General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

that's a problem with the screenshot, sometimes parts of the image will stretch out.

2. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

You might notice something a bit... different, here.

3. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Pretty neat idea in remaking the songs used in the saturn version and the recreation of the music sounds pretty snazzy to. is this going to be an full hack with the all the songs replaced with that of the ones used in the saturn version or no? if so I would love to see how this would be actually playing it as I am one who has never played the Saturn version before.

4. std282

std282 Flat and sharp Member

Man, that's incredibly awesome! How much time did it take to create these S3DB Saturn ports, just to know?

5. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Blazer, as I said on Sonic Retro, I'll be doing the whole soundtrack in SMPS but shoving it all in the game is a completely different problem. The original file sizes of each Green Grove track are 6KB and 5KB respectively - my versions are 10KB and 14KB after using SMPSOpt. You can see how this becomes an issue very quickly when you go to Rusty Ruin.

S_T_D, each track took about 3 to 4 hours to complete. I think GGZ1 may have been just over 4, though.

6. std282

std282 Flat and sharp Member

3-4 hours? Excellent time for these tracks, what did you use? For example, my SMPS's are usually done in about 7-8 hours, but I write them from scratch, in notepad. 

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
  7. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

How the heck did you do that in sucession? also, what Disassembly are you using??? a 256x256 supported or 128x128 supported?

anyway, looks decent. I think you should use something from Labyrinth 3 (i think) which is vertical screen wrapping (am I right?)

I'm using the original Project 128 disassembly by MarkeyJester. Also, the video shows that I used the screen wrap. It's simple to do because you just keep it so there are no boundaries are set in the act's screen resizing code. The reason I died near the end was because I just copied the code from Scrap Brain Zone Act 2 which sets a boundary near the end of the act.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
  8. Kaz

Kaz Well-Known Member Member

Another decent example of easy-when-you-know-it-from-the-manual hex hacking. :)

Just to say, I'm a bit fond that we still have hex hackers in our bloodlines to this day.

9. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

If you can succeed in getting these Saturn tracks in, then I would be ultimately greatful!

Having said that, you need a better piano instrument >=( Act 2 just isn't the same without one, the main melody instrument was awesome though!

10. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Here, have the two Cube pianos I usually use:

Code:
    3A 71 0C 33 01 1C 16 1D 1F 04 06 04 08 00 01 03 00 16 17 16 A6 25 2F 25 80
    22 54 31 02 01 9A 97 56 59 0A 07 03 08 03 08 06 08 54 14 34 39 21 23 25 80
    I don't even remember which Cube games I stole extracted them from, but I've been using them since when I added import support for Cube instruments to xm3smps.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
  11. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

I have no words for this:

12. Stardust

Stardust [screams in cat] Member

Robotnik must be on A LOT of coffee.

13. Chaotix

Chaotix Bad at Team Fortress 2 Member

Robotnik, y u no stay still?!

14. jubbalub

Na, that's meth.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  15. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

I'm back! Not like the Final Zone, but a little edit to GHZ boss..

Okay yet another Final Zone stuff:

Comment and Criticism are welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  16. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

That boss looks incredibly dickish... Hell, I made dealing with hazards and moving platforms be in the LAST level in my hack. The boss moves far too fast, it's ball is impossible to predict, and the entire boss oddly seems to go too far to the left, but not the right. I have to give you some credit though, it's certainly different then most of the other GHZ boss edits out there, good or bad.

17. N30member

N30member non-pro user btw Member

@HackGame: wow, it is that hard... Final Zone boss is very similar to the one that ERaZor has, and GHZ boss edit is simple too. But I have to say thanks to you, you didn't do old trick with EXTREMELY FAST ball spinning. 

How lazy am I... Continue working on this pattern?

[​IMG]

18. jubbalub

That looks suspiciously similar to the Erazor final boss.

19. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Well, there aren't a lot of things one can do with the final boss without touching everything. I don't think that this was intended as a copy of my hack, and even if it was, I can't claim a hack concept as my own anyway.

In the end, it's the game that counts and the joy it brings, not some drama orbiting around it.

20. Lone Devil

Lone Devil Internet War Veteran Member

GHZ Boss edit seems too minor, the middle moving platform also gives a slight Megamix vibe to it. I also dislike Sonic's standing frame for one obvious reason.

(Modern shoes stance looked too awkward and wrong, the left foot) another note is GHZ3 ocean palcycle should match the night sky.

AND Metal Sonic Hyperdrive, but of course no one made it to the Final Boss for some reason lol. (Masterquest's ver is also more faster without orbs)

You CAN react to the FZ Boss especially by jumping through it to avoid getting crushed. or maybe it's just me playing too much fighting games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.