General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

2. Stardust

Stardust [screams in cat] Member

​Nice palette but the FG seems to be a bit too bright. Also, Original the Character, do not steal. (Sorry, had to.)

3. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Does everything have to be tinted purple?

4. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Iv'e also been noticing that to. while it does look nice, why not try out other palette choices. gotta have some form of variety.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  5. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

[​IMG]

There's a good selection here to choose from, unless of course you meant palette, which is an assortment of colours. Why people continue to say pallet, especially when English is their native language, is beyond me.

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

Since Sonic is also purple, I wonder if it's part of some kind gimmick.

7. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

While everyone is criticising the purple, I have to question about Tails; what on earth is wrong with him? =P 

8. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

RHS, I do see spikes below Tails, so I figure that he got hurt and Tails' tails didn't flash.

9. Nocedk

Nocedk Newcomer Member

New intro background 

[​IMG] 

VAmoosic likes this.
  10. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

​I understand it's irritating, but there's a fine line between giving constructive advice, and being a dick.
    Personally, I think posting a giant picture with 0 topic relevance and basically saying "why does anything other than palette exist for mentioning an arrangement of colors" falls under the category of being a dick. Not only is it off-topic, but it's also unnecessary. And it is in the website's official rules to be courteous to the other members. Members of staff, especially administrators, should have the capability to lead by example. When this kind of thing happens, newcomers think it's alright (common sense says that admins generally have the best behavior, and it's an assumption most if not all newbies make) and do the same things, and then you guys question the reason for it occurring in newcomers even though you've previously performed the actions in question.
    Why staff can break their own rules without good reason, but members can't break those same rules even with good reasoning (especially since this is meant to be a fun, friendly place as the rules themselves state), is beyond my knowledge. Call me a backseat staffer, but I honestly don't care if I'm ridiculed or harassed or what-have-you for making this part of my post heard. My case still stands and will continue to do so for as long as this imbalance still exists.

Now then, as for something that actually contributes to the topic:

​While I will say the selection of colors you've used here is rather easy on the eyes, it is also quite monochromatic; almost everything is some shade of purple, and hopefully it isn't too much to inquire as to why. I would suggest using a combination of purple and other calmer colors such as green or blue...in darker shades, of course. Lighter shades should be used sparingly, as they can be a bit hard on the eyes.

11. KingofHarts

KingofHarts Well-Known Member Member

Had he just simply left it at the image... I personally wouldn't have found it as offensive... perhaps simply a lil bit dickish, but also funny. To go the next step and chastise people's mix-up of the words... I feel the need to step in and say something here, and being a former English teacher I feel fully in the right to do so. Stephen, please take a look at this:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/commonly-confused-words

This is a list of some of the most commonly confused words in the English language... they range from words we learn as a child, to words we pick up later on... and hey! Whaddya know? PALETTE is among those words! Goddamn... See, mixing up these words when writing/spelling is a VERY easy thing to do. Hell, I myself have done so with some words on occasion. Why people continue not understand the regularity of such whimsical mistakes, especially when English is their native language, is beyond me.

12. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

I think you people just take things too seriously, both KingOfHarts and ThomasSpeedRunner. While I agree Stephens post was completely unnecessary, where exactly was the harm? I had a few chuckles about it. I guess we should be concerned of having too much fun, or am I missing something here?

13. KingofHarts

KingofHarts Well-Known Member Member

​I can completely agree that I got a little hot under the collar than was necessary... that said I still stand behind my intended point.

On a completely different, yet related point... that palette Stephen posted DOES have an assortment of colors to it as well... Yea I forgot where I was going with this...

14. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Summary of thread so far:

[​IMG]

*runs like the wind!*

15. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Sigh... obviously the people taking offence to a picture weren't around when there was a topic littered with pallet pictures in response to a debate over the "palette vs pallet" issue. It was merely a joke and a nod towards that, along with the fact that considering how often the topic is brought up and how it always comes to the same conclusion , there is still confusion. There was nothing malicious, offensive or any ill feeling whatsoever behind the post. If it was something that pissed me off that much, I would have made my feelings a lot clearer. As it is, it doesn't exactly do any harm to spell something incorrectly, and nobody will be punished or verbally abused for doing any such thing. Hell, if I genuinely found it to be that annoying I could simply run it through a word filter on the forums so that nobody could misspell it. The funniest part of all this is the fact that Blazer simply corrected his post and moved on, without the need to turn it into something it's not.

To paraphrase the comedian Jimmy Carr, "To be genuinely offended, the situation has to be relevant to, or directed at, you. Taking offence on behalf of someone else is nothing more than you taking the moral high ground".

As for the "huge pic", it seems just fine on my end, viewing on my laptop or phone and doesn't stretch the tables in any way. I'm not exactly running at stupidly high resolutions on either, as both my laptop and phone run at 1080p which is pretty standard really. The boards seem to have automatically resized the pic to fit anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
    AkumaYin likes this.
  16. Raionhardt

Raionhardt Vanguard Member

Some playing I been having with the last version of my engine to see working with open areas.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  17. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

​Holy shit! This looks amazing! Imagine if someone will make Sonic Adventure 3 in this engine...  :biggrin:

18. Raionhardt

​I don't know about an exactly adventure style, but there are two games been done in the engine, mine (Sonic Evolution) is very adventure based with some exploration out of the main level branched path, and another game that I don't know if I can tell but was on production for some years and this second one is extremelly inspired in adventure. Stay tuned for next Sage.

19. Raionhardt

Can some admin fix that ^^? I posted once and it gave me an internal something error, I tried refresh the page, and looks like for each refresh I tried It posted again....

20. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

This thread tends to be particularly dickish with double posts, and I don't think anyone here really has figured out why, myself included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.