The "How can I improve this" Thread

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by MarkeyJester, Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I don't know about anyone else, but in all honesty, I cannot find a way of improving it, I think it looks awesome the way it is...

2. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

How do I improve this? I use the Sonic 1 drums ofc and I also do use 4 channels only. I also use Instruments from different Genesis games.

Attached Files:

3. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

So for the longest time my title screen has not had a background just the custom logo made by Bakayote and I was wondering what kind of background would fit with it. Anyway the logo could be improved would be great too.
    [​IMG]
    Edit: It had the Robo Cop (genesis) first level city background in it before but there were too many colors.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  4. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

Well, Mr. Jester, we don't think that way! =D
    [​IMG]

Gametoons, NiphFM, Royameadow and 8 others like this.
  5. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

You might want to brighten the 'Ladego 2016' text a bit more. It's hard to read against a black background.

6. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

We just wanted that this text was hardly visible that on it there was no concentration on this text.

7. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Perhaps, however, the original screenshot you shared did not have those colours available, nor did you supply a palette to work with, if you had, we could have done more to help.

Having said that, it appears you didn't need help after all, I'd go as far to say that you didn't post it because you wanted help, but rather, you confused this thread with the General Screenshot thread?

8. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

If Egor don't mind, i'll clear that up..

When we posted that title screen image, we really needed help.We felt that this title wasn't really good, so we asked. We recieved that response from you, but still felt it wasn't that good. So, we threw all of our efforts to make it better. Egor did the background, I reshaded the logo. We originally posted that as an update, to make sure that we really improved everything we could. That message did not really reflect that intention, and it, to be honest, was my fault.

With that said, i apologize for that mesage. Hopefully we'll recieve improvement ideas here, it would be helpful.

9. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

[​IMG]
    So I have this sprite here that's based on this sprite from Sonic 2:
    [​IMG]
    Basically, I was trying to make a Sonic 1 styled version of that sprite, but with what I have right now, it still feels off to me, and I'm not sure how I could fix it. If anyone could guide me along, then that would be nice.

Here's the palette, by the way.
    [​IMG]

10. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member Member

I always thought that sprite was weird in sonic 2 because it doesn't really fit the style of the rest of the sprites in that game either

Your version looks fine to me by the way.

11. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

Looks fine imo.

FохConED likes this.
  12. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

--- Picture removed ---
    Too much shit about it. Someone, please trash this post for me.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    HackGame and NiphFM like this.
  13. DevEd

DevEd A lol who occasionally doge nothing Member

My two cents: Most Sonic games rely heavily on geometric designs, while you're going for a more "cartoony" style, for lack of a better description. Unless you plan on changing the majority of the art assets to match the style, it's going to feel out of place.

EDIT: You can tell I have OCD because I edit my post just to add a period and an edit message saying that I have OCD...

FireRat likes this.
  14. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

Sonic is looking upward a bit in Sonic 2 while he's looking forward in your edit.

15. EMK-20218

Thanks for just to critique my art style without giving any help to a improvement in the "How can I improve this" thread, and thanks for show me how anyone can think that should be helpful when aren't being.

16. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

No, he did in fact tell you how you can improve it; Rethink the art-style to be more fitting with the other assets. I would be glad to receive such criticism, because it is actually constructive and has a good point. I would rarely agree with DevEd, but he is in the right place here. And sometimes a description can be far more impacting than just an edit reflecting their opinion, and it invites you to fine-tune it as you wish over them doing it in their individual style or convictions. What you said I think is actually quite rude in the context.

Gametoons and DevEd like this.
  17. EMK-20218

Damn it. It's too late. I removed the picture already. I commited a big mistake when I asked for a improvement on my picture in this place.

Gametoons, HackGame and Drex like this.
  18. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

So, what you wanted was people to say "looks fine" then rather than actually tell you how to improve it. The critique you got was fine, and was actually pretty sound advice. Maybe you should actually read such advice properly and understand the meaning behind it before you start whining like a little bitch.

Gametoons, AsuharaMoon, DevEd and 3 others like this.
  19. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Oh EK, how many times I've heard of you complaining about people doing exactly what you are doing right now. It's quite funny actually. The way you could improve is definitely being less hypocritical.

20. EMK-20218

Okay. I'm sorry for this. And thanks for let me know about this. Don't worry, guys. I removed the picture and asked it for it to be trash exactly before I going to understand the things wrong again. I'm really sorry for this problem.

AURORA☆FIELDS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.