Upgrade Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Spanner, May 13, 2015.

1. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Not a bug, per se, but I can't edit a post that contains more than 10000 characters? I just want to fix the formatting on one my threads, now that we have BBcode back.

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Cheers, but I have just discovered it doesn't work when double clicking on the "Showroom" sub-forum.

EDIT: I meant "Submissions", not "Showroom". Sorry!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  3. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

I had to click the Showroom monitor like 5 times to break it :|

4. redhotsonic

I meant the Submission forums, sorry. I can't break that at all.

5. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Yeah, I don't know what's the Submission forum's deal. You have to enter it and clear the monitors in there for the top-level one to clear. I'll look into it.

Also, before I forget, I coded up SoundCloud embed support for the media BBCode, in case no one reads the help page (I know I don't). It'll embed just Like YouTube and other stuff. You bastards can thank me later for that pain in the ass.

Crimson Neo likes this.
  6. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Right, since you brought up the Embed topic... would it be possible at all to disable Embeds like you can disable signatures, for example? I don't mean to disable them completely, but to render them as plain links. Only if it's not too complicated on your end.

7. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    I'll look into it, but I'm not sure I can do it without basically torching auto-embed. I'll have some spare time to work with now, though, so I'll poke around a bit and see if I can work out something.

~E~: Altered settings to spit out link and embed. Might not quite be what you want, and it may cause problems with quoting media, but we can test-run for now. Sorry if I mis-interpreted your request, though.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  8. nineko

What I meant is, when I read a topic, is it possible to see plain external links to Youtube instead of the embedded Youtube player? For some reasons I've never been a fan of embedded media, I prefer to open them in another tab (maybe at another time). I rarely mentioned this before because I didn't want to bother anyone, but since you're getting your hands dirty, I thought I might as well try. Don't worry if it's too hard or too pointless to do since I'm the only one asking for it. I lived with embedded stuff until today, I can still live with that.

9. Pacca

I'd appreciate that feature too. Sometimes auto embeds can be a bit much when I'm using an old browser or a slow computer, and I'd also enjoy the option to make them into simple links.

10. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Oh, THAT's what you mean. Alright, yeah, I was way off. Hmm, that may be notably more difficult to do...

11. redhotsonic

That's why I always provide a link under my embedded video :)

You should be able to click the title of the embedded video for it to open YouTube up in a new tab and play (you probably know that already, thought I'd mention).

12. nineko

RHS I know, but the core point behind this is that I'd prefer if the embed couldn't load at all, and Pacguy was on the spot too. Despite everything, there are circumstances in which you prefer that pages are as lightweight as possible.

13. redhotsonic

How do I edit the topic title of my own thread? Editing the first post doesn't show options for it anymore?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. At the top, go to "Thread Tools" and then click "Edit Thread". I guess this is an option for everyone in their own topics. Or maybe I can see this because I'm staff.

14. nineko

I can confirm that Pro Users, and probably normal members too at this point, don't have an "edit thread" option in the "thread tools".

Also, while looking for one of my own topics, I randomly found that I can still delete my posts in one of the secret subforums, for which I won't provide neither a name nor an ID, but since it's the only secret subforum I can read, it won't be hard for you to pinpoint it.

Interestingly enough, I lost the mod powers over the smps music competition instead. Not that it matters since that competition is dead anyway.

15. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    Heh, I knew there would still be permission issues lurking about to fix. I'll look into it after lunch.

~E~: Alright, I *think* I fixed the permissions. I just checked with a test account on a hidden forum set to standard member rules, and the account was able to edit title and everything using thread tools. Also, nineko has his mod power back in the SMPS Competition. If there still seems to be thread name editing issues, please specify the specific forum, as it may be some screwy per-forum permissions that I need to tweak.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  16. nineko

It looks like I can't start a new conversation, even if I cheat and I type the intended URL by hand.

17. LazloPsylus

Academy City
    A couple of things got muddled in the permissions. Should be fixed now.

18. nineko

19. Pacca

The two links underneath the Discussion and Q&A section ("this list of useful links" and "these guidelines") are broken. They seem to be leftover from the old forum software, as they redirect to the front page.

20. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

I'll do some digging and update those URLs ASAP.