General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. TheBlurCafe

TheBlurCafe Welcome to TheBlurCafe! Member

GF is doing something sneaky...
    And yes,the art is a WIP
    [​IMG]

NiphFM, KCEXE, MarkeyJester and 13 others like this.
  2. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Dr. Robotnik is very mean today. :D Joking aside I love the detail in this art, especially these white pixels in the grass - it gives better effect. :)

3. TheBlurCafe

Thank you very much Xernon, however I've been using SonED2 fot this, as I do not know how to use SonLVL yet
    (and as you can see, there are some tile errors there)

4. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

SonED2 is still good program, but it can crash often, when your using other programs during hacking. To use SonicLVL, use SonicLVL.INI file stored in your disassembly, the rest is easy, just edit tiles and blocks in Art section. I hope it helps you.

5. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

"Ah! A wild SONIC appeared!"
    [​IMG]
    Well, uh..
    Please, either give me feedback, or wish me luck.

I hope someone'll enjoy my PoC, once I get it going.

Pacca and Royameadow like this.
  6. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

upload_2016-11-1_20-27-33.png

7. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

Kind of feels more like a Toxic/Cyber themed fusion of both Crystal Egg and Electric Egg Zone, if I had to say, this works rather well for a zone that I presume is based off of Star Light, I enjoy what I am seeing here.

Out of curiosity, will the Half Spike Platform and the Orbinauts get a major visual change, by any chance?
    Their original design kind of would stick out from the rest of the new art, based on this lovely level art that I am viewing here, I wonder how they would look in the event that they are redrawn.

8. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

I call this "Toxic Base Zone" :)

9. TheBlurCafe

Hah, I recognize that tileset, it was made by Xtuart on DeviantART, and called it Egg Engine (I don't know if it's a Kirby pun but whatever).
    Although, while looking great, I'd suggest to tone down the green.

pixelcat likes this.
  10. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

Nice start. Hope you'll get some decorative stuff to make it look even more cool

11. TheBlurCafe

[​IMG]
    Motobugs are overrated.
    Thanks to Abyssal for importing the run sprites in SonMapED for me!
    Also thanks to ZanaGB for letting me use her monitor, It was the first Item I ever implemented, so it looks a bit weird.
    And yes, that BG is a placeholder until I learn how to put backgrounds.

Jdpense, NiphFM, Pacca and 9 others like this.
  12. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria Well-Known Member Member

Not exactly dead.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Niko, B. Comet, Jdpense and 16 others like this.
  13. TheBlurCafe

Holy shrimp, that looks gorgeous, Varion.
    Where's the life counter tho?

14. Varion Icaria

Not implemented yet, I'm still doing a lot of behind the scenes work to get everything to work right.

15. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    I don't get it. What's so impressive about this? The artwork looks pretty much the same as last time, the Sonic sprite is atrocious, and the screenshot tells me nothing.

Also, lives system isn't implemented? Come on now Varion, it's been 11 years, and you haven't got the simplest system implemented? Come now man, stop cockteasing the sheep and showcase something worth while.

HackGame and Soldaten like this.
  16. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

I disagree about the Sonic sprite, I think it looks fine, just doesn't fit very well. Also it seems hard to tell what's part of the background and what isn't.

17. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

The Sonic sprite does look very strange to me. The style doesn't really match most of the platforms he's been in, nor does it match the background. The rest of the screenshot is all sorts of amazing though. I imagine the lives thing is probably a bug that worked in while he was working on something awesome, anyways, so it isn't too much to worry about, I suppose (unless this is homebrew or something, which I doubt).

18. Varion Icaria

Lives system is implemented, Lives counter is not, I've changed the way the levels load drastically and to compensate for how Chaotix works in general I have to rewrite a lot of my old code. I only posted a simple teaser, The new stuff I'm working on will come later.

19. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Jesus, mind telling me how good Varion's ass tastes? Anymore asskissings, and I may just vomit.

Anyways, you can't just fuck up a lives counter. It's in the base engine, after all this monstrosity is still based on S3K, or did you go with Saxman's Sonic Boom engine, Varion?

I'm sorry, I'm yet to see this "all sorts of amazing" that you keep yammering on. It looks like the same art we've seen for the past 3 or 4 years when he occasionally cockteases people about it. The only difference is now there is a trash looking Sonic sprite that after careful inspection, still looks fucking ugly.

I'm sorry, this hack has lost all points of excitement for me. The thing is half the age of me, still has the same shit going for it, which btw is directionless spectacle. I can't wait to see how far you get Varion in 5 years when you cocktease SSRG again. Maybe this time you'll show a walking frame? Maybe I'll see a tunnel that isn't buggy and crashes the game? A man can dream, but I'm not holding my breath.

ProjectFM, Pacca and AURORA☆FIELDS like this.
  20. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Like if disassembling a sprite renderer, reformatting lots of art just so it works, and making a brand new sprite sheet (where at least MOST of its sprites appear to be done correctly) from the ground up were absolutely nothing. This HUD doesn't even work the same way any other sonic game/hack would do, and it's far from being a mere "program fuckup" (is a frame buffer any similar to a sprite's tile mapping?). And you cant determine other project's workflow; sonic 2 got its title cards and title screen quite late. Anything is perfectible, even the original "professional" work, and it is certainly way better than most average stuff posted on here. I don't know this guy nor the story behind any of this, but to what I can perceive so far, no doubt you're going sliiightly harsh

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    โบวี่ and Pacca like this.