Ashuro help thread

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Ashuro, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashuro

Ashuro Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death Member

Apart for Sonic and Ashuro, no. I haven't change or touch any routines of sprite/animation's all other objects.

2. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

This is why I use version control. It records all the changes you make to your hack, and you can slowly revert them in order to find when the bug appeared. You could then check exactly what was changed at the time the bug was created, allowing you to easily find its cause. Personally, I use TortoiseSVN, though there are probably better alternatives, like command line Git, which I've been using for my newer projects.

3. Ashuro

Thanks!!
    Must say that i haven't created any backup file of my hack (it's the first time, i don't know why).

4. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

Have you checked the motobug's animation file?

Try using a program called ExamDiff. It is able to compare two files and find the differences between the two. You can use it to compare the ASM file used in your hack to the ASM file in an unaltered disassembly.

Edit: Did you use this guide? I remember using it and it screwing up the motobug's movement. In order to fix this, you can change this
    Code:
             cmpi.b #$26,0(a0) ; is monitor object?
             beq.s   Objectfall_dontfuckmonitor    
    to this
    Code:
             cmpi.b #1,0(a0) ; is Sonic object?
             bne.s   Objectfall_dontfuckmonitor    

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  5. Ashuro

I haven't touch any check or any animation file of any object instead of Ashuro and Sonic.

Thank you i will look at it right now!

EDIT: Yes! Thank you, let's do this.
    EDIT 2: OMG OMG OMG, the motobug works fine!! THANK YOU dude!

6. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

Wait, you just created a personal help thread?

wtf dude

7. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

No he didn't, he had a couple of topics asking for help so the staff have merged them together to keep things contained, seeing as they were his help topics. If you read the topic you'd have seen that.

8. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

I'm just going to come out and say that I think this thread is ridiculous.

Remember the Basic Questions and Answers thread? It's a place where questions like the ones that Ashuro have been asking go.
    The fact that we now have an open, personal help thread just for Ashuro blows my mind. Have we not learned anything from a certain person named ThomasSpeedrunner who was made a laughing stock after his thread? Or, heck, what about this? How is this thread any different?

Pacca, SaunicBoom, ProjectFM and 2 others like this.
  9. Ashuro

I have not created this thread, and i know the Basic Questions Thread.

ALL: Lamppost fixed. I don't know why but in the PLC files, the lamppost used the VRAM adress F400. I have changed it to D800.

10. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Again, to be clear, two separate threads were made by Ashuro. I merged them into one, and changed the thread's name.

Soldaten likes this.
  11. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

I understand that.
    However, I still don't think a personal help thread for one person is needed, given previous very notorious examples.

12. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

...i have no words for this thread, except one:

Why?

come on, i thought you all already learned this was a bad idea from when i had one a few years back. i refuse to allow someone else to go down that exact same path without consequence.

13. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Or what? You're going to leave the place? Go on then, fuck off. Who the hell gave you the right to decide how the staff act? If the staff would have had that much of a problem with your topic, we wouldn't have let it run to 20+ pages before pulling the plug on it. Even then, the reason we pulled the plug was that despite being told how to fix your various issues in detailed terms by various members, you seemed incapable of actually following basic instructions, which made the entire topic redundant.

TheStoneBanana, your topic was also allowed to run, but the difference between your topic and this one is that you were asking generalised questions related to ending animation scripts and such. Those sorts of questions can be answered in one liner replies, so would be more suited to the Basic Q&A topic. The problem with that topic is, once anything technical gets asked that involves a lot of trial and error or complex answers, the question and answers can get swallowed up in the topic, so on certain occasions we allow them to operate outside of that topic. In this instance, being a corruption of such a nature, and with Ashuro claiming that he didn't alter the affected objects in question, I personally feel that a topic for such a question is warranted. Make no mistake though, despite the topic title, once this issue is resolved entirely, this topic will be locked and will not become another 20 page monstrosity.

Now can we hear the end of this for fucks sake.

14. Ashuro

It's not my fault, i have created 2 threads and Clown merged them into one.

StephenUK, thank you.
    My problem is partially fixed, instead of "Sonic Has Passed", but i think i can resolve it by myself.
    I don't want to be hated by others members because of this thread, so close it if you want...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.