Sonic Hacking Contest 2016

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Spanner, Mar 23, 2016.

1. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

I agree with you Donnie! And that's really about why people under 18 sometimes don't get those hidden 18+ jokes in some movies and games at times. Disney for example is a master at this. And that makes my childhood ruined somewhat even thinking about it. Also NSFW tags is useless imo if it's just text then I wouldn't mind but if it was pictures showing nude womans or males then it would be a problem. Tho point given to SuperEgg there aswell.

HackGame likes this.
  2. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

We need a safe space from all of this NSFW content and jokes! We need to stop the MEN from ruining our innocence and getting us disturbed! THIS IS SONIC HACKING AND NOT A FUN CLUB!!!!!!!!!1

Seriously tho, this controversy is ridiculous and the idea of NSFW tag's or whatever is even more dumb. I can not believe we are arguing over this, when a couple of people under 15 that really shouldn't be on the scene MIGHT be affected by this content. If something is truly NSFW, especially graphically, its either clearly stated or clearly implied. A secret easter egg only few people were intended to see is no reason for some retarded NSFW tag potentially making a lot of people not play it ain't gonna fix shit. If you are so sensitive to NSFW content, then you need to grow the fuck up. This community is not suitable for you, people here are more or less edgy idiots who make stupid shit. If you are offended by NSFW content, then go and find a feminist community, they'll agree with you and try their best not to offend you. And Sam, fuck you, NSFW tag is not "black & white" decision, especially for MT. It had a single obscure easter egg, I am not killing all the publicity it gets because of that. I don't care if we appear unprofessional, or not. We are fucking unprofessional. This is why this scene is FUN. I am not going to be all professional and sacrifice the fun I have when making the hack, in order to make it professional and "legit" and all that shit. I don't care if the rest of the world seems me bad for the stuff I do. I could care less. If you care, fine for you, don't force everyone else to follow suit. Also, one of the reasons I did the easter egg is to disturb and/or shock and/or amuse the player who accidentally finds it. If I just outright tell something like "oi, there is an easter egg at that place, its quite NSFW, be warned" it ruins the fucking surprise, completely. It loses all of its value by that warning, and people wont react to it. I loved seeing the streamers and Selbi react to it, it was fucking hilarious. But apparently I can't have my fun because "Sanic haxing is srs biznezz" or some shit. Fuck you all.

Rant over. Sorry if I offended anyone. Just kidding, I don't care.

HackGame, Sith, FireRat and 2 others like this.
  3. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

I agree - this whole discussion about NSFW is pure waste of time! I don't want to repeat myself - if somebody is offended by NSFW, the entire community is not for him, because some people cuss, some people are under 18+ age. Please... stop this bullshit before it confuse this entire community even more and we'll have harder time to make hacks because of this nonsense...

EDIT: And yea, when I said to no be pissed of - I'll take it back. We're creating mess before SHC 2016 with this NSFW bullshit and this is making me more pissed.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  4. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

What a wonderful, cohesive and constructive reply. Thanks Natsumi!

5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Alright, I think that's enough about the whole NSFW debate. It is now getting discussed by the dedicated SHC team and I'm sure you will all get notified if it ever get's put into place. If you want to put a NSFW warning in your own hacks, then no one can/is stopping you; but as of right now, it's not mandatory.

As a staff member and as not as a SHC team member, any more debate/arguments on the whole NSFW thing from this point will get warned. Only a member of the SHC Team with a notification (if any) of the subject can bypass this warning for obvious reasons.

6. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

I am glad you enjoyed it Sam! I totally did not go off on my head and did a lot of proofreading and thinking beforehand! Though I think you got what I was getting at, anyway,

7. Sith

Sith Active Member Member

I'm glad this is over; back to procrastinating, guys. :D

LordXernom likes this.
  8. ArcaniaCQ

I wonder. Is hacks that change just small pieces of Sonic 1 allowed to enter? (Music only or Art only)

9. Sith

Sith Active Member Member

This is all that's mentioned on the types of hack so I guess you can, unless the judges say otherwise or further refine the rules.

10. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Basically. People, we keep answering the same questions every year, and it's the same answer.

1. Is it a hack based on a Sonic game?
    2. Is there more than a palette change?

If the answer is yes, then submit. Y'all need to read the rules a bit better =V

FохConED, HackGame, Pacca and 3 others like this.
  11. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

I have a question that's not either of the above:

will there ever be a trophy for "most procrastinated-on hack?" or would that be too easy to win? :v

HackGame likes this.
  12. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

I would probably win that trophy. ;)

13. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

"Can I win a trophy if I've done jack shit to my hack?"

14. ArcaniaCQ

I would have won that trophy if the hacking contest was now with Sonic Nightmare Simulator.

15. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

The only appropriate entry to win a trophy like that would be a stock ROM of Sonic 1.

16. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Find the longest-present member of the community that had any interest in a hack. There you go, the procrastination winner.

17. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    If that's the case, Cybernetic Outbreak would win, surprisingly. It's been around for 10 years and still nowhere near done =V

18. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

At least it finally made a submission....even if it was unpolished and clearly not ready for the contest.

Soldaten and SuperEgg like this.
  19. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I do apologise is this stems from the current topic at hand, but I've been rather busy lately (that and the board isn't updating "new unread posts" correctly, so I end up missing posts). But I have something to say regarding the whole NSFW thing.

1. It is my hack, and I will do what I want with it.
    2. Whether or not it is going into the contest is irrelevant to whether or not minors will play it, the incident implied would have occurred regardless of whether or not it was in the contest. Therefore, it is not the contests problem.
    3. If it becomes mandatory, I shall take my hacking business elsewhere, i won't have anyone tell me what to do with my hard work that's done in my spare time, for no financial gain.

There is no if, whys or buts in response to these answers, it's not up for debate. Putting NSFW tags onto hacks is stepping into personal realms, when you are a company who have hired me, and have placed in my lap a thick document of standards to follow, and are paying me more than £10 an hour, then sure.

20. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

Hmm, and that about the mobile client for SHC? Now to many people sits via mobile devices, I had experience of an application creation on Android, well and is acquainted with innovations in Android API.
    P.S But I didn't study IOS yet, I prefer Android

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    LordXernom likes this.