General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

It looks excellent, but there are two things I want to point.

1 - If there's this large space between the icons, why don't you use the full level names instead of using three letters only?
    2 - The Genesis control featured is in a very poor image quality and there's nothing that makes it any better. Perhaps it should looks better if you apply some dithering or allow the art to use more colors. Also, you can edit the art in order of removing those annoying white pixels around it.

I like the progress, though.

Jdpense and Monitor like this.
  2. JayKuriN

JayKuriN wowie Member

I’ve changed Cyber City’s palette to where it’s not an absolute eyesore, and I’ve worked more on Metropolis. I’ve restored Wood Zone and I’m calling it “Secret Forest”, taking some inspiration from its doc-name “Secret Jungle.” Cyber City’s title card is still fucked up, but I’m working on fixing it. Please disregard the tail-end of the video, it’s just an unused zone ID I’m using for something.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

You can embed videos; there's an option for it in the editor bar next to the ones for emotes and images.

As for the video itself, I'd say it's great for a first start. My only major complaint is that the first zones' backgrounds' dark color really clashes with the bright white outlines.

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I really like the chromium metallic looking blocks in the background in Metropolis Zone~ If you implement more graphical changes into your levels like that, I'm certain you could probably make your own level from scratch with some moderate to excellent success.

Monitor, MrLordSith and Inferno like this.
  5. Catswell

Catswell Plushy lazy cat Member

A few screenshots from 2017 version of my hack that never be released, but one level of them will be in new version. You'll see that someday. :)
    Also, maybe I need to release that version into "Random hack" thread?

upload_2019-8-5_0-14-54.png

upload_2019-8-5_0-15-32.png

6. Picayune

Picayune Newcomer Member

Capture.PNG
    Nothing much just showing off an early build of a new project i'm working on

EMK-20218 and LordXernom like this.
  7. Jdpense

Jdpense Custom Title Member

This looks really amazing, I especially like the cake! =9 But I think the half-donut sticking out of the right side of cake looks a little weird and feels a little bit out of place...

...aside from that, I'm looking forward to this when it's released! ^^

Catswell likes this.
  8. JayKuriN

JayKuriN wowie Member

I’m going to start over on Cyber City, the art used was from those B-bomb files that were leaked, plus the existing art looks awful. I’m going to use art from Sonic Spinball as the basis for this.

I originally posted this in the Mini Hack/Project thread. And me being the absolute genius I am forgot it was moved here. Oops.

Edit: Not entirely

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  9. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Coming to a random hack/mini project thread near you:
    upload_2019-8-6_12-0-49.png
    Because if AshuraMoon can revive old character hacks in 2019, so can I.
    By the way, when I do release this, credits to @SMS Alfredo for the base glide code.

10. Catswell

Catswell Plushy lazy cat Member

It's gonna be great! I like Ray's gameplay from Mania!
    He's even "golden" in here :D

11. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

Yesterday around 22:33 pm I started a long song from Red Zone in SMPS format, the song uses 110 FM instruments, but I added 6 more instruments, sorry for the audio quality, my LG phone is ugly.

Full pitch bend effect on channels 3 and 4, added modulation on the same channels, panning added in channels 3 and 4, the lead instrument on channel 4 sounds very strong, the loudness when is exported on SMPS sounds high, tempo is around 197, I can't fix them with Mid2smps, I decided resize the tempo to 100 bpm and edit on Hex manually.
    The song was finished around in 7/8 hours, made from scratch, I had to change some notes because the songs from that driver, for Sonic 1, not supports some effects, like AMS and FMS.
    I will make, Night Mission, The Habam between others.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    ProjectFM, FохConED and Monitor like this.
  12. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Here's a look at Ray in Sonic 1 in video form. Not all the art is implemented, but it's mostly there.
    And as a warning, I didn't fix the Sega car crash noise thing. Enjoy.

13. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

14. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

15. Dewar

Dewar Newcomer Member

Level Art made by me!
    Beach.PNG

16. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Update time! I got all the main gameplay artwork done. There's about 8 more steps to go through before this is ready for release.
    • Import sprites for continue screen.
    • Make art for the title screen. (Or hopefully get someone better at art to do so.)
    • Make art for the ending sequence. (Same deal with the title screen.)
    • Finish the water palettes for Labyrinth and Scrap Brain Act 3.
    • Port skidding and balancing from Sonic 2. (For turning around and backwards balancing.)
    • Port "Knuckles in" banner from Knuckles in Sonic 2. (Replacing Knuckles with Ray, of course.)
    • Changing a few texts from Sonic to Ray.
    • Edit the credits to credit the people who actually have contributions to the hack.
    I hope to get this done by mid-October. At earliest, late September, at latest, early November.
    Anyways, enough rambling, video:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  17. EMK-20218

Does anyone remember the "Star Shooter/Cannon" object from the Neon Star Zone in the Mobius Evolution hack? It was one of the various things I invented to the hack. How it was invented by me (although programmed in Mobius Evolution by Abyssal Leopard with Hcktrox/FireRat's support), I didn't mind to bring it back in the new neon-esque zone that will come up with Project S.A.M.G.
    [​IMG]

18. JayKuriN

JayKuriN wowie Member

I decided to take your advice. I also tweaked more of the graphics to match the des-docs.

Here’s an update, it’s small but I think it fixes some stuff up:

In the meantime, here’s a big update for Secret Forest Zone. I have the general idea for it.

Oh, and thank you guys for your feedback.

Unused Account, Inferno and Pacca like this.
  19. Unused Account

Unused Account Well-Known Member Member

Secret Forest Zone looks kind of flat and directionless. It seems like the only usage of slopes here is to head vertically, rather than to utilize momentum as Sonic 2 tends to do. I'd say try referencing other in-game stages, or drawing the layout out on paper first if you don't already.

ProjectFM likes this.
  20. EMK-20218

I have news!

Credits: Dj Joker27, Kenny, MarkeyJester, HPZMan, HCKTROX, Eduardo Knuckles (ehh, me. xD) among others I don't remember because they are too many.