Mickey Mouse in Sonic 1!

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Candy_TheCat, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Candy_TheCat

Candy_TheCat CandyTehRat Member

Another hack made by me, featuring the 93 year old star Mickey Mouse himself!

Controls:
    Press B to Punch (use this to break badniks)

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

ROM:
    Mickey Mouse in Sonic 1.bin

(Title Screen sucks due to pallete limitations and vram issues)
    (pallete wont go so nicely with badniks that use sonic's pallete due to limitations.)

Attached Files:

Deactivated Account likes this.
  2. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo The noob next door Member

I was hoping a World of Illusion or Castle of Illusion styled control scheme but it just doesn't feel right. For one, the spriting needs a lot of work. I see tons of cut pixels off Mickey, even with the punching animation. If you are going to change character sprites, focus on the mappings too. Also, that life icon is hilarious, it looks like a nerd wearing Mickey Mouse ears. You can make custom sprites or rip out WOI or COI's sprites and make an awesome piece of work. What's not amusing is the life text. You don't have to match with the font size originally. You can just shorten the text to fit Mickey's name in. Also, the punching doesn't feel great, you aren't allowed to move and I just feel like it is broken most of the time.

Overall, you need to slow down and take it easy with it. Don't go rushing to swap Sonic with someone else just to gain attention, that's not how the world works, I'm afraid. You need to gradually build upon the hack; the more you apply, the more traction you will receive from audiences around the community. I would like to see more work put into the hack for the next release and this time, don't go rushing for that update. Also, don't feel discouraged about what I said. I get that you want people to see your work as soon as you can, but at the same time, you need to work on ironing out the necessities to bring more people to the scene.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  3. Candy_TheCat

I see, I promise to remake this and put a new rom here, ill be focused and on track of whether there is an error or not.

Thank you for your critiscm.

4. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

Which is the main goal here, my friend?. Are you planning change all from the game or, only want leave these new sprites?.
    Is good how someone know to port new sprites, something than I never can't do it in the past.
    Despite the fact that the icon of life is not pleasant to me, you are on the right track, you can modify everything again, do not rush to show everything, for a job to be well done, you must learn to work more on your goal and be careful.
    If you are willing to be a good artist, you will have to learn more and more, it is normal because no one was born knowing, because then you will improve day by day.

5. Candy_TheCat

Alright, but this time, ill just be delaying hacks. And I do have a great idea for a hack project

6. Trance

Trance Newcomer Trialist

A little criticism, so here I go.

Firstly, the Punch does jack-shit. Not even pixel perfect will kill an enemy. Only jumping will work sometimes. Maybe it's me, but buddy, you forgot to code the punching, lol.

Secondly, the sprites. They kinds suck some of them. Maybe make your own, or rip them properly. Not bad for a beginner if you are. 4/10. Keep up the work.