General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. NyaNyaLily

NyaNyaLily h Member

Guys, I made a new title screen for my hack. What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

Nice try, but this is clearly a mockup. If you look closely, you can see that there are slightly more than 61 colors. I respect you for almost getting away with it.

Jdpense, Niko, NiphFM and 1 other person like this.
  3. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Choppy "re-join" sequence, need to free at least two bytes to replace with a better method, though. Just for prototyping purposes. Original concept by Eduardo Knuckles, pending a change to the collision.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    EMK-20218, Niko, Jdpense and 6 others like this.
  4. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

Thanks to the newest release of Maniac Editor, my latest mod progress has all been background related.

upload_2018-4-6_20-59-50.png

5. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

Donkey Kong Remastered; Barrel Stage (SD).png

So, who would be down for playing Donkey Kong Remastered?
    Outside of a port of it made for a certain main series Ultra console entry, where you need to complete all four stages on one chance (or two, if you get an extra) in order to continue on with the main campaign and for MAX Percent completion, the original Arcade version of Donkey Kong (1981) has never officially gotten a true Arcade Perfect port or Remaster that is faithful to its art and sound assets, I'm working on sprite and audio enhancements for now and eventually will make it my way to the main festivities; out of what is presented in this showcase, the only sprites that have remained virtually unchanged from their original palette is the Fire in the Oil Barrel and the Fire enemy itself (except for its eyes), I can't draw High Colour fire for the life of me (yet) and I'll get to that at a better point.

M.N.K. likes this.
  6. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Things I've been working on for the past couple of weeks. Hoping to bring my sound driver near completion soon, so I can eventually go and release it to the wild.

Crash, Niko, TheStoneBanana and 9 others like this.
  7. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA whom belongs the red cat, complaints appreciated Member

upload_2018-4-14_10-20-21.png
    Don't mind me, I'm just drawing some things in paint

NiphFM, ProjectFM, Niko and 10 others like this.
  8. Royameadow

MS Paint MD, about time that we finally have a faithful port of this Windows application to the Genesis/Megadrive, wishfully the console add~ons and the Saturn will get similar when the time is proper, such a port was long overdue.
    At least in the case of this version, I am curious:

~ Is there or will there be a Dynamic Palette feature to make use of more than sixteen colours at a time; maybe even the full palette, if possible?
    ~ Has this been optimized for speed, so that taking the time to draw is not a brutal experience of waiting through plentiful lag frames, as how certain titles similar to this had done in the 199X decade?
    ~ Sega Mouse support would definitely be essential to a work such as this; I couldn't possibly imagine doing all of this by hand on a Six Button Controller, maybe the Arcade Megafire Pad though. Wishfully though, we'll see the Sega Mouse in full use here?
    ~ What would it take for Sega Homebrew Competition II to be launched with this as an entry? This is bound to win something if it shows up at such an event, I know it would have my vote for the Homebrew equivalent of the Robotnik's Revenge Trophy, it's not every day that we get apps from another OS on a Generation IV console.

9. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

As you can see in the window caption above, yes, I am stupid enough to do this. Why? I dunno, you tell me.

Later it will along with a paint bucket tool whenever I get to it.

It only gets laggy when it has to draw a lot of pixels at once, though I am looking to optimize it more.

The mouse is the only thing it supports fully right now.

As for a potential homebrew contest, I have no interest of releasing it as a standalone ROM for that kind of event. I will find other ways of releasing it, though. ;)

And no, I have no interest in porting it to the 32X or Saturn. As for CD, the only use I can see for it is its bitmap converter/"Full Graphics Function" taking off some workload when in 1M/1M mode.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    ProjectFM and Royameadow like this.
  10. Royameadow

Getting back into development of Bania GE a bit for the first time in a matter of weeks or months, it's been a while since I've touched it.

vlcsnap-error569.png vlcsnap-error717.png

Though I know that I still need to tend to the lighting and shading of the bricks in Spirit Waters (though, as mentioned in prior posts, Hydrocity's original bricks were originally set up in this fashion, both in 1994 and 2017; I was attempting to be faithful to the original design), that is not the core piece of material I was presenting on this yesterday: These screenshots had blown up a bit in view count on Twitter (currently over Eight Hundred) during a public testing of Digitized Graphics for the background and water, the latter of which fully animates too; you might remember the assets for the cave and the water being from my showcase of mockups for Infernal Injest Act III (Knux) back in March and May of 2017, they don't translate perfectly into Hydrocity's default palette but they still get the job done nonetheless, with little issues in vertical panning and horizontal parallax scrolling.

Credit goes to ZanaGB for the original design of the monitor, which has been remastered by me from its original Megadrive counterpart to meet the demands of Mania's higher palette.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  11. Pineapple Arse

Pineapple Arse I ironically hate cold temperatures. Member

A few things to note. Like I've said last time, the bricks clash in terms of shading, but that's not my main concern this time around. I am confused on what the background's supposed to be, because there's no clear indication of what the pixels are trying to convey. On the contrary, the knuckles and his life monitor clash with the art. Is he supposed to look like an Echidna warrior from Sonic Chronicals? And before I forget, all because Mania boasts more color capabilities that the Genesis, doesn't mean you should try to use all those colors. More colors doesn't always mean something will look better.
    Now, for a personal update of mine, I made more art for Sonic 1 Back to South Island, and I have plans to rename it.
    unknown-48.png
    This will replace SYZ.

Niko, NiphFM and ProjectFM like this.
  12. Royameadow

The Indigo/Violet tiles in Background Layer A of Spirit Waters Act II is a replacement for the carved bricks combined with Rock Pillars holding it up, the former of which inadvertently takes resemblance to Launch Base Act II's Underground section; Background Layer B is the same cavern shown in the upper portion of my IIZ Act III (Knux) mockup, as mentioned above, though due to how it converted when importing the Full Colour version into GraphicsGale, it got some shades of Green and Turquoise instead of the Blue that was once there, so it became mossy in design; it'll be easier to view in general gameplay though, it's basically the inner portion of an Ancient Ruins/Water Base hybrid.
    As also mentioned in prior updates to this project, Knux's reskin is an amalgamation of his Phantasy Star Online: Episode II Armour/Jumpsuit Outfit used in Sonic Adventure II: Battle and the Coloured bands that he has in his dreadlocks when using the Christmas Outfit in vanilla Adventure II; many people seem to have wanted this in sprite form for over a decade now, due to its then~popularity in Sonic Hoaxes from Mid~200X and up to a few years back, and I've been editing the entire spritesheet bit by bit, though I've got to admit that it has been brutal, it's not easy editing hundreds of character sprites by hand but especially for this style.

13. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

14. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Work in progress. (I have mixed feelings towards this BG for some reason)

[​IMG]

RouRouRou, Niko, jubbalub and 7 others like this.
  15. Narcologer

Narcologer Hell angel Member

This is video clip collection of gameplay footage of my upcoming hack. It shows demons, the wonderful sound effects they produce and the new hack boss - Lust the HellGirl!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  16. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

17. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

[​IMG]

This is a tough one, but would anyone like to venture a guess at what this is?

There will be free chocolate if someone gets it right~

ProjectFM and AURORA☆FIELDS like this.
  18. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

Is it a PCM waveform viewer/editor on Mega Drive, which is related to Dual PCM in some way?

19. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Nope, not a PCM waveform viewer/editor.

20. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

Altering the wave output of PCM samples by genesis HW capabilities? If yes this should be a cool feature)