Sonic: The New Ranger (Help request thread)

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by Psycho RFG, May 15, 2020.

1. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

Hi to all.

I really don't know if this thread is permited here because the main thread for asking for help was closed recently. If this si not permited, please, feel free to delete it and I'm sorry, it was not my intention to break any rule.

I thought in doing this thread some time ago, but I was refusing to do it because I thought I could do it with the help I already have, but the time is passing and passing and the project is not completelly finished (although it's perfectly playable and it looks finished, but there is a few things in my design that still left). I didn't want to ask for help because I'm very happy with all the people who helped in the past to this project but now I want to finish the game project (called "Sonic: The New Ranger") and I'm using this hard days to work a bit more on it.
    People that contributed to the project with music and other stuff are busy with his own projects, real life or they simply doesn't have free time (that is perfectly understandable). I'm always comprensive but I really want to release the project and I don't want to release it incomplete or not as expected/designed... And that's why I opened this thread. I don't put the last video of the project because it's old and now the project looks much better.

While I'm polishing things and doing some stuff I would like to ask for help for the next things:

1- Music: I need some songs for some stages/bosses in SMPS format for Sonic 1. I need people good with music stuff and very experienced. The music stuff of this project is really impressive and the new songs have to be at the same level (ValleyBell and Crash has done great master pieces of great songs).

2- Special Stage coding: I need someone that has dealed a lot with Special Stage coding stuff because I'm stuck with something there.

3- Sprite Art: Nothing special, but maybe I will need some small edits. Nothing major here.

4- Bug Fixing: Someone with great knowledge of the Sonic 1 engine that can give a try to fix some bugs present in the original game.

Please, if you are interested and you have good skills to any of the points I need, send a private message here at SSRG.

I really thank all the people who helped in this project. One million of thanks to all of you:
    Vladikcomper, ValleyBell, Crash, SpirituInsanum, MarkeyJester, Clownacy, TheBlad768, A-S-H.
    I miss some of you. I hope everything was going really well for all of you.

EDIT: The project is in an advanced state. It seems some people doesn't know the project so I will put here the last video. As I said, note that they are old and now the game is more advanced.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  2. Psycho RFG

Hi again. I re-post here to update the first post since I received some help for some stuff and because I really need help with some songs for the game to complete the soundtracks. It would be great if people with good knowledge could do some of the songs, even if it's only one or two songs it will help to reduce the songs I still left to complete the game. I'm looking for quallity as I stated before:
    I know that people is busy with real life and other stuff, but any help with this will be much appreciated, as always. Thank you!

Here is a last video I recorded (sorry for the bad quallity and the bad audio, I recorded it in a different computer and hasn't enough power and I wasn't familiarited with it). It was recorded at the end of august, so now even this video is outdated but you will see some new cool stuff on it:

Please, respect the autor and do not copy the stuff you see here!

3. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I like what I see, what kind of music are you looking for? That is, if you think I can qualify for this task. I haven't done anything related to music in years, but I can give it a try.

Also:
    Technically, using the jumping animation when you collect a chaos emerald is an idea you copied from me, since I did it in 2008 :U
    *runs*

Just kidding, considering how natural that animation feels in that context, I'm surprised nobody else is using it. But I like to think that great minds think alike :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  4. Psycho RFG

Thanks, it's great to see you like it :)
    About the music, thanks for the offer, I can request a song to you and see how it goes if you want. Can I listen to some of your last smps work? You can use the PM.

lol I never saw it in any hack, I used a lot of the unused animations and yeah, that one fits great when Sonic get the emerald. I did it long ago, but I'm sure it wasn't before 2008.