How can I add the homing attack to Sonic 1?

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by TKCool, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKCool

TKCool Memes with no dreams In Limbo

How can I add the homing attack to Sonic 1?

I've tried this page:[removed by staff] but it's too laggy and won't work in my browser.

(I'm using the Hivebrain 2005 disasm, by the way.)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
  2. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

The homing attack has been a really controversial topic for a while now. All the proper guides for it have been taken down to prevent it from being overused, and the guide you mentioned is very likely stolen code. If you want an alternative, Selbi made a very nice jumpdash guide you can use instead (it doesn't lock on to targets, but otherwise is very similar).

EDIT: I tried to link back to the jumpdash guide, but I can't seem to find it anymore. It seems it got lost with many other tutorials on SSRG. I hope it comes back soon, it was a really good one.

3. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

I'm pretty sure that guide uses stolen content, so I've removed the link.

Anyhow, to answer the question with another question, why do you need a homing attack? The way I see it, the point of it was to make jumping on enemies in the 3D games easier. In 2D, it's overkill.

Pacca and ProjectFM like this.
  4. Soldaten

Soldaten The Coilgun Root Admin

Selbi's jump dash is in the mass of tutorials that have been archived in preparation for the move to XF2.
    Aside from that, this isn't a place where you can ask "how do I add X moveset" into my hack and expect the code to be regurgitated to you.
    There are various guides strewn about the scene in regards to editing Sonic's movement, and you should take the time to figure that out, and then make edits to the code. If you run into trouble, then you can make a thread asking for help.
    Threads like this don't fly around here. Locked.
    And yes the homing attack in 2D Sonic is over kill, why the hell do people keep insisting on adding this into their hacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.