Tails Adventure X-L Hack

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by LordXernom, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

I'm back with another Tails Adventure hack. It has palette edit in Poloy Forest, Caron Forest and Volcanic Tunnel, edited level layout of these 3 levels mentioned earlier, music swaps, edited SEGA logo, title screen, different weapon interface just like in Tails Adventure LX from SHC 2016, no Game Over screen etc.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've planned finish it for SHC 2017, but this critical glitch happened that I couldn't fix, which is odd, because I didn't had issues like this during Tails Adventure LX developement:

Download:
    Wait until SHC 2017.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Glad to see there will be a Game Gear hack in SHC17 (hopefully). I won't download this as I don't want to spoil myself when it comes to the streaming; so I will wait 'til then :)

LordXernom likes this.
  3. LordXernom

Basically I would compare situation of this hack to Virtual Adventure, but instead of real life issues there's this critical glitch that for now alone I cannot fix, that's why I cannot promise stuff, but I'll do my best to find solution for this issue. Also help from somebody, who can hack Tails Adventures would be nice. :)

4. LordXernom

Sorry for double post, but I can happily announce that I fixed that critical glitch and I can finish this hack for SHC 2017, so that's why I also deleted download link, because I want showcase finished built only. Dear people, who want record gameplay videos of this hack, that have this built I've shown earlier, please don't record videos, because I wanna finish this hack and see gameplays of final built :)

Here's a proof for fixed glitch:

redhotsonic likes this.
  5. LordXernom

I can announce that my entry and hack are ready for Sonic Hacking Contest 2017. I hope I'll pass quality criteria (I did some stuff to avoid issues, like totally remove all cringe/stupid/offensive references in tiles edit, tried improve on level design, technical evolution (edit layout of Polly Mr. 2, that I never did before etc.). I hope it will turn well and I wish all goodluck who will be part of this wonderful event!

[​IMG]

TheInvisibleSun and Burst like this.
  6. LordXernom

Sonic Hacking Contest 2017 is over and that was fun time. Didn't win any trophies, but this is first time I had any % in community trophies (30%) - thank you all for support! Now time to share link to own entry with download, because this thread was inactive enough:

http://sonichacking.org/entry/17

P. S. - Feedback on streams about own Expo entry Sonic Limbo hack made me motivated to work on own hack again (thank you all again, especially Spanner for changing my mind), so gotta take some time, don't rush things and I'll work on this hack with patience. That was fun event and year for now! ;)

For anybody who's interested in Tails Adventures hacking, there's link for editor I used to make this SHC hack (thanks SupperTails66!):

https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=35155

And my congratulations to Yoshister (the winner of 8-bit trophies of this Hacking Contest) for Sonic 2: Zen Island hack (it was great, really like it). Long live 8-bit Sonic games and hacks! (sorry for some off topic on this post, but wanted wrote this stuff so badly lol)

Ravenfreak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.