Sonic 1 World

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by SuperSayian Zrise, May 24, 2021.

?

Is this good as it is?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2021.
  1. YES! (its fine/pefect

4.0%
  2. NO! (needs more work)

88.0%
  3. Maybe.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Your Choice.

8.0%
  1. ExtremeBehavior

ExtremeBehavior Indefinitely inactive Member

Then if you say that you didn't have any friends, then again: what disorder did you have? And I guess you probably have austim too. :cool:

SuperSayian Zrise likes this.
  2. SuperSayian Zrise

SuperSayian Zrise Well-Known Member Exiled

Well, I really don't know any of my online friends well enough to call them a true friend.
    I don't know what else to add.

3. ExtremeBehavior

Me too.

Back when I was still active on DeviantArt with accounts, my only friend there was 28118 I guess. I'll often chat with him morning and night with dicussing about something, and he have less words to response to me. Now I won't return to DeviantArt just to create my new accounts and showing my arts there anymore, so I didn't draw anything unless with exceptions. Also I didn't chat with him anymore.

And also, I didn't have almost any friends anywhere, either in Internet and in real life, except I does have a few of them, such of Yeo Chuan Zhee (my Malaysian Chinese elementary school friend, now he is an YouTuber but I forgot how to find his YouTube channel anymore, and I barely remember his name until now, so I guess that's his name)

4. ExtremeBehavior

But someone from Discord said you didn't need to create more Sonic ROM hacks. Only one or two Sonic ROM hacks is enough.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  5. SuperSayian Zrise

Its mostly when I'm bored or something. Sense hacks take every year to come out unless you lucky.

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

Um, what?

Such an overtly obnoxious thing to type and assert. Actually, a lot of what you've been posting lately has come across as very rude; I sure hope I'm misreading a language barrier issue.

Sorry for the off-topic post, but wow...

7. SuperSayian Zrise

The posts currently were off topic. So I think its better to wrap it up here.

8. DeltaWooloo

DeltaWooloo The noob next door Member

I have a valid question for @SuperSayian Zrise
    Do you want to participate in your hack in SHC? A few members and I told you to stop rushing this hack, and I don't remember you listening. However, you realise that when you run a piece of work and submit it ASAP, you're most likely bound to receive the same review from our fellow peeps. So please, take my advice, don't submit your hack to SHC. You'd get the same evaluations from judges, and people would start to look down on you, not to mention quality control, so it's doubtful it will be in the contest section.

Oh, and I got a question for @ExtremeBehavior
    Who do you think you are questioning people's disabilities? As TheInvisibleSun said, it's pretty much obnoxious and rude to ask people like that. But I do agree it may be a language barrier issue. But still, this isn't very respectful to interview who they are. This is irrelevant, and you shouldn't say a sensitive topic about people's disabilities within these forums. And just because if someone has autism or not doesn't mean you're a loner. People with autism have tons of friends and people who look up to aspire them for their futures.

From what I read, I was hoping you could do me a favour, SuperSayian Zrise. I do not want to see a notification in SSRG saying it came from this thread and that you took a week or two to upload the same hack with minimal changes such as minor level design edits or palette changes. While you work on your hack, I could give you a little boost by showing you this helpful guide on SonicRetro talking about level designing Sonic games and looking at some ROM hacks such as Sonic 3: D.A Garden, which is a hack with level designing done right. I also found this source to be helpful with palette design. :)

Lastly, from the earlier messages I've read from both of you, I was hoping you could take my advice, and I want you too not to forget this. Stop posting on SSRG until you know how to behave on the internet. Half the time, it's the same hack I'm receiving from SuperSayian Zrise or (almost) complete waffle as a post from ExtremeBehaviour. Give the both of you at least two weeks to calm down to understand how to mature yourself on internet forums before coming back and continuing to post here. I know I came across as harsh, but my points are well-rounded, and it's time you understand that it's best to think before posting.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  9. Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account Well-Known Member Exiled

Ladies and gentlemen, I hope that no one repeats this bad action again, here we come to discuss ideas and help, I can't understand why Extreme Behavior continues making double post. Read the rules please, let's be mature, you have been warned to follow the rules, you are newcomers, I kindly ask you to start changing your attitude and please do not judge or discriminate.
    Pay attention to the Staff, both of you should stop rushing and should take a long time to think about what to do with your hacks, respect others if you want to be respected.
    Those of us who are here also go through this process, so be responsible and stop the fights, if they not follow the rules, I assure you that, both will not have a good future.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    ExtremeBehavior and Angel X like this.
  10. ExtremeBehavior

Sorry for that. I'm not aware that I'm violating the rules and judging or discriminate someone else. (even someone who's austim) I promise next time I'll be more carefull and will respect each other and stop fighting. I'll make sure that this'll never happened again. :(

11. Deactivated Account

This is a community, and each one of us here is willing to help and give information, you only have to learn and they must agree to move forward, demonstrate that they are capable of reasoning and be mature. Said this, good luck to you both and get it right, the law applies to everyone equally, so join in the fun.

12. SuperSayian Zrise

P05 Is here and this is a spindash and air dash test.
    Not joking that's it

Attached Files:

13. Scrap Sorra

Scrap Sorra Well-Known Member Member

no idea why you chose to release this when the only changes are a spindash and an airdash. Since I haven't played this hack since I last talked about it I guess I'll talk about all the changes I notice. Sonic's palette still doesn't look good in my opinion. His blues don't have enough contrast between them, making his blues look muddied. You could fix this by making the darker two shades a bit darker or by adding a bit more green to his palette. I think you're going for a chaotix look with sonic's darker skin tone being orange. This doesn't look that great without editing the sprites first. I'm also not a big fan of how you increased the brightness on his shoes and somehow never thought of increasing the brightness of his greys. If you do want a Chaotix look, well look at how chaotix handles shading and colors and try editing sonic's palette and sprites accordingly (keeping the palette limitations of the genesis in mind of course). One last thing, I have no clue why the HUD is slightly green, but I really don't think it looks good. The grass in green hill is the only thing I've noticed has changed and it doesn't look great because you added some red to the two brightest greens and not the darker two shades. You could fix this by reducing the red in the lighter two shades or adding red to the darker shades and adjusting the palette of the level to make it fit. The level design is still the same and it's still not good.
    upload_2021-8-18_11-34-16.png

There's still bottomless pits which is a great thing to have in your first level if you want nobody to like your hack. I recommend looking at level design guides and just starting it over again.
    As for things I do like, well I like the ring palette, although it could look better if it was a bit darker. The spindash works as it should so that's good to see, and I really hate the air dash in hacks but it seems probably unintentionally weak compared to how it normally is which actually makes it better. I'm still not a terribly huge fan of the air dash but this nerf whether intentional or not is refreshing to see.
    With the power of a real-time palette editor I edited the GHZ palette (and sonic) to hopefully give you an idea of what I'm talking about with the palette changes
    upload_2021-8-18_11-43-19.png
    and because I guess I gotta mention the other zones Marble's palette doesn't look good
    upload_2021-8-18_11-47-35.png
    Firstly you made the mistake of giving two colors the same value, making the palette look really unappealing and devoid of detail that should be there.
    upload_2021-8-18_11-49-16.png
    Fixing it is as simple as raising one value to be brighter than the other like the original Marble zone. I don't think the seafoam green grass and pale white marble goes well at all with the lava. The colors could work if you were planning to remove the lava and/or import another zone's assets. Also, if you wanted to fix the background grass so you could change the pillar colors to pink, there are much easier options than not changing some of the pillar colors from green which looks really bad.
    The other levels don't have palette changes, just rudimentary name changes that feel kinda uninspired and lazy, but I guess I'll check out Scrap Brain zone's new name-
    upload_2021-8-18_11-59-59.png
    well then
    The rest of the names aren't anything special and are pretty generic but I wouldn't focus on names too much. Focus on level design and palettes and try importing some custom art and I think this hack could turn out good.

Attached Files:

14. Deactivated Account

It has been three days since your last post of your hack and it seems to be that you do not understand, seems to be that, we wasted time giving tips, if you publish another ROM, at least send us an update with an edit from 50% (includes fix bugs and more). Try to get serious about what you are doing, stop rushing, it is not bad to show progress, but I recommend that you work a lot more.
    There are many bugs in sight, do not say "Not joking that's it", because apparently, Sorra's post says the opposite, you want your hack to be playable, well, take your time, and you need to stop rush. I really don't understand what is your point in rushing, I told you in your other post, for a hack to be playable "you have to spend more time on it" - "more knowledge" and a lot of practice. I'll be honest with you, you are not yet ready to publish an update, making a post with multiple Roms half-made is not ideal, give it time and show something better in one or two months.
    Ahh sorry, I suggest to you since now, show pictures of the hack progress, It would save you more time and you will be able to work without having to send 500 roms to ask for help, DM if you want help.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  15. SuperSayian Zrise

Quick progress update:
    I'm slowly making the next build. And also, in that time I can finish hacks that are not ready for release.
    Not such fun facts:
    Sonic The Hedgehog x10 is actually finished. Only making remakes, versions or remasters of it.
    Same for Sonic 1.23 (Because I did not plan to modify every level)
    Sonic 1 World 6th Prototype coming soon..... When? I don't know, actually.
    Edit:
    I don't understand how all of you are saying I'm "Not improving." It's like you suspect a outstanding hack with custom art, super sonic, well balanced, very very original, plus very good level names and more. And to say the tips you give me are just a "waste" makes no sense to me either. I mean, any information and criticism I get I for sure listen to. It's like you suspect me to manage to find most flaws on my own. Things experts will point out in a second or shorter. I did get someone to play my hack. They said I should make it look nicer or the key word for cut chunks. I don't know why at the two backwards S tubes I should add a chunk above. I don't plan for anything on top anyway. Plus in the first one they won't reach it from a yellow spring. And it's werid how the level isn't considered a Sonic level. It's fast and slow. I don't get what I'm missing. And now I have to restart the whole level again. (Insert very dramatic fall off chair.mp4) well the more I work on this. The more I will not finish it. I can't work on it for a month or 2. If I finish it from every level. I have to restart EVERYTHING! Which is very very long. To make a complete hack. It took long enough to make x10.
    I wasn't trying to be mean or sound mean. But I'm sorry if it came out that way.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021