General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. JayKuriN

JayKuriN wowie Member

I know it’s pretty basic right now. Other than the beginning, it’s just some test crap I threw together to see if there’s any bugs. I’m in the process of adding new art and objects. I plan on utilizing the vine lifts from MCZ, as I already plan on changing it a bit.

My idea for the zone was a rainy forest in the middle of heavy rain, with rain pouring down through breaks in the forest roof. I don’t know if I can pull it off but I’ll sure as heck try.

Unused Account likes this.
  2. Narcologer

Narcologer Hell angel Member

Hellfire Saga trailer arises from infernal depths!

Hack by Hardline Team, trailer by Solarein Eylinor featuring original soundtrack by Gerry Trevino.

See you on SHC2019!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Love it, love it, love it!

What a marvellous trailer to what looks like a decent project!

FохConED likes this.
  4. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

I love how smooth Sonic's animation is.

5. pixelcat

pixelcat The Holy Cat Jr. Member

I don't really see that considering that right now the game features unmodified s3k sprites lol

6. Monitor

Monitor Custom Title Member

Can't wait to play this!

7. Catswell

Catswell Plushy lazy cat Member

I've seen it before and I need to say that trailer and hack is wonderfully amazing!

I was on SuperSonicCon 2019 and I was just surprised by hack features and elements that work together so well!
    Bosses are gorgeous, level design is pretty great and graphics by mr.cat are beautiful.
    I can't wait to see this in full release! HardLine Team, thank you for your work on this!

(Photo from SSC 2019, sorry for annoying blur)

HFS.png

8. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

You know the Green Demon challenge? If by chance you don't, it's a challenge in Super Mario 64 where Mario has to get a Star without touching the 1-UP mushroom that follows him during the level.
    Now, I've been making something similiar in Sonic 1 aided by the ReadySonic disassembly, where the only Ring in a level follows Sonic, and you must clear the level without touching the Ring while it follows you, or you die.
    Here's some gameplay!

I plan on adding in something more original into the hack, but while you wait for a release, enjoy this footage of me struggling to go through GHZ 1!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  9. Kilo

Kilo Foxy Fren Exiled

Got this title screen working thanks to @AsuharaMoon but according to him it was originally made by @MarkeyJester
    Credits to both of you, I guess. (Oh also the others who helped me on Discord because I don't have brain cells.)

10. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Lol! Sorry, ignore that. I was sleepy when I was watching the video in that time, so I ended up seeing things and I had the impression Sonic's animation were better (?) for some reason.

Now I'm laughing at myself at that...thing I said. But anyway, that doesn't change the fact that trailer and everything else is fantastic!

(Sorry for the reply later as well.)

11. Alex

Alex Active Member Member

You were probably referring to the sprite that is seen in the video's captioned transitions, as it has more frames of animation than the vanilla Sonic 3 running animation.

12. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

We are almost there!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  13. Jdpense

Jdpense Custom Title Member

@EMK-20218 - I can't wait until it is released! ^^

Now, I am back for an update of an extra mode for my hack, that I hope I can get finish and polished in time for this year's contest...

14. Greenknight9000

Greenknight9000 Well-Known Member Member

AWESOME!!
    We're finally gonna have a good Ray in Sonic 1!
    I will say though that the "RAY!" and the change in "Sonic Team Presents" irks me a bit, I don't know why. I suppose I like to see things as authentic as possible. It's just a minor nitpick from a guy who's a little bit perfectionist crazy, but I bet the gameplay will be absolutely stellar!

Unused Account likes this.
  15. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

I do appreciate the fact that the graphics are not stretched, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate the screen crunch. It gives me Sonic Genesis flashbacks. I guess that's due to hardware limitations, but still...

16. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

Surprise people!

Finally I put the Mashup about of those two songs from Uncharted Tide zone Act 1 from Mobius Evolution.
    By Harder Project team.
    Dj. Joker27 music.

17. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Once upon a time, I was working on a Sonic 2 hack. This was the title screen I made for it (sans the logo anyway). I've had these videos unlisted on my YouTube channel since 2015, but with the project being well and truly dead, I figure I might as well finally make them public.

The idea was that the game would start on the Death Egg, where Eggman would trap Sonic, and warp him to other dimensions, forcing him to travel through levels from other games, including Star Zone from Mario Land 2, Whoa Zone from Super Paper Mario, and Sand Zone from Cave Story. Yes, it was a requirement that each level have 'zone' in its name.

If this sounds slightly familiar to you, well, part of the reason this hack was cancelled was because Sonic Mania came out.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Jdpense, EMK-20218, AkumaYin and 5 others like this.
  18. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

I started playing around with the parallel port on my Windows 98 computer recently. I made a horribly hacked together set of cables that connects it to my Genesis. With that, I made a program (used alongside Markey's Bitmap MD tool) that sends image data over from the PC to the Genesis, all as a fun exercise.

(1st two images were made by BinBowie)
    (Also, the discoloration at the corner is from the TV itself, nothing I can really do about it for now)

19. Stardust Gear

Stardust Gear A Programmer Member

Screenshots from my work-in-progress ROM hack:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Jdpense

Jdpense Custom Title Member

@Stardust Gear - ooooo I am loving the aesthetics added here so far!

Well anyways, I now too am back with an update for my hack...

Which shows off how bosses will work in this hack....

Coming to SHC 2019...

....maybe