General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Ashuro

Ashuro Anti-Cosmic Metal Of Death Member

I finally changed the titlescreen, i'm really proud of it... :p
    Sans titre.png

kenny0989, Niko, HackGame and 13 others like this.
  2. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

It doesn’t look right how Sonic is in front of Ashuro. Since Sonic’s first in the title, could you put Sonic to the left of Ashuro and move Ashuro to the right so they aren’t in front of each other?

TheInvisibleSun and Ashuro like this.
  3. Ashuro

The placement of the characters is not an accident. :p
    I've always said that Sonic & Ashuro is just a big update of my first hack: Ashuro The Badger.
    It's why Ashuro is the same as on the title screen of Ashuro The Badger, and why Sonic comes after.

But yes, Sonic & Ashuro, Sonic should come before, should be at the left, maybe i'll done it. ;)

4. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Honestly, I think Sonic and Ashuro's placement on the title screen are fine. I really like your title screen. I'm intrigued on how the background scrolls though. Please tell me those totem polls are objects so the background has multiple scrolls?

Niko and Ashuro like this.
  5. Ashuro

Thank you! :)
    I'm sorry to disappoint you, but unfortunately no, there is no multiple scroll. :p
    But... Wait... That's an idea! :eek:

FireRat likes this.
  6. Pokepunch

Pokepunch That guy who posts on occasion Member

Looks great! Only thing I would change is to move the "&" to the right side, at first I read it as & Sonic Ashuro. Other than that good job.

Ashuro likes this.
  7. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

I really dont like how the Sonic & Ashuro text looks, it just feels... Wrong. But i love the background, it looks good!

Ashuro likes this.
  8. Angel X

Angel X Well-Known Member Member

This art is... Beautiful!
    Everything is detailed, this is incredible!

This title screen is nice,especially the background.
    From your first rom hack version you've made giant steps!

LordXernom and Ashuro like this.
  9. Ashuro

Thank you very much, all!!

10. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

Alternative boss "Death Ball" for Death Egg zone.

Credits:
    Programming: - TheBlad768.
    Music port: - EgorTF.
    Graphics: - Original SEGA art, Dolphman(Robotnik).

11. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

My only complaint is that the boss seems to drag for a while and becomes repetitive. You may consider lowering the amount of hits.

12. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

Based on how I'm interpreting the fight, as well as the possible timeframe that will be available between hits, I would not be surprised if this boss can become One or Two~Cycled in both an RTS and a TAS, I know that I'll take a go at this at some point for one of my local SHCDQ marathon installments and figure out an Aggressor strat that works.
    The attack pattern, while not too obvious, definitely leaves a lot of space open for delivering some good damage in quick succession, it also seems as if an Aggressor strat would also require heavy usage of the Insta~Shield, which is fine by me, considering that I use it virtually all the time now, regardless of the zone or boss at hand; what I wonder though is how much RNG will come into play, I've been playing Cuphead for the past two days and having that in virtually every boss pattern truly does make any fight way too brutal for comfort, so I hope that'll not be a trouble here, for that alone might make this title get yet another Genocide City Zone Trophy instantly, but with proper reasoning, the difficulty would be a pain with heavy RNG but totally worth it in the end for all parties.

13. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Probably the best boss you've done yet, Blad. Just a couple of tweaks, and it'd be a great final or penultimate encounter.

- Both exploding laserball drop attacks (the X-homing and the mass drop) need to be slowed down just a bit. It's right on that edge of being too fast for users to be able to react to without a lot of practice. Not saying by much, just slow down the speed by a few frames and make is slot nicely into that sweet spot of hard, but fair.
    - The bouncing laser snake, slow that down just a bit as well. It's already pretty close to solid, and is more of a nitpick, but I feel that slowing it down just a tad (~5-10 frames) in movement would make it a bit more fair.
    - Finally, lower hit count to 12. Sonic bosses tend to have this sweet spot of 8 hits for the most part, but there are occasions where they step away from 8, and go a bit more. 12 is that "bit more" choice for those occasions. It provides that impression of tougher, while still keeping the boss engagement length reasonable. As this seems like a penultimate or final boss-type encounter, 12 would give it that comfortable medium in encounter length.

Keep it up, this is the best boss you've done yet. I want to see more and even better bosses (though not all final boss-type bosses; try simpler end-of-zone encounters some, and mix up your style).

ADDENDUM: Wasn't able to hear the audio earlier, so I felt the need to comment on it. The sound effects didn't fit. They sounded out of place most of the time. Music also needs some adjusting, as it needs better channel balancing and possibly some instrument adjustments. And the opening cutscene is too long.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  14. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

It's incredible with the amount of bosses you have made, Blad, is that you still don't know how to make a boss fun. The only thing going on for them, is that they look impressive, but for what end is it worth if there is no good gameplay running the firework show?

Pokepunch and ProjectFM like this.
  15. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Someone's after the Eggman Trophy this year perhaps?

Nice hit counter as well. My suggestion would be once the boss is defeated, the explosions are already attacking the entire foreground, so perhaps have it tear apart to reveal the Act 2 background?

Pineapple Arse likes this.
  16. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

redhotsonic edit: Even if that was a joke, just, no. Picture removed. The rest of the post is intact:
    But seriously, I really do not understand why you criticize every hack. What kind of hacks do you like at all? Where is reasonable criticism? I constantly see exclamations that *hackname* is not interesting, the graphics are bad, the music is not interesting, the bosses are NOT those who need you. And where are your "fun to play bosses for the hack?", Show at least one example of your "interesting boss". You have the opportunity to do as you want, well, do it! Why pour your taste on other people? Seriously, I absolutely did not care about your criticism, because it is 80% not objective. But your cries are already starting to get boring. Hacks != business, it's just crafts made on pure enthusiasm. No one has the strength to make the perfect hack, which is equal in quality with excellent fan games. Just stop doing it, and do something your own.

Thank you for your objective criticism! We will try to take into account all your tips for improving the boss. We're going to use this boss in SVA, not in the gameplay, but in another place (a little surprise).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2017
    kenny0989, TB_BX, pixelcat and 2 others like this.
  17. pixelcat

I have to agree here. "This is not fun" is a claim that isn't useful to the developer by itself; it needs to be backed up. What exactly is making this boss "not fun"? If you'd point out the exact flaws this has, the developer will probably consider fixing them.

But as of now... your post simply says "this is bad, I don't like it, scrap everything". Posts like this are usually ignored as they are useless to the developer. Instead, Blad will probably look at LazloPsylus' post, not because the feedback is mostly positive, but because it conatins advices on how to improve and lists what is objectively wrong.

TB_BX and Ashuro like this.
  18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

The boss appears to be quite difficult... I used to make my bosses in brother trouble really difficult too, and that turned out to be a really, really, big mistake... The exectution is pretty good though, I'm also pleased with how you're taking towards programming! You're gradually becoming a fine programmer~

I would say more, but I think Lazlo pretty much mentioned everything I would've said, so I'd strongly suggest reading his post, he makes some excellent points.

I think you guys need to calm down a little. I believe Egor is upset because he was involved in the project (only the music according to the credits, but still), I guess that's understandable. But I'm certain that you Mr. Cat only made the post to merely show off, or perhaps backseat mod. regardless of whether you have a point or not doesn't matter. Spanner (a staff member (and admin at that)) didn't kick up a fuss with Natsumi's post, so, as far as I can see, she did nothing wrong.

Furthermore, anything that Natsumi could've said, I believe Lazlo pretty much summed it up already, so I don't think there's really any need to repeat it.

ProjectFM and Crimson Neo like this.
  19. pixelcat

No. I made this post because I feel like I have things to say. I do agree that there's nothing to say besides what Lazlo has already said, but Natsumi's post has a significantly different tone which discourages the developer. That may not be how Natsumi intended to say it. In fact, I'm also guilty of that, there were a couple of times when my words came off as rude even though I didn't want them to. If that's the case, then you can consider my complaint not valid. We're all people here after all, and people do make mistakes from time to time...

With that said, please stop accusing me of trying to show off by bashing people, it kind of hurts.

TB_BX and ProjectFM like this.
  20. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I guess my words came off as rude even though I didn't want them to. As you rightly said, we've all been there =3

I'm not sure why you're surprised with Natsumi's tone considering you know her personality well by now. ...but I guess that's not the point. Anyway, I'm sorry for offending you, I just got a little upset with seeing a picture of a razor blade against someone's wrist. It's something I would normally consider NSFW, and I got a little upset about it.