Sonic 3 Combined SSRG Release

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Akram, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Akram

Akram Newcomer Trialist

Introduction
    Alright so I have been working on this hack for a little while now, and I thought that this is a good time to release it on SSRG. This has been released on Steam Workshop already so anyways here is what the hack is all about.

Description
    This is my own version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and I changed and added some stuff, like the level select, the cheats, the title screen, and general changes to the gameplay. Hope you like it!

Images
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conclusion
    So that is it, for now. This is just version 1.0, if you find any bugs or glitches or things that need to be added/changed, do tell me.

Attached Files:

2. FruitcakeDog

FruitcakeDog Newcomer Member

I decided to have a lil’ play of this and what can I say? It’s pretty much just vanilla Sonic 3K with a few changes here and there and a rearranged level select without any character restrictions for certain levels. I was kind of let down at the fact that Mushroom Hill’s title card hadn’t been changed to reflect its name on the level select, but I do like the idea of having all three types of Special Stages implemented and accessible.

It’s nothing too special, but I suppose it’s an alternative to the OG game if you use the level select frequently. If there’s anything I’d suggest changing its altering the MHZ title card as mentioned before and either restoring the ‘& Knuckles’ text on the title screen or lowering the emblem and banner so there isn’t a huge empty space there.

Also since this hack is called ‘Sonic 3 Combined’ you might want to consider replacing some of the SK music tracks with their S3 counterparts (Title Screen, Miniboss, 1-Up etc).

3. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo The noob next door Member

There isn't anything to say much about the hack right now. I'd like the effort you've put as S3K is hard to hack, but so far but this doesn't look finished. You need to add something better such as level design or features that stand out to people.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  4. Tanman Tanner

Tanman Tanner Well-Known Member Member

All I see from what I've played in your ROM Hack so far is just improvements to the original game, which is fine if you're going to change stuff up, but all that's really unique is the ability for Sonic to go into Knuckles section or vice versa.

5. Akram

Akram Newcomer Trialist

I made some companion hacks too! Rom 1 is Sonic 3 Alone and another is Sonic & Knuckles.

Attached Files: