Sonic Ohshima

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by NotSoDevy, May 25, 2021.

1. NotSoDevy

NotSoDevy Newcomer Trialist

This rom hack is currently a work-in-progress. Things you see as of now MAY BE CHANGED IN THE FINAL PRODUCT.

Sonic Ohshima (previously known as "Sonic 1 CES Edition"), is a rom hack that once again brings scrapped concepts to life.

Right now, the rom hack is an AUTODEMO, meaning it is not playable.

upload_2022-4-12_22-20-34.png

upload_2022-4-12_22-20-49.png

upload_2022-4-12_22-21-1.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  2. Stdh

Stdh Active Member Member

even tho its in a early state it is pretty good! tho i have found some bugs/things that i think need to be improved
    1. the normal deform for green hill zone is still the same
    2. the ufo's and the lava in marble zone look like they are removed
    3. not a bug but 1 of the chanels in starlight zone is removed witch i found it very empty
    overhaul a good hack!

3. Matt

Matt Active Member Member

Amazing Hack. Just a question: have you taken the inspiration from Sonic 1 KawariNo? If yes you had a fantastic idea. The concept of this hack is really good, keep going on this amazing work buddy! ;)

4. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

It's rather impressive for someones' first rom hack release. Kudos for that. It could definitely use some improvements though:

Green Hill Acts 1 and 2 have lovely custom chunks, but have insanely linear level layouts. They're both completely flat and have no alternate routes or turnbacks; you can literally hold right to win if you know whats' coming, and even without knowing, the vast majority of the time is spent holding right. I'd recommend studying the vertical nature of the original GHZ layout and the underground layouts in S1 SMS/GG, as adding more variety to the level layout would do wonders.

5. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

Good start, keep it up buddy, still you must fix some issues, but this is very nice. You will be better in the future, so don't rush to make quickly your changes.

6. NotSoDevy

Hey guys! It has been months since its nasty demo release. After a few restarts (and being too busy with stuff, lol) I finally got back to working on this. Here is the first sneak peek:
    upload_2021-11-3_21-2-4.png

badnest, Crimson Neo, Matt and 3 others like this.
  7. NotSoDevy

Hello guys once again! It has been few months since the initial update log of the hack.
    Very sorry if there hasn't been any updates. Anyways, here is a recent sneak peek of the new Green Hill Zone.
    upload_2022-4-8_18-28-49.png

Crimson Neo and Filter like this.
  8. NotSoDevy

The page has been updated, along with the new autodemo build.

Enjoy!