting to get that feel.

6. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

Hey There!

Welcome to SSRG.

Firstly off of the bat, those JPEGs. Please please please do not use JPEGs. Around here, either PNGs or BMPs are the standard for sprites. I personally use PNGs, but others have their preferences.

Secondly, no, I and the others on this forum do not want to make you a hack. I'm sure I can speak for many others and say that we have no interest in you or your girlfriend.

Thirdly, and finally, those sprites need a little bit more work besides just editing Sonic. Perhaps give it a little bit of shading, screw with the palette... get it to the point that you think it's perfect, and then you could post it in the art thread and get some critique.

7. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

Trash.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  8. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

yeah okay no
    I'll tell ya right now you're not gonna get anywhere by asking people to do shit for you

at all

don't ask how I know that
    instead, use the wonderful thing called your eyes and look within the kuiper belt (specifically, the trash)
    there, in the trash-thread bin, lie plenty of examples of what NOT to do

9. DwhitetheGamer

DwhitetheGamer You got a serious fight in your hands. Member

Wait, this happened before?  

Anyways, I second everyone else.  I suggest you only ask how to do things in a hack, not for others to make a hack out of your sprites.

10. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Sigh. Why does nobody here appreciate art when they see it? Looks like I have to give the appropriate credit.

Introducing, previously known as Sonic ERaZor: Sonic – This Is Me and My GirlFriend EDITION (Disclaimer: only contains GirlFriend)

[​IMG]

11. Psukeo

Psukeo I'M A BUS HONK HONK Member

​10/10 Beautiful. I want this game to be my savior - IGN

12. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Now I know I've seen some strange things, but this is just.... lol...  What? like I don't even know... Good lord what it this generation coming to... but yeah echoing what most of everyone else said, this is the type of thing that is very much looked down upon and with the way this is going, pretty soon this is going to end up in the trash anyway, so umm... yea... not interested.

13. KingofHarts

KingofHarts Well-Known Member Member

Please don't trash this until EVERYONE get's to play Selbi's classic.

14. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Well First Dwhitethegamer No, I just thought that the account was the same owner who had a simular typing style. and Secondly Selbi That looks awesome, And yes I agree don't trash this topic before everyone has played it.

15. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Gordon Bennett, where do I start? 

No, I do not.  Please do not be demanding like that.  You can ask for help if you like or if anyone wants to join your team on the conditions that you show off your work so far and what your plan is.  If no one is interested, unfortunately, you're on your own.  Also, please refrain from double posting unless absolutely necessary.

Saying that, your 2nd post did show a screenshot, which means you have already started working on this.  Have you got any more you can show us?

Going by the IP address, no, it's not another account.  Why did you get this feeling?

BMP's?  Nononononono, they're too big for what they show.  I'd actually prefer jpegs over BMP's.  But then jpeg's aren't good quality.  For a good quality screenshot at a respectable file size, stick with PNG.

Stop being so damn right rude.  And wait for a staff member to tell him not to double post.  If you need to point it out, use the report button.

Thomas, please refrain from quoting the post directly above yours.  Getting a bit tired of repeating this to members.  And Selbi, as this is Deonte's topic, I have removed your link for now.  If you would like to show this hack to people, then you can make a new topic or put it in the Random Hack Mini Project thread.

Now, except for Deonte stating what seems to be a demanding question, he did show his work, what's so wrong with that?  Seriously you guys.  Give him a chance.  He's only had 2 posts.  If this was his 12th, I'd understand, but give him the opportunity to explain himself.

16. Selbi

It was a joke hack made in direct reference to this topic. Putting it anywhere else would be defying its only point. I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve here, RHS.

17. LooneyDude

LooneyDude Back after a long absence! Member

But I never got to play it ;-;

Anyway, if you're going to change the character of your Sonic hack, I'd recommend three things:

1. Don't base them off of a real life person.

2. Change how they play.

3. Change the levels around them.

Three isn't recommended just as long as you do #2.

18. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

This topic is about Deonte's hack, not yours.  Posting screenshots of your hack because it reminds you of it and has a direct reference to Deonte's hack is okay, but for a link to your hack and then everyone to start commenting on that, is not fair.

19. Selbi

I literally put his sprite inside my hack as a joke. It makes me believe you didn't even take a closer look at the download before making your judgement. But okay, okay, joke hacks are against the rules. I see it now.

20. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

joke hacks are against the rules? But that means it'd disqualify any hack I've ever done. Makes me wonder why I am not banned?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.