General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Joshwoakes

Joshwoakes Active Sonic Hacker Member

I'm not sure what kind of reactions i will get from this and i'm not sure if many people will like this.

But here is some sneak preview gameplay of a sonic hack i hopefully plan to release sometime this year. i don't know when but all i'm going to say that it will be released when i feel it's ready for release.

i'm interested to see if anyone can guess what two other already existing sonic hacks this hack is inspired by looking at the foreground visual effect (Palette Rotation\Cycle) and by the fact the level is going to be maze like.

2. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Jester's Challenge and LSD is bad. The palette flashing effect is really not helpful with pitch black background and does not seem like its much fun. At least with LSD is bad you could still see around, even if a little poorly. Other than that, the art is quite nice and I like the concept

ProjectFM and Joshwoakes like this.
  3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, it works~

4. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

@Joshwoakes I agree on everything said by Nats. The concept is good and it's quite interesting the idea of a techno ballad you gave to it, but sometimes the colors change to something practically impossible to see. I like the music, but they are too quiet (must be way louder), but the project is becoming a very interesting thing.

@MarkeyJester You really don't stop, huh? I don't need to be an expert to imagine how this thing will be in the end. You're a living god, my friend.

Joshwoakes likes this.
  5. Joshwoakes

Joshwoakes Active Sonic Hacker Member

personally i think the volume of the music is fine but I guess i can try to make the music louder but the problem is that if i make it louder, it will either distort and won't sound too good or become overpowering but thanks for the feedback anyway.

Also, @MarkeyJester Split screen special stage? don't think i have seen that before.

6. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

I'm surprised barely anyone is attempting more split screen stuff. There are only 3 Sonic 2 levels available in 2 player mode yet there is no push to expand that. I guess it's because 2 player games are less accessible due to them requiring two people and appropriate hardware, but it would be really cool to see that stuff. Good job, Markey!

Jdpense and AkumaYin like this.
  7. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Now get motion sickness together!
    In all seriousness; this is cool as hell. Although I would like to see 2 players in the same map, so rather than having players race to finish different maps (since they often have different amounts of spheres) They'll instead race to get more spheres than the opponent. And this may just be me, but I always liked watching the second player (often my sister) pass by my screen. It just makes the world feel real and connected. But that could cause more lag than there probably already is. But that's my thoughts and this is your hack, so I understand if you won't take my suggestion. Either way; keep up the impressive work, and continue to bend my definition of impossible.

ProjectFM likes this.
  8. Catswell

Catswell Plushy lazy cat Member

Some sort of WIP. From my hack. (I make BG later)
    s1built001.png

RozetkaHacks, Niko, jubbalub and 10 others like this.
  9. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I like the grass design and those trees, although they are simple, they certainly look more realistic than GHZ's original! I'm also pleased to see you changed the shadows under the grass in all angles, most people are too lazy to do that, so well done~

I suspect we'll see some good things from you yet =3
    When I posted the screenshot on SonicRetro, they said a similar thing.

However, what I didn't tell them (as I neglected to mention in this thread too), the screenshot is only showing one of three possible modes. The mode you see is the first mode, where each player plays their own stage (even if it's the same stage, it's their own layout, and they play on their own), the other two modes are where they both share the layout and the same stage, just with different rules, like; all spheres will be grey, if Sonic collects then it turns blue, if Tails collects then it turns Orange; for who can collect the most spheres in the level before all grey spheres are collected. Another is where the spheres are already half blue and half orange, Sonic turns the orange ones to blue, tails turns the blue ones to orange, and you basically fight it out.

10. jubbalub

jubbalub Mania fanboy Member

I'm currently preparing a thread for my project, Sonic Mania: The Misfits Pack, but until that time comes, have some more up-to-date screenshots and previews.

Hill Top Zone has seen some minor level design changes and a new route at the top of the stage for the explorative types!
    [​IMG]

Labyrinth Zone is starting to show its age, which means it's due for a facelift! There have been multiple changes and additions, like more pathways and the waterfalls pictured. It's also recieved new custom artwork as shown.
    [​IMG]

One of the main complaints about Wacky Workbench Zone was its length, or lack thereof. To rectify this, the first act has been extended and more routes have been added. The music has also been updated with some more bells and whistles (literally)!
    [​IMG]

That's right, Aquatic Ruin Zone is now a part of The Misfits Pack! Don't worry, we've left behind some of the less desirable parts of the level, like the cheap enemy placement. Act 2 will be a complete twist, so stay tuned!
    [​IMG]

ProjectFM, NiphFM, Catswell and 2 others like this.
  11. TruffledToad

TruffledToad Mushroom says, mushroom does. Member

If I were to improve on one of the levels, maybe adding a few more badniks to Hill Top could help. I remember seeing very few badniks in the SHC2018 version.
    Edit: Also, you might want to make it so Boardwalk Bayou stands out more. It's literally just watered down Oil Ocean at this point.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    jubbalub likes this.
  12. Catswell

Catswell Plushy lazy cat Member

13. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Those clouds are absolutely wonderful!

It's also nice to see a change to the background in general.

EMK-20218 and Catswell like this.
  14. Aier

Aier "Aieru Dotsuto" Member

upload_2019-2-2_17-45-3.png upload_2019-2-2_18-4-49.png

This is all I've done right now, I tried to add Amy's hammer code but I failed, I'll keep trying...

RouRouRou and Catswell like this.
  15. maple_t

maple_t Exists Member

I have 2 things to show off this time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EMK-20218, RouRouRou and MarkeyJester like this.
  16. RouRouRou

RouRouRou Ain't no fun if the aliens can't have none. Member

I was bored the other day, so I made a swamp-themed Marble Zone. Marble Marsh?
    [​IMG]
    Anybody know a song that could work with this?

17. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Working on the animation. Got the mappings and tiles in place though.

Niko and ProjectFM like this.
  18. TruffledToad

TruffledToad Mushroom says, mushroom does. Member

I'd say maybe the Swamp from the Smurfs games (specifically the NES and Master System versions).

maple_t likes this.
  19. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

[​IMG]
    Finishing this one, all the special stages in my hack will be completed and fully playable. This is the last one.

20. Aier

Aier "Aieru Dotsuto" Member

Currently working on SS chunks and collisions, added amy's hammer code(thanks to Pacca, still some issues) and playable Metal Sonic

upload_2019-2-16_19-52-48.png

I need to work in the Zone card using Selbi's TCG but it has limited characters so I have to add the extra letters by hand (if you're In SSRG discord you know this) Stardust Speedwaa, Stardust Speedwas :p

EMK-20218 likes this.