General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. SuperSayian Zrise

SuperSayian Zrise Well-Known Member Exiled

2. Techokami

Techokami For use only on NTSC Genesis Systems. Member

My hack isn't far enough along to warrant a thread yet, so I'll just post these here:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The pixel art of Sonic on the title screen is by DarkTremor100, who has given me permission to use this in my hack!

DarkexMW, Angel X, TomTalker and 17 others like this.
  3. Speems

Speems Well-Known Member Member

That title art is gorgeous! I also dig how the badnik sprites look, same with that shield (*insert eyes emoji*)

4. Regal102

Regal102 Newcomer Trialist

New updating HUD and palette (like EHZ from Sonic 2). lol
    s1built-0000.jpg

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

6. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

It took me too long to notice what was up, but then the realization hit me, and I felt super happy.

Please, never stop messing around with water.

TheInvisibleSun likes this.
  7. ExtremeBehavior

ExtremeBehavior Indefinitely inactive Member

A screenshot for my next ROM hack project!

[​IMG]

I made Chemical Plant Zone Act 1 the one of the more better (and far enhanced) places ever go as Sonic the Hedgehog in Sonic 2

(This is not the first time this happened)

NOTE: For better experience (or make up of what you will), imagine this song playing on my version of Chemical Plant Zone Act 1 as the picture shown above :D

NOTE: Moved from here since someone suggest me to show my HACK project image on this thread instead

8. ExtremeBehavior

[​IMG]

Here is it.

9. Techokami

Techokami For use only on NTSC Genesis Systems. Member

[​IMG]
    So I made Spinners threatening.

10. GenesisDoes

GenesisDoes What Nintendont Member

Act 3 (Morning) of Techno Tower Classic Zone for my ROM hack. Also zone now includes a port of Electoria (beta version from Sonic Crackers) into Chaotix.

Pretty surprised how similar both Crackers' and Chaotix' sound drivers are; a straight port other than throwing the DAC channel onto a PWM one, adjusting PWM sample IDs, and fixing up z80 pointers.

11. Catswell

Catswell Plushy lazy cat Member

Coming to SHC! (hopefully)
    upload_2021-7-22_0-46-7.png upload_2021-7-22_0-47-29.png upload_2021-7-22_0-51-17.png

12. Inferno

Inferno Rom Hacker Member

13. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

Hey there! Did you think we abandoned Hellfire Saga? Well here's something to show you it's still alive and kicking — a video demonstrating new and updated sprite work for a sub boss!

The team is working on this very actively, as the full version's release is this year!

Jdpense, Angel X, Crimson Neo and 3 others like this.
  14. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

15. ExtremeBehavior

Nice job! I've played your hack a few years ago on KEGA Fusion at my old computer, but it was unplayable on mobile emulators like GenPLUSDroid, sadly. And also, nice effort you put on your hack project even further still ongoing as of today, and also showcasing very well on this video too! Thumbs up for this video, too!

And also, I have already showcased a few of the screenshots of my recent Sonic 1 hack on SSRG Discord server, so here is it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that's all.

... or not.

[​IMG]

CLASSIC SONIC HAS PEED THE WHOLE SOUTH ISLAND AND INCLUDING PEEING EVERYTHING
    IN THE FOURTH WALL INCLUDING HIMSELF

(This is not a joke, guys)

SuperSayian Zrise likes this.
  16. yami

yami the homing attack addict Member

Dear god what the hell is that palette...

I'd feel wrong saying that something's bad without offering a method to fix it, which is why I'd like for you to read this thread. It seriously is very helpful in showing how to make a good palette. Some of the stuff that you have going on is seriously too much, like the reds being too saturated, the water being gray while the "waterfall pixels" (the ones with the cycling palette) are yellow. I don't know if that was intentional or not? But if you're going to have gray water, please make sure that your colors match. Also, you made the flower completely black. Again I don't know if this is intentional, however, I'd seriously recommend fixing that palette up.

17. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

My god, my eyes hurts, why you still put objects out of place?. I need to know if you are aware about what you doing, you need to change the level design. I see cut chunks and an exageration from spikes, GHZ 1 doesn't use chunk with breakable wall, pit bottom is ridiculous.
    Change the palette colours, the Title Screen palette is very strong, without sense, you need help and you need to stay calm, a tip for you, don't waste your post, I suggest to you work slowly and calm please, don't rush with this, otherwise the results will be bad.

I do not blame you and I understand the point where you go to show the hack progress, but you should study the level design a lot, and even the tools that are in the forum, I did the same mistake as you, so relax and be calm. But I advise you not to rush to quickly show everything and, you have a lot of time to work and get better, be curious, open your mind, the majority of the people here can help to you.
    I have seen that you have commented on some threads and many have not responded, take it easy and let the other user respond when they have time, we are willing to help and respond, but be calm and mature.
    Last, I'm not being bad with you, I am only giving my opinion so that you improve for the better, and you can stop making those mistakes, (which are frowned upon and must be fixed).
    Use the help threads, do not be afraid to ask, and if someone tells you to fix something that is wrong, pay attention and you can fix the bugs without problems.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  18. Giovanni

Giovanni It's Joe-vanni, not Geo-vanni. Member

Tricks!

I took inspiration from the Sonic Advance series to implement tricks you can do after bouncing off a spring, except these have less creative art because I don't know how to do art. You do them by pressing A, B or C and your desired direction

It may not be much, but this is the first time I give Sonic a custom move, so I felt pretty proud of my work.

Angel X, Pacca, Scrap Sorra and 2 others like this.
  19. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

This is neat, but surely there are pre-existing available animations that fit for a couple of directions (like the 'leap' animation, for example).

Giovanni likes this.
  20. NyaNyaLily

NyaNyaLily h Member

Pretty cool stuff!
    One minor nitpick I have though, is that in Sonic Advance, Sonic briefly pauses in midair before going off in the direction.
    [example]
    Man, I've played these games way too much

ProjectFM likes this.